Announcements
** December Poker League Result : 1st Elliott Sutcliffe, 2nd McG, 3rd juanmoment **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Hotspur88, 2nd Bagzi, 3rd Gazza's United, 4th luckypants, 5th Craggwood **
** December Naps Competition Result: 1st mick33, 2nd Sugardaddyken, 3rd kenisbusy, 4th Johnrobertson. KO Cup Winner: Kingdom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Australian Open 2022

Vondrousova vs Sabalenka At this stage of the tournament which I believe that most of us are now well into, I am not going to bore you with providing reasons why I think any one of these women will win, rather by way of reasonable probality I will want to focus on should be deemed a good bet by the betting option that I have chosen. These two women head to head stand at 2-2. Vondrousova won the first two but it is sabalenka who has won the last two (2018 & 2021 respectively). The last victory in 2021 was a runaway victory 6-1 6-2. The question that allof us must be asking ourselves now that Sabalenka's opposition is now a considerable upgrade from the last two is this; do we now expect Sabalenka to play better or worse considering her problems with the serve in the opening two rounds. I have always been sure of the answer to that question as I have already remarked on this forum. Emphatically yes. The question now is which way do I bet amidst the host of betting options. Firstly, I cannot bring my head round the fact that Vondrousova has been made favorite considering their current rankings of 41 and 2 respectively. In my seach for the ideal bet and expecting a close match I saw on bet 365 Sabalenka total games over 12.5@6/5 and under @4/7. The problem is that there is a chance that this could be a runaway victory for Sabalenka where the under could come in despite the win. That really would be cruel. However I found what I am most certain is the ideal bet for this match on Paddy power. Sabalenka over 11.5 total games at 4/7. This covers a Sabalenka victory of any sort. On the flip side I cannot see how Vondrousova will win this if possible without Sabalenka going over 11.5games. Even making provisions for a bad service day at the office Sabalenka over 11.5games still seems the perfect bet,

Just one speculative match bet for me today and that's Daniel to beat Sinner. The win over Murray was very impressive and it was a win built on the foundation of an excellent serving display. Sinner isn't the greatest on return and if Daniel is able to serve at a high level again this could be a lot closer than expected. I'm also going back in on Barty in the outrights. She passed her first real test against Giorgi with flying colours and with Osaka going out she's faced with arguably an easier opponent in Anisimova in the next round.

5pts Daniel to beat Sinner @ 11.00 Boylesports

20pts Barty to win WTA Australian Open @ 2.82 Betfair Exchange

Lucky 7 ?

What do you guys think ? Who will not win ? 

Sitting here waiting for the Tauson match at 01.00 and also hoping for my womens dubbel and Evans to do good tonight. 

Looking at the matches the next couple of days, a lot of good matches and especially lots of good players left in both the mens and womens tournaments. 

I like theese 7 winners and i will make some kind of combo bets among theese "lucky 7".. like dubbels, trippels & quads.  I see them all winning & will make the "Lucky7" combo bet Bet365 @7,78 + 30% = @10,114 .. but will be seriously trying to combine combos like dubbels, trippels, quads as the "importanrt" bets..

Aza , I know that can be a tough one, but really liked the Aza I have seen last matches, maybe thats the most dangerous one ?

Screenshot 2022-01-22 00.27.49.png

Edited by LOVETENNIS

For me today, it’s a single on Clara Tauson, at 4/5 - a bit of a rarity for me to take odds as long as that, especially on the WTA side, but I did expect her to be much shorter than that.

I’ll be following that up with a double on Elise Mertens and Kaia Kanepi, both at 2/7. Kanepi worries me a bit, I may even go in bigger with a single on Mertens, as she is my favourite bet of the day.

I’d love to be on Halep in some form, but the prices and the handicaps look a bit too ungenerous, so I may have to wait and back her later in the tournament.

1 hour ago, Torque said:

Just one speculative match bet for me today and that's Daniel to beat Sinner. The win over Murray was very impressive and it was a win built on the foundation of an excellent serving display. Sinner isn't the greatest on return and if Daniel is able to serve at a high level again this could be a lot closer than expected. I'm also going back in on Barty in the outrights. She passed her first real test against Giorgi with flying colours and with Osaka going out she's faced with arguably an easier opponent in Anisimova in the next round.

5pts Daniel to beat Sinner @ 11.00 Boylesports

20pts Barty to win WTA Australian Open @ 2.82 Betfair Exchange

I didn’t agree with your strategy of putting more and more money on Barty, when she was due such an early meeting with Osaka, but that has ended up working out well for you.

