Announcements
** April Poker League Result : 1st Rhino_Power, 2nd muttley, =3rd Elliott Sutcliffe & Rav **
** Congratulations to Skittle who wins £50 in the Last Man Standing Consolation Competition **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Soi Bongkot, 2nd Power900, 3rd Gazza's United, 4th Trotter, 5th Rainbow **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st PercyP, 2nd daisychain, 3rd Costello, 4th silver fox. KO Cup Winner Kingdom for. Most Winners bymatrix: **

Racing chat - Sunday 16th January

Wildgarden

I haven't made any of my own selections in ages, so here goes....

12.25 - Southwell - Deluxe Music - 2.88 - to place.
12.55 - Southwell - Lenny's Spirit - 2.3 - to place.
14.30 - Southwell - Abnaa - 5.24 - to win.
14.30 - Southwell - Light Lilly - 2.87 - to place.
15.30 - Southwell - Kiritimati Island - 2.68 - to win.
16.00 - Southwell - Asadjumeirah - 2.06 - to place.
16.00 - Southwell - Aramis Grey - 2.7 - to place.

Edited by alexcaruso808

My Trixie today is:

12.25 Sou La Hulotte 2/1

2.40 Kel Word Has It 10/3

3.10 Kel Mister Whittaker 9/4

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 79.08 points

Singles:

1.05 Kel Deep Charm 1 pt win at 4/1 and Uptown Harry 1 pt win at 5/1

2.10 Kel Believe Jack 2 pts win at 4.1. The market expects Soft Risk to win but it does carry a double penalty)

3.00 Sou Imperial Mountain 1 pt win at 3/1 and Mojomaker 2 pts win at 5.1 (um 4.8)

4.00 sou Equitation 1 pt win at 13/2 There has been money for this one and David Probert rides.

Total stakes today = 13 points

I can't seem to find a Nap today and to put up Believe Jack against a 1/2 shot looks risky to say the least

Good luck to all you brave punters out there today

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mojomaker backed into 3.50. I have cancelled the bet so now only 11 points staked today

3.10 Kel Mister Whittaker 2 pts win at 3.80 = poss return 7.49

Now 13 pts staked today

Edited by The Equaliser
update

2 minutes ago, Budgie 65 said:

I'll look u have had sum nice winners percentage good as well good luck I'm watching now

i also.watch the price movements to help me in the day so it all forms what comes good. id post more but i dont want to incase i could have any my account compromised u never know.

Edited by Wildgarden

5 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I haven't made any of my own selections in ages, so here goes....

12.25 - Southwell - Deluxe Music - 2.88 - to place. **4th**
12.55 - Southwell - Lenny's Spirit - 2.3 - to place. **4th**
14.30 - Southwell - Abnaa - 5.24 - to win. **5th**
14.30 - Southwell - Light Lilly - 2.87 - to place. **1st** 
15.30 - Southwell - Kiritimati Island - 2.68 - to win.  **3rd**
16.00 - Southwell - Asadjumeirah - 2.06 - to place.  **4th**
16.00 - Southwell - Aramis Grey - 2.7 - to place. **3rd**

Not a great day for my own picks, thankfully following some picks on here has meant I didn't loose too much.

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

12.25 Sou La Hulotte 2/1

2.40 Kel Word Has It 10/3

3.10 Kel Mister Whittaker 9/4

1 x 4 pt win Trixie = poss return of 79.08 points

Singles:

1.05 Kel Deep Charm 1 pt win at 4/1 and Uptown Harry 1 pt win at 5/1

2.10 Kel Believe Jack 2 pts win at 4.1. The market expects Soft Risk to win but it does carry a double penalty)

3.00 Sou Imperial Mountain 1 pt win at 3/1 and Mojomaker 2 pts win at 5.1 (um 4.8)

4.00 sou Equitation 1 pt win at 13/2 There has been money for this one and David Probert rides.

Total stakes today = 13 points

I can't seem to find a Nap today and to put up Believe Jack against a 1/2 shot looks risky to say the least

Good luck to all you brave punters out there today

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mojomaker backed into 3.50. I have cancelled the bet so now only 11 points staked today

3.10 Kel Mister Whittaker 2 pts win at 3.80 = poss return 7.49

Now 13 pts staked today

RESULTS UPDATE

Just 1 winner today at 3/1.  My stakes were in fact 12 pts and not 13. Hence my loss today was 8 points.  This makes my accum loss MTD/YTD -56.56.  I have started to do what @Zilzaliansuggested in one of his posts and that is to look back at the races where I picked a loser and checked to see where I went wrong.  Many thanks to him and very revealing.  For example I was persuaded that that La Hulotte was 8lbs off better with Lower Street for half a length beating and although it was its Tapeta debut I backed it which I don't usually do.  Obviously what I didn't allow for was the improvement that Lower Street had made from its last race.  It looks to me that La Hulotte just didn't like the surface or something was amiss with the horse as it was beaten 18 lengths! Also, I followed through on my 3rd leg of the Trixie with a singles bet on Mister Whittaker mainly because Donald McCaine's horses are in fine fettle and that Brian Hughes was aboard.  Looking back, Big River had to be the better bet at Kelso with its excellent record around there.  We live and learn.

We have three UK meetings tomorrow and 3 class 3 races.  There is a class 2 race at Wolves but Rainbow Dreamer is almost 1/2 which doesn't inspire me at all.  the rest are class 4 races and there aren't too many of them either.