** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - February 7 - February 13

I’m not sure how he will possibly win with such weak shots. Serves help him not… there is no big difference between the games when he serves and when he receives. Most taken points are just the unforced errors of Cerundolo.

It’s a shame that i’ve put money on him :(

6 hours ago, vvararu said:

I’m not sure how he will possibly win with such weak shots. Serves help him not… there is no big difference between the games when he serves and when he receives. Most taken points are just the unforced errors of Cerundolo.

It’s a shame that i’ve put money on him :(

I haven't bet on him since a good while, especialy after I dodged a bullet when I wanted to take him to beat o'connell in AO this year .

I'm definetly gonna go with alliassime taking a set off rublev in rotterdam . Rublev is one of my favorite players but I still don t see him at being at his top level, alliassime looks more confident , focused , he returns and defends better than rublev(IMO), Of course felix could also commit 100 UE's but this is not a final, so he shouldn't.

It seems that Rublov is slowly finding his form,he likes the conditions in Rotterdam,but i feel he was not tested yet here..Felix to me looking better form the start of the season..but his game stil has ups and downs..for example his serve is very efficient,but in the same time he can produce double faults even when he serving for the match..

Bottom line - for me this is much more closer match then the odds suggesting it..it's more 50/50..so with these odds i'll give a try with FAA to beat Rublev @2.30 with a smaller units..

5 hours ago, DrO said:

It seems that Rublov is slowly finding his form,he likes the conditions in Rotterdam,but i feel he was not tested yet here..Felix to me looking better form the start of the season..but his game stil has ups and downs..for example his serve is very efficient,but in the same time he can produce double faults even when he serving for the match..

Bottom line - for me this is much more closer match then the odds suggesting it..it's more 50/50..so with these odds i'll give a try with FAA to beat Rublev @2.30 with a smaller units..

totaly agree...I ve watched rublev closely for a good while  and he's 100% not at his best level now..but hey it's tennis , sometimes a player can have a realy off day. But auger looks realy focused to me.

Edited by raduvlad1995

5 hours ago, DrO said:

Not gonna be close whatsoever, FAA 2-0 easily..

For me the most impressive display of the day was Konteveit finally getting it together against Ostapenko. Was 3 -0 down first set and landed up winning it 6-3.  Not easy to roll off 6 straight games against a decent opponent. Power hitting! Then solid enough to take the 2nd 6-4.

She has had 3 excellent wins against in form and good players (Cirstea, Bencic and Ostapenko), after a shaky start against Teichmann (first round). Now faces Sakkari in the final, last meeting Konteveit won 6-1 3-6 6-3, which is a demolition. First set is a statement!

Still undecided but if going for Konteveit,  I would be choosing Konteveit on the -3.5 game handicap, over Konteveit straight win (odds of 1.9 instead of 1.5). She is so streaky, but if she plays near her best for 40 minutes it's game over in a big way.

Edited by neilovan

23 minutes ago, neilovan said:

For me the most impressive display of the day was Konteveit finally getting it together against Ostapenko. Was 3 -0 down first set and landed up winning it 6-3.  Not easy to roll off 6 straight games against a decent opponent. Power hitting! Then solid enough to take the 2nd 6-4.

She has had 3 excellent wins against in form and good players (Cirstea, Bencic and Ostapenko), after a shaky start against Teichmann (first round). Now faces Sakkari in the final, last meeting Konteveit won 6-1 3-6 6-3, which is a demolition. First set is a statement!

Still undecided but if going for Konteveit,  I would be choosing Konteveit on the -3.5 game handicap, over Konteveit straight win (odds of 1.9 instead of 1.5). She is so streaky, but if she plays near her best for 40 minutes it's game over in a big way.

Why would it be over if she plays near her best? It's more likely she plays her best. However 18 straight indoors are the first on WTA tour since Henin 2010 and it will be 19 tomorrow most likely to clinch the record.

