** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Feb 5th - 10th

eplratings.jpg

The Premier League has now entered its mid-season winter break with no matches scheduled for next weekend. The weekend after that there is a single fixture due to the FA Cup 4th Round. So most of the next round of matches will take place in the week after that weekend. I know, it's a long wait but let's hear any thoughts or predictions you have on these games. Do you agree with the winter break given how many games have been postponed due to covid?

• 2 weeks later...

Burnley vs Watford FC

2022-02-05T19:00+01:00

Burnley

Doubtful: Maxwel Cornet (10/6 f, top scorer), Charlie Taylor (16/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Johann Berg Gudmundsson (18/0 m, illness), Ashley Barnes (8/0 f)

Suspended: Josh Brownhill (16/0 m)

Watford FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Ismaïla Sarr (12/5 f, 2nd top scorer, national selection), Peter Etebo (6/0 m), Nicolas Nkoulou (3/0 d), Kwadwo Baah (0/0 f)

Suspended: Emmanuel Dennis (19/8 f, top scorer)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Burnley
7 home games
Watford FC
9 away games
1.1 Goals scored per game 1.3
1.1 Goals conceded per game 1.7
29% Clean sheets 0%
57% Team scored 56%
29% Team scored twice 33%
14% Scored in both halves 33%
43% Goal in both halves 44%

Burnley vs Manchester United

Burnley
They rank in the bottom of League table. They have got only one victory this season so far, which was from the newly-promote, Brentford. It seems to be impossible for them to avoid relegation.

Manchester United
Instead, they are in high morale as they get a 1-0 clean sheet from West Ham United in last game. Now they are the fourth in the table of the League. But the gap between them and the seventh is so narrow that they must try their best to stay the lead.

Verdict:
Man Utd take the upper hand over Burnley in everything even if Burnley have home advantage. What’s more, Man Utd got a winning streak from Burnley in the past. There is no doubt that Manchester United will win in the coming game.

Burnley vs Manchester United
1X2 Pick: 2

Manchester City vs Brentford Preview

Manchester City
They are sitting in the first place in the table of the League with nine points lead. They have been unbeaten for ten matches. The last defeat they have got was in December, which was from RB Leipzig in UEFA Champions League.

Brentford
They are the newly-promoted this season. They are in poor state now, suffering a five-match losing streak. They rank the fourteenth in League table now. It takes time for them to adjust themselves.

Manchester City vs Brentford
1X2 Pick: 1

Newcastle United vs Everton

Newcastle United will be looking for another victory after the 1:0 triumph over Leeds United in the Premier League latest round. The hosts sit in the relegation zone, but they are just a point behind Norwich. However, it is a rarity lately that Newcastle United failed to concede goals. In fact, Newcastle United has been unable to prevent their opponents from scoring in five of their previous six matches, conceding ten away goals. Nevertheless, the Magpies haven't tasted a defeat three times in a row, which raises the optimism in the squad. Isaac Hayden (Knee Surgery), Joelinton (Groin Injury), Jamaal Lascelles (Hamstring Injury), Federico Fernández (Thigh Problems), and Callum Wilson (Calf Injury) are not available for Newcastle United manager Eddie Howe.

Everton will enter the match after beating Brentford 4:1 in their latest game in the FA Cup. However, their Premier League form has been terrible lately. The Toffees remained undefeated just once on the previous five occasions. As a result, they slipped to 16th place, being just four points ahead of their next opponents. Statistics do not lie, Everton have scored in each of their last six matches, but their opponents have scored a total of 10 goals. Everton obviously has severe defensive problems. However, Everton appointed Frank Lampard as a coach and signed two important players, Van De Beek and Dele Alli, to help them in the relegation battle. Due to a mostly healthy squad, there's just one fitness problem for the Everton gaffer Frank Lampard to be concerned with. Fabian Delph (Unknown Injury) won't be in action.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction                                                                            

Neither team has been impressive lately, and it will be a tough battle. Newcastle booked just one win at home, while Everton lost in six of its ten outings this season. We think a draw might be the fairest outcome in this match, and we'll go for it.

Goals Market Prediction

BTTS Yes cashes in five of their previous six head-to-head clashes, and we might see a similar scenario on Tuesday evening. Both teams have defensive issues, and we doubt they'll manage to keep the clean sheet.

Draw @ 3.45

BTTS Yes @ 1.70

Correct score 1:1 @ 6.50

There is no doubt (sorry, couldn’t resist) that Man City are overwhelming favourites to get most corners in their game at home to Brentford tomorrow but I can’t help thinking there might be a touch of value in 365’s prices for Brentford to get the first or last corner.  I’ve had 10 points each on Brentford 1st corner and last corner at 9/2.

Looking at the midpoint of the spreads, Brentford are in for 2.35 out of 10.95 corners or 21.46%. If we ignore the remote chance of their being no corners in the game that implies odds of 4.66 for any given corner. Taking the extremes (lowest estimate for Brentford and highest for the game) you can get odds as high as 5.14. It’s 7/2 or shorter elsewhere and that’s about as high as I’d go if laying it. 

9 hours ago, U.K. TennisGirl said:

You say ‘There is no doubt that Manchester United will win.’ 

That isn’t how sport, and in particular football, works though, is it? If the outcome of the match was known beforehand, they wouldn’t bother playing the match.

There may be some sporting fixtures which are close to dead-certainties, and for which you could get away with that turn of phrase. Burnley at home to Manchester United is definitely not one of them!

I'm surprised with how bad Manutd played. It was an awful match.

