** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Dec 28th - 30th

Brentford FC vs Manchester City

2021-12-29T21:15+01:00

Brentford FC

Doubtful: Bryan Mbeumo (16/3 f, probably out), Rico Henry (16/2 d), Mads Roerslev Rasmussen (7/0 d, Covid-19)

Out (injuries/other): Vitaly Janelt (13/1 m, Covid-19), Kristoffer Ajer (7/0 d), Mathias Jorgensen (7/1 d), David Raya (9/0 first goalkeeper), Charlie Goode (6/0 d), Joshua Dasilva (0/0 f), Julian Jeanvier (0/0 d)

Suspended: Christian Norgaard (17/1 m)

Manchester City

Doubtful: John Stones (6/1 d)

Out (injuries/other): Rodri (16/2 m, Covid-19), Kyle Walker (12/0 d, illness), Ferran Torres (4/2 f, left the club), Liam Delap (0/0 f)

Suspended: Benjamin Mendy (1/0 d, suspended by club)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Brentford FC
8 home games
Manchester City
9 away games
1.3 Goals scored per game 2.2
1.3 Goals conceded per game 0.7
25% Clean sheets 44%
75% Team scored 89%
38% Team scored twice 78%
25% Scored in both halves 33%
63% Goal in both halves 44%

Brentford vs Manchester City

Kick Off: 12/29/2021 16:15

Brentford

Brentford are languishing 13th in the table with 20 points from 17 games and just one win in their last four outings. They were winless in nine of their past twelve matches, and seven of these were losses. The Bees went down 2-0 to Brighton Hove Albion at the weekend. Before that, they suffered another 2-0 defeat to Chelsea in England League Cup. Brentford have conceded two or more goals in seven of their past nine games. 

Manchester City

Manchester City are breathing fire at the moment, winning each of their last nine league games to open up a six-point lead at the top of the table. The Man City have struck a staggering 17 times in their last three games alone. This included a 7-0 drubbing of Leeds United and recently a 6-3 vanquish of Leicester City. Manchester City have scored the most number of goals in the competition, and have conceded the least as well. 

Prediction

Brentford's impressive start to the Premier League season is fading away following their inconsistent run in the last few games. Manchester City are currently on a rampage, decimating every opposition in their way. Expect a compelling win for Manchester City this Wednesday. 

Manchester City to Win with AH -2

Final Score: 0-3

Manchester United vs Burnley

Kick Off: 12/30/2021 16:15

Manchester United

The Red Devils drew 1-1 with the struggling Newcastle United in the league on Monday night. The previous two matches against Brentford and Brighton were postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. They have now got 7 points in three league games under the leadership of Rangnick - currently seventh in the table, seven points behind fourth-placed Arsenal but with two games in hand on the Gunners.

Burnley

Burnley have not played since their 0-0 draw with West Ham on December 12. Their last three games against Watford, Villa and Everton were all postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak. The team currently rank 18th and they are only 2 points behind 17th  Watford. Burnley have won only one of 15 league matches this season but have only been defeated 6 times.

Prediction

Manchester United's poor performance against Newcastle may reappear here against Burnley, but the Red Devils will desperately want to return to victory. Burnley have been preparing for a long time, but this may eventually become a disadvantage. We expect Rangnick's men to take all three points.

Manchester United to win in -1/-1.5 AH

Final Results: 2-0, 3-1

Again sitting with a ridiculous decision. Have brentford to lose to Man City tonight and then Man United to beat Burnley as last two legs of a 10 legged bet.

I think I have to take the money and cashout or maybe give the Brentford game 20 minutes. 

Dolan, Brendon vs Rydz, Callan
Two way - 2WON2.09
Manchester United vs Burnley FC
3-Way Odds (1X2) - 11.33
Brentford FC vs Manchester City
3-Way Odds (1X2) - 21.18
Manchester City vs Leicester City
3-Way Odds (1X2) - 1WON1.19
Liverpool FC vs Leeds United
3-Way Odds (1X2) - 1WON1.13
Cross, Rob vs Van Barneveld, Raymond
Two way - 1WON1.57
Clemens, Gabriel vs Williams, Lewis
Two way - 1WON1.53
Noppert, Danny vs Heaver, Jason
Two way - 1WON1.25
de Sousa, Jose vs Lowe, Jason
Two way - 1WON1.32
Suljovic, Mensur vs Soutar, Alan
Two way - 2WON2.07
Stake
Max. Payout
Cashout 3913.91

Just a lot of money floating around. Man United scare me a lot. Maybe give the Man CIty game 20 minutes, and hopefully they start like their last game against Leicester..

