** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2022 Golf Tips

Xtc12

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Torque said:

Just passing by... You've got a great thread here. Everyone is friendly as well as knowledgeable. Don't take that for granted - I'm usually in the tennis forum and that's feral. If it wasn't for the fact it wouldn't make sense, I'd rather post my tennis picks here.

Cheers for the kind words. Way I see it,   you can't control the outcome of a sporting event, but you can control your own feelings, thoughts and reactions to it so I just choose to embrace team spirit and goodwill to all who post whatever the outcome of the sporting event may be.

Thinking out aloud, maybe with golf being a tougher betting medium (in my humble opinion), it might make people being a bit more naturally patient possibly?

From my short exploration so far in the tennis betting world, I definitely feel a higher expectation of myself in getting the result right because in over simplified terms it is at its basic level a two runner race. So rightly or wrongly it can ramp up one's own self expectation and therefore expectations in others.

But for me ultimately, whatever the sport and whatever the outcome win lose or draw I'm grateful for all posters in sharing their thoughts and feelings on their respective sporting bets.

44 minutes ago, MinellaWorksop said:

Cheers for the kind words. Way I see it,   you can't control the outcome of a sporting event, but you can control your own feelings, thoughts and reactions to it so I just choose to embrace team spirit and goodwill to all who post whatever the outcome of the sporting event may be.

But for me ultimately, whatever the sport and whatever the outcome win lose or draw I'm grateful for all posters in sharing their thoughts and feelings on their respective sporting bets.

A refreshing attitude. It shouldn't be, but it is.

Fantasy Golf squad this week is once again me coat tailing the tipsters of the Sporting Life and Racing Post.

Will post the squad here as with all due respect to the Wyndham Championships, it just didn't quite justify its own thread as once again the field strength is not the strongest as the elite players save themselves for the start of The Fedex Cup playoffs which begin next week.

Squad:

Si Woo Kim

Sungjae Im

Kevin Kisner

Davis Riley

Christiaan Bezuidenhout

Adam Svensson

• 3 weeks later...

Italian Open some strong players but a few outsiders could be there, I've went with an Italian as I think a home boy could come up trumps but if any of the top guys put their serious cap on may not matter.

All freebies bar Migliozzi.

Main bet win on M.Fitzpatrick 9/1

V.Hovland win 9/1

M.w. Lee ew 40/1 (7)

G.Migliozzi ew 80/1

Good luck all.

1 hour ago, fd1972uk said:

My luck fitzpatrick looks like he's blown it in last day, meh. Blaming a cameraman for a click on the playoff.

Macintyre has had a good day though so looked a cert in the playoff.

Pity.

Mcilroy and now fitzpatrick in last week's, meh.

Hard lines mate. It's a good sign that your selections are regurlarly in contention though. The winners will come come along soon enough.

I backed Fitzpatrick ahead of the final round and after he couldn't buy a putt on the way out I'd written him off at that point. Was surprised to see he'd made a play-off but as you say @fd1972uk Macintyre had all the momentum after a great round. 

It's always annoying to get so close to a win, but like @MinellaWorksop said if you keep putting on good bets then the wins will eventually come.

• 3 weeks later...