She is obviously the best player left by some margin, now that her rival to that role - Osaka - is out. She could waltz to the title, however, there are a lot of potential champions left in, and it’s easy to have one dodgy best-of-three match, or alternatively, for someone to hit a sweet patch against you for one best-of-three match, and you find yourself out of the tournament. I wonder if the pressure of winning her home Grand Slam will be her undoing at some point.

For me, I fancy Halep for the title, but there are at least 12 potential winners still in the women’s tournament, so I’d be wary of lumping more and more on Barty, as she could well have to beat four other potential champions from now, if she wants to win the tournament. There are a couple of slightly open sections of the draw now, but hers isn’t one of them at the moment, even with Osaka removed.

Halep has a very open route to the quarter finals, and given that I was fancying Halep pre-tournament, that certainly hasn’t made me lean towards her any less! I can’t work out why the bookies have her as long as 5/1? I know she was injured a lot last year, but I don’t see that as a problem. May even be an advantage.

Edited by U.K. TennisGirl

3 hours ago, U.K. TennisGirl said:

I didn’t agree with your strategy of putting more and more money on Barty, when she was due such an early meeting with Osaka, but that has ended up working out well for you.

She is obviously the best player left by some margin, now that her rival to that role - Osaka - is out. She could waltz to the title, however, there are a lot of potential champions left in, and it’s easy to have one dodgy best-of-three match, or alternatively, for someone to hit a sweet patch against you for one best-of-three match, and you find yourself out of the tournament. I wonder if the pressure of winning her home Grand Slam will be her undoing at some point.

For me, I fancy Halep for the title, but there are at least 12 potential winners still in the women’s tournament, so I’d be wary of lumping more and more on Barty, as she could well have to beat four other potential champions from now, if she wants to win the tournament. There are a couple of slightly open sections of the draw now, but hers isn’t one of them at the moment, even with Osaka removed.

Halep has a very open route to the quarter finals, and given that I was fancying Halep pre-tournament, that certainly hasn’t made me lean towards her any less! I can’t work out why the bookies have her as long as 5/1? I know she was injured a lot last year, but I don’t see that as a problem. May even be an advantage.

I don't like being overexposed on any one player either. I'll be looking to hedge soon.

2 minutes ago, Giantlife said:

What do you think about Swiatek's encounter today with Kasatkina @CzechPunter ?

Thank you. 

I do not think that match requires thought of any kind. I think the h2h is 1-1 with Kasatkina winning on grass at a time when Swiatek was a complete novice on it. Here Swaitek"s game is well suited to the hard courts with that quick take-back that is bound to pit Kasatkina in deep trouble. I think Kasatkina has two realistic hopes here; Bob Hope and no hope! Borrowing NFL vocabulary, it should be a blitz.

Hi guys🙋‍♂️ Moscow's Calling 😉 Follow your forum for many years and I really appreciate what you folks do for us the common bettors and gamblers🤗 But right now I have just one question for all of you

Am I the only one who thinks that smth is definitely wrong with Bautista-Agut-Fritz match and that this game is (what we are used to say here) with a "smell"?🤔🤨 

Unlucky with Tauson,

Anyway. Tonight :

Bomber Sakkari to beat Pegula @1.44 bet365

The Greek lioness is better year after year. She never stops improving her game. I see that now her game is complete in all areas of the game, keeping at the same time her major weapons, first serve and powerful forehand. 

Barbora Krezchikova +2.5 games to beat Azarenka @1.90 bet365.

Barbora with her unusual playing style is the number 1 DANGER for Azarenka, who no longer is the player of the past. 

Good luck punters!

P.S Carreno Busta is weak player in my eyes, and Berenttini has great chances to beat him, however i decided to stay away, because i am not sure if his ankle is 100% ok, after the small injury in the previous match against Alcazar

Zverev vs Shapovalov I really cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about the way this tournament has been progressing with all guns blazing from the true contenders for the title. In fact as it stands, there are more than a handful of them with very strong claims to the title. I can categorically tell you now, forget all the hype about Medvedev this or Medvedev that. This tournament is wide open for the fittest to survive. This tournament has now become an intensely run race between the next generation stars and I very much dare you to name the winner come Sunday week.

