** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - February 7 - February 13

• 1 month later...

Camila Giorgi to beat Ekaterina Alexandrova at 1.83 with BetVictor

Enough time has passed since the Australian Open for both to be ready and I just don't trust Alexandrova at the moment. She should be hopefully better now indoors and in Russia, but she was absolutely awful in Australia, I saw two of her matches and she was seriously at the ITF level instead of at the WTA one. Bad misses, lacklustre serves. Given that, I think 1.83 offers a bit of value for Giorgi. Due to the situational factors, though, I wouldn't be happy to take this below 1.70. 

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Camila Giorgi to beat Ekaterina Alexandrova at 1.83 with BetVictor

Enough time has passed since the Australian Open for both to be ready and I just don't trust Alexandrova at the moment. She should be hopefully better now indoors and in Russia, but she was absolutely awful in Australia, I saw two of her matches and she was seriously at the ITF level instead of at the WTA one. Bad misses, lacklustre serves. Given that, I think 1.83 offers a bit of value for Giorgi. Due to the situational factors, though, I wouldn't be happy to take this below 1.70. 

Yep very poor in Australia. Cost me a 10 to 1 acca as well :lol

Humbert takes on Norrie in Rotterdam and I'm backing the Frenchman. Both players are in poor form, but Humbert at least has a big recent win over Medvedev to look back on and he gets his best results indoors. Norrie had a great year last year but hasn't got going at all yet this year and until he does he's not a player I can back as a favourite. 

25pts Humbert to beat Norrie @ 2.20 Victor

Yes, she has the makings of a champion for sure! At the same time, she's still so young, so you never really know. MANY things can happen, even before she makes it to the second round of a Grand Slam, much less any further.

Vera Zvonareva to beat Tereza Martincova at 1.71 with Pinnacle

Martincova played admirably in a few indoor events last year, but she's started the new season with some difficulties in Australia. She had a decent fightback against Giorgi in the second, but that's only if you go by the scoreline. I also watched a bit of Zvonareva and she gave Mertens a real scare, a few good points there and she could've even won that one. On Russian soil, I'm inclined to trust her.

8 minutes ago, AgaRadwanska said:

iirc, her sister presumably, Linda - gave Alize Cornet a really rough ride last year, and eventually won due to Alize retiring through injury. She's a similar age I believe. 

I remember that. Could be the new Williams sisters. Like @CzechPunter said though it's very early days. I'm sure there were similar sentiments about the Pliskova sisters years ago.

1 hour ago, AgaRadwanska said:

iirc, her sister presumably, Linda - gave Alize Cornet a really rough ride last year, and eventually won due to Alize retiring through injury. She's a similar age I believe. 

Wow! Thank you so very much. Didn't know anything about it.

10 hours ago, four-leaf said:

His career is quickly winding down. He even loses to Kamke these days. Clay never was his best surface. Can't see where a win over Dellien would come from.

Alright the nature of tennis is that you're always wrong when you've given up on a player like I have on Verdasco.

Edited by four-leaf

19 hours ago, Torque said:

Humbert takes on Norrie in Rotterdam and I'm backing the Frenchman. Both players are in poor form, but Humbert at least has a big recent win over Medvedev to look back on and he gets his best results indoors. Norrie had a great year last year but hasn't got going at all yet this year and until he does he's not a player I can back as a favourite. 

25pts Humbert to beat Norrie @ 2.20 Victor

Dismal serving performance from Humbert meant this one never stood a chance. You'd struggle to beat anyone on tour serving at less than 45 percent.

3 hours ago, Torque said:

I tend to leave Paire well alone these days. No result or progression of match surprises me anymore. I'm not sure I'd trust him to win if he was serving for a double bagel.

He served for the match twice today. But he's a clown and is always up to his usual antics.

Just now, four-leaf said:

He served for the match twice today. But he's a clown and is always up to his usual antics.

Exactly. And when he served for it the second time he was still 1.25 or so for the win. That's an unheard of price in Men's tennis to serve out a match and would have been driven by the market having no faith in him holding serve.