4 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Why would it be over if she plays near her best? It's more likely she plays her best. However 18 straight indoors are the first on WTA tour since Henin 2010 and it will be 19 tomorrow most likely to clinch the record.

My feeling is she has not played as well this year as last year. Maybe trying to push/take the game to the next level, but something has not been working. I didn't know the indoor record but perfect conditions like that definitely favor the better striker.

24 minutes ago, Torque said:

Rublev has to do something about his second serve otherwise he's hit as far as I can see. Right now if he has to play a second serve it's more likely he loses the point than wins it.

he's still not at his best ,groundstrokes wise while felix plays as good as I ve ever seen him. Also andrey ain't great at coming back from behind, more of a frontrunner.

4 minutes ago, raduvlad1995 said:

he's still not at his best ,groundstrokes wise while felix plays as good as I ve ever seen him. Also andrey ain't great at coming back from behind, more of a frontrunner.

Agree. A flat track bully also. Not my favourite player at all.

43 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

John or Riley? Who you got?

when i saw 25.5 games line this was a banker, but my bookie offered only 26.5 which is automatically line to not play as you need 3 sets :D also in play offer was bad (TB only @1.40). Opelka looks better in long points, but he also had some lucky shots in TB of set 1. Let see how second one finishes. I˝m rather watching Sonego:Schwartzman, Italian made great comeback!

1 hour ago, mark22 said:

when i saw 25.5 games line this was a banker, but my bookie offered only 26.5 which is automatically line to not play as you need 3 sets :D also in play offer was bad (TB only @1.40). Opelka looks better in long points, but he also had some lucky shots in TB of set 1. Let see how second one finishes. I˝m rather watching Sonego:Schwartzman, Italian made great comeback!

Well I'm happy I invested in Riley Opelka. He prevailed in two long, grueling sets. He's a nice dude ?

man both the finals that I m interested in today are nightmares..I think ruud is better right now than schwartzman but he has a loosing h2h against diego and has to face the home crowd fave and alliassime-tistsipas you have a guy that flops hard in finals and a guy that flops hard in atp 500 finals..Might stay out of these matches today, any opinions on how these matches are gonna go ? It's so frustrating cause if felix would bring his usual level from rotterdam this year, there's no doubt that he beats tsitsipas (with the curent tsitsipas level of tennis) but he actualy wins about 44% of points in finals compared to about 52% career average.

Edited by raduvlad1995

1 hour ago, raduvlad1995 said:

man both the finals that I m interested in today are nightmares..I think ruud is better right now than schwartzman but he has a loosing h2h against diego and has to face the home crowd fave and alliassime-tistsipas you have a guy that flops hard in finals and a guy that flops hard in atp 500 finals..Might stay out of these matches today, any opinions on how these matches are gonna go ? It's so frustrating cause if felix would bring his usual level from rotterdam this year, there's no doubt that he beats tsitsipas (with the curent tsitsipas level of tennis) but he actualy wins about 44% of points in finals compared to about 52% career average.

Why bet on those finals? There's plenty of other matches to bet on. Why feel so obligated to bet on two finals with uncertain outcomes?

13 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Why bet on those finals? There's plenty of other matches to bet on. Why feel so obligated to bet on two finals with uncertain outcomes?

Oh I won't most likely, just wanted to see knowledgeable people's opinions. Also I don t know of any other tourneys going on right now(I don t bet on challengers or atp qualifiers just main draws).

25 minutes ago, raduvlad1995 said:

Oh I won't most likely, just wanted to see knowledgeable people's opinions. Also I don t know of any other tourneys going on right now(I don t bet on challengers or atp qualifiers just main draws).

Well you have Brenda Fruhvirtova in her second straight final v the same opponent in Tucuman, Argentina as she's facing Paula Ormachea again later tonight. You've got the mens icehockey in the olympics later as USA is facing Germany and will most likely roll over the germans pretty easily by at least 3 goals. You've got the St. Petersburg WTA final where I belive the estonian wins again to clinch the indoors record of 19 straight wins.