I'm quite liking some of the double chance odds floating around. 
Crystal Palace v West Ham. The away DC ie X2 is priced at 1.35  . Simply no way West Ham lose to Palace, especially with Zaha suspended.
Everton v Brighton the home DC 1X is 1.43  
Leeds v Burnley is 1.33 for the home Double chance.

I do think that Chelsea beat Brighton tonight. Brighton just cant score.

3 minutes ago, neilovan said:

Just a lot of money floating around. Man United scare me a lot. Maybe give the Man CIty game 20 minutes, and hopefully they start like their last game against Leicester..

Not the best person to give advice on this (rarely back any accas, never with so many legs, hardly ever close out a bet once placed) but I'd trust City to get the job done whilst being slightly nervous about United given the current vibes being given off. So don't even watch the City game, just revisit you cashout tomorrow! :ok

2 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Not the best person to give advice on this (rarely back any accas, never with so many legs, hardly ever close out a bet once placed) but I'd trust City to get the job done whilst being slightly nervous about United given the current vibes being given off. So don't even watch the City game, just revisit you cashout tomorrow! :ok

City just seem to have too much quality. They also have two of the best midfielders in de Bryne and Bernado Silva. WIth de Bryne finding his match fitness I think they are way to good for Brentford. I think I'll leave this one, and cash out before the United game. I just don't know what's going on with United. They looked so good in first match under Rangnick, but really seem to struggle with bottom dwellers that sit in and defend with shape. They were simply clueless against Newcastle, and another display like that at home, will have the crowd on their back's in 25 minutes.

System bet on the anytime at what strike me as generous odds (would've taken the 13/10 best bookies odds). I've had 5 points on him scoring 2 or more at 9/1 with Uni (special "boost" offer). My "true" odds based on the spread prices are 11/10 anytime and 13/2 the brace at most.

Pretty much talked myself out of betting on the brace anymore after studying the data but, as the market was on my mind, had a look at tonight's games. Prices appeal and am thinking of it as an "extra mince pie" style indulgence.

Brentford vs. ManCity

Brentford
In the last 6 league games in England, Brentford have lost 2 times with 2 draws and 2 defeats.
In early December, a coronavirus outbreak began in the team, due to which the Premier League matches with Manchester United and Southampton were postponed.
In recent matches, the Bees lost at home in the League Cup quarter-finals to Chelsea (0-2), and then in the Premier League lost to Brighton 0-2 away.
After 17 Premier League matches, Thomas Frank's charges are in 13th place with 20 points. Goal difference 21-24, Ivan Toney scored 4 goals. Nergor, Mbeumo, Henry, Janelt, Raya, Ayder, Zanka and Good will not play.

Manchester City
While Liverpool missed their Matchday 19 match, Josep Guardiola's men solidified their lead and were six points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea.
In early December, the Manchester team defeated Wolverhampton (1-0) at home and destroyed Leeds (7-0).
In recent matches, City defeated Newcastle 4-0 away and fought Leicester in a 6-3 shootout.
After 19 rounds, Man City is in the lead with 47 points. The goal difference is 50-12, Raheem Sterling scored 7 goals. Hernandez, Walker and Stones will not play.

Best odds today - ManCity win + total over 3.5

Edited by BillyDuke1989
Mistake

On 12/29/2021 at 8:26 PM, Charon84 said:

Cash-out/hedging is not particuly profitable in long run.  But...200 -> almost 4k is huge...that said; I would wait till after City game. Can't imagine they'll let you down. United game is whole different with injuries and stuff.

I did cover some on the double chance but take a bath if United don't win

Manchester United vs Burnley FC
Double Chance - X23.27
Stake
Max. Payout
Cashout 812.01

Would win 1816 if they don't win ? and 5400  if they do win. Hmmm

I think United may actually show up and play tonight. I would love to see Lingaard  and van de Beek in the midfield, either with Fred or McTominay.  I simply don't understand why Fred/McTominay are automatic starters. They have done nothing that guarantees a start every game. I like Jesse Lingaard and his high energy play. Never let United down, and an underrated finisher.

For me it's fine that Fernandes is out. He has looked flat and ineffective for quite a few games.  Crying like a baby every time he gets bumped or pushed. So far away from the player of last season. No loss there.

A back 4:  of Shaw, Varane, Maguire/Bailly and Wan Bissaka. Can't really drop Maguire because then you look like clowns for buying him in the first place.

Midfield:  van de Beek, Lingaard, McTominay, Greenwood,

Upfront:  Sancho and Ronaldo/Cavani 

Seriously, it is a lousy Burnley side that could be heading for relegation. 

Let Ronaldo play for 60 minutes and use Cavani as an impact sub, and do similar with Rashford. 

Have a strange feeling that things click for United today.

Edited by neilovan