This matchup right here is anything but predictable and despite Zverev being favorite by virtue of his ranking as the no2 player in the world, I will prefer to see this as a "Pick em" kind of match where i expect gutsy and instinctive shot-making to win the day. The head to head stands at 4-2 Zverev. If I can ignore matches from 2018 where I can say that Shapovalov had not reached full maturity, this match can be said to be on his racket

Head-to-head: 4 - 2

Year Tournament Match S Surface 1 2 3 4 5 Round
2021 ATP Cup Zverev 2   65 6 7     -
Shapovalov 1 7 3 64    
2020 ATP Cup Shapovalov 2   6 6       -
Zverev 0 2 2      
2019 Paris - Masters Shapovalov 2   6 5 6     R16
Zverev 1 2 7 2    
2018 Madrid - Masters Zverev 2   6 6       SF
Shapovalov 0 4 1      
2017 Laver Cup
Look at the above chart for a minute beginning from the 2019 Paris Masters where Shapovalov won 2 sets to one. observe the scoreline of the first and third sets (6-2 respectively). They meet next at the ATP Cup in 2020, the same similar scoreline resurfices indicating the game superiority of Shapovalov over Zverev at least to a reasonable degree as is evident. In the 2021 ATP Cup it was evident that Zverev had stepped up but certainly not so much as warranting this kind of favoritism a year later. What does this amount to statistically in numbers? Notable takeaways from this head to head is Shapovalov's ability to attack the second serve. Some might argue that he might not get many chances since Zverev's first serve has been consistently above 70% in every match in Melbourne so far. However, Zverev's first-serves-in figure has never been higher than 66% in a match against Shapovalov which goes to show, to some extent, the pressure Shapovalov is able to exert. Shapovalov is already battle-hardened having already had a very profitable workout at the ATP Cup and having come through tough matches with Reilly Opelka and Soon Woo Kwon and I can see that continuing here. As usual I am going to opt for an investment safe option of over 33.5 games alternative handicap @4/7 paddy power. The reason for this choice is that I feel that this total can be surpassed with consistent potent serving from both even inside 3 sets. Good luck!
Edited by liquidglass

44 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Zverev vs Shapovalov I really cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about the way this tournament has been progressing with all guns blazing from the true contenders for the title. In fact as it stands, there are more than a handful of them with very strong claims to the title. I can categorically tell you now, forget all the hype about Medvedev this or Medvedev that. This tournament is wide open for the fittest to survive. This tournament has now become an intensely run race between the next generation stars and I very much dare you to name the winner come Sunday week.

This matchup right here is anything but predictable and despite Zverev being favorite by virtue of his ranking as the no2 player in the world, I will prefer to see this as a "Pick em" kind of match where i expect gutsy and instinctive shot-making to win the day. The head to head stands at 4-2 Zverev. If I can ignore matches from 2018 where I can say that Shapovalov had not reached full maturity, this match can be said to be on his racket

Head-to-head: 4 - 2

Year Tournament Match S Surface 1 2 3 4 5 Round
2021 ATP Cup Zverev 2   65 6 7     -
Shapovalov 1 7 3 64    
2020 ATP Cup Shapovalov 2   6 6       -
Zverev 0 2 2      
2019 Paris - Masters Shapovalov 2   6 5 6     R16
Zverev 1 2 7 2    
2018 Madrid - Masters Zverev 2   6 6       SF
Shapovalov 0 4 1      
2017 Laver Cup
Look at the above chart for a minute beginning from the 2019 Paris Masters where Shapovalov won 2 sets to one. observe the scoreline of the first and third sets (6-2 respectively). They meet next at the ATP Cup in 2020, the same similar scoreline resurfices indicating the game superiority of Shapovalov over Zverev at least to a reasonable degree as is evident. In the 2021 ATP Cup it was evident that Zverev had stepped up but certainly not so much as warranting this kind of favoritism a year later. What does this amount to statistically in numbers? Notable takeaways from this head to head is Shapovalov's ability to attack the second serve. Some might argue that he might not get many chances since Zverev's first serve has been consistently above 70% in every match in Melbourne so far. However, Zverev's first-serves-in figure has never been higher than 66% in a match against Shapovalov which goes to show, to some extent, the pressure Shapovalov is able to exert. Shapovalov is already battle-hardened having already had a very profitable workout at the ATP Cup and having come through tough matches with Reilly Opelka and Soon Woo Kwon and I can see that continuing here. As usual I am going to opt for an investment safe option of over 33.5 games alternative handicap @4/7 paddy power. The reason for this choice is that I feel that this total can be surpassed with consistent potent serving from both even inside 3 sets. Good luck!

Nice write-up @liquidglassbut I can't agree about a couple of things and forgive me if exactly what you mean has been lost in translation - I'm assuming English isn't your first language. Firstly, that this is a 'pick 'em' match. By definition that means the chances of either player winning are roughly equal, but for me and I would imagine a lot of others Sascha is a definite and worthy favourite. Secondly, that this match is 'on his racket'. If anything, it's on Sascha's racket. If he plays like he can and bearing in mind Shapovalov's sketchy play so far I can only see one winner.

Edited by Torque