10 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Well I'm happy I invested in Riley Opelka. He prevailed in two long, grueling sets. He's a nice dude ?

Opelka is much faster than Isner, had better backhand and almost 45% ace rate! This is insane.. Isner had his chances in TB, but lost it by stupid mistakes, which Opelka didn't do. So for me completely deserved win for younger American.

Now I watched also Brooksby highlights, he played for almost 3 hours, saving MP.. he got it in the end. Now he has much less recovery time than Opelka. He beat him in Antwerp (simillar conditions), where Opelka didn't have single BP. I think the same can happen to Brooksby today, Opelka should get more aces here. Brooksby plays good against tall players. Hard to predict, but i would say over 25.5 games and Opelka to win.

1 hour ago, four-leaf said:

Well you have Brenda Fruhvirtova in her second straight final v the same opponent in Tucuman, Argentina as she's facing Paula Ormachea . You've got the mens icehockey in the olympics later as USA is facing Germany and will most likely roll over the germans pretty by at least 3 . You've got the St. Petersburg WTA final where I belive the estonian wins again to clinch the indoors record of 19 straight wins.

awesome than you know so many sports..But I only watch atp(very very very rarely watch wta) and except tennis some football(soccer) , I used to watch more sports like 7-8 years ago back in highschool but nowdays I only like tennis and football.

5 hours ago, raduvlad1995 said:

Interesting stats. Had no idea about those but of course it follows he'd be winning a lot fewer points in matches that he's lost. I think like the prices suggest that it's a hard match to call. FAA with his previous finals troubles and Tsitsipas with his previous FAA troubles. As for Ruud, as long as he's able to cope with the crowd he really should be beating Diego as he's had the much smoother passage to the final. I haven't been impressed with Diego at all, except for the fight that he's shown which is a facet of his game that's always there.

1 hour ago, raduvlad1995 said:

awesome than you know so many sports..But I only watch atp(very very very rarely watch wta) and except tennis some football(soccer) , I used to watch more sports like 7-8 years ago back in highschool but nowdays I only like tennis and football.

Tennis is a far easier sport to bet on, because there are only two outcomes. The problem with football is it is too difficult to score goals. With a little luck, a really inferior team can find a draw or fluke a win. If scores were similar say, to ice hockey, (7-4, 6-2 etc) it would be way easier.

2 hours ago, mark22 said:

Opelka is much faster than Isner, had better backhand and almost 45% ace rate! This is insane.. Isner had his chances in TB, but lost it by stupid mistakes, which Opelka didn't do. So for me completely deserved win for younger American.

Now I watched also Brooksby highlights, he played for almost 3 hours, saving MP.. he got it in the end. Now he has much less recovery time than Opelka. He beat him in Antwerp (simillar conditions), where Opelka didn't have single BP. I think the same can happen to Brooksby today, Opelka should get more aces here. Brooksby plays good against tall players. Hard to predict, but i would say over 25.5 games and Opelka to win.

I'd rather be on Opelka as well. Brooksby has really laboured up to this point. Opelka's massive serve gets him so many cheap points and easy holds which means Brooksby is going to be under pressure all the time to hold his serve. Even though Opelka is pretty limited on return he'll have chances against Brooksby, who doesn't have a great second serve and Brooksby will know that if he's broken that's likely to be the set or the match.

1 hour ago, neilovan said:

Tennis is a far easier sport to bet on, because there are only two outcomes. The problem with football is it is too difficult to score goals. With a little luck, a really inferior team can find a draw or fluke a win. If scores were similar say, to ice hockey, (7-4, 6-2 etc) it would be way easier.

Different (ground) strokes for different folks perhaps?

Re tennis being easier and only having two outcomes, what's all these game and set handicap bets I see on here? ;) Lots of ways to bet on the sport I think.

Re football, you're betting on the wrong markets. Plenty to go at away from the obvious, corners, cards, goalscorers. I hardly ever bet on the simple match outcome.