Wolves vs Arsenal

Wolves
Bruno Lages side were knocked out of the FA Cup by Norwich City 0-1 at the weekend. This defeat ended their four consecutive victories in all games. They have won the last three league games - a winning streak that established them in eighth place. Rock solid defense is the main catalyst for Wolves success for having conceded only 16 goals so far this season.

Arsenal
The Gunners have not played since their league draw with Burnley last time out - which has left them five winless games without goals during the international day. Arsenal currently rank sixth in the table and close to Manchester United - only two points higher than Wolves.

Prediction
If Arsenal perform as badly as against Burnley before the international match day, the fans may not get their money here. Coupled with Wolves tenacious defense and their home advantage, I support that they can be unbeaten in this game.

1X2 Pick: 1X
Final Result: 1-1, 2-1

Manchester City vs Brentford

The Premier League midweek action continues on Wednesday night with a number of fixtures. The first of those is a 7:45pm GMT kick-off between league leaders Manchester City and an out-of-form mid-table Brentford at the Etihad Stadium. It seems that all the bookies are heavily favouring the home side but is there a sting in the tail of the away team who need a win desperately to avoid freefalling.

Manchester City saw their 12-game winning run ended by Southampton in a 1-1 draw in their last outing but the Citizens remain top of the league table and 9 points clear of 2nd placed Liverpool, albeit having played a game more. Pep Guardiola has had to deal with some intrusive questions from the media about the behaviour of Jack Grealish on a recent night out. City have not dropped points in back-to-back league games since December 2020. There is also an importance on them scoring the first goal because in the past 19 times when that has happened they have gone on to win the game. Playing on a Wednesday also appears to be a good omen for the team with them having won the last 17 league games played on this night.

Brentford had started their league campaign in the top flight well but it's been a bit of a struggle recently with Thomas Frank's side losing 6 of their last 7 league matches. The Bees are down in 14th position now and just 7 points above the relegation zone having played a game more than a number of teams below them. It's now 5 defeats in a row for Brentford across all competitions with 16 goals conceded. The signing of Christian Eriksen on a free might have been pleasing for the fans but it does little to address the defensive issues. A loss here will see Brentford concede 5 straight league games for the first time since 2007 when they were competing in League Two. Away form continues to be a problem for Brentford with the team taking just 2 points from their last 7 away league games.

Everything is pointing towards an easy home win and I have to back that as well. Brentford are in serious trouble if they don't arrest this poor form. Eriksen is unlikely to be ready to play for a number of weeks but I don't think even he can help them much right now. Defensive frailties need sorting and I have a feeling they could be utterly exposed here. Manchester City should win this comfortably.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 1.50 with Bet365

Manchester City -2 @ 2.03 with Sporting Index

Aston Villa vs Leeds

It's a mid-table clash in the Premier League on Wednesday night at 8pm GMT when Aston Villa and Leeds go toe-to-toe at Villa Park. Both teams will feel they could and perhaps should be doing better this season but the panic stations won't be sounding just yet. The home team are moving in the right direction and the issues with the away side appear to be well-stated so a win here could give either side the morale boost they want.

Aston Villa currently sit in 11th place and with just 2 draws all season it's a "do or die" attitude from the team this season. Steve Gerrard has worked his magic during the transfer window to bring in the signings of Philippe Coutinho, Lucas Digne, and Calum Chambers. Can these additions improve the team's form with the club only having won 1 of their last 4 league games. It's 16 points earned from their 10 league games under Gerrard. Villa remain just one of three teams, along with Liverpool and West Ham, to have scored in every one of their home league games this season. However, they have won just 3 of their last 15 league meetings with Leeds so that will be playing on their minds.

Leeds are still without star striker Patrick Bamford and you get the impression that it continues to be an absence that the club suffers from. Marcelo Bielsa's men are in 15th place and 6 points above the drop zone but do boast a game in hand on the teams around them. The Whites saw back-to-back wins over Burnley and West Ham halted by a disappointing loss to Newcastle. That has made it 4 losses from their last 6 league games. Defensively, it appears things are improving though with the club only conceding 1 goal from open play in the league during 2022. However, they have conceded 20 goals in their last 7 league games so can this defensive improvement continue or is it temporary?

It was Leeds who prevailed as 3-0 winners at Villa Park on their last visit to this stadium and they have the opportunity to win here three times in a row for the first time in their history. I do think that Aston Villa are onto a good thing with Gerrard at the helm and until Leeds get Bamford back they'll continue to struggle with a lack of consistency. I'm torn between a draw and a home win but I think Villa could just sneak it.

Aston Villa to Win @ 1.91 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.67 with Novibet

On 2/8/2022 at 9:22 PM, harry_rag said:

Man City are overwhelming favourites to get most corners in their game at home to Brentford tomorrow but I can’t help thinking there might be a touch of value in 365’s prices for Brentford to get the first or last corner.  I’ve had 10 points each on Brentford 1st corner and last corner at 9/2.

Brentford gained 3 corners to City’s 9 but, fortunately for me, that included the last 2 corners of the game. Might be a market worth a quick look at in a lot of City games where they’re strong favourites.

Quick look at the Liverpool v Leicester game in terms of the first/last corner prices and 365 are again best price about the underdogs but only at 3/1 today.

I get the true price for Leicester as 4.16 and the "pessimistic" price as 4.71 so that would be no bet. For Liverpool I get 1.315 and 1.395 so the best price of 4/11 I've seen so far is somewhere in the middle. There could be a case for backing Liverpool at that price but I'll be looking at the stats and for slightly better odds if possible.