** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Ashes Tour

Fader

I don't hold much hope in England getting a win with Australia's record in the day/night matches but atleast with no Hazelwood, they may have more of a chance. I think the batting needs to improve alot and I'm going to take Buttler to be England's top batsman purely because I think there will still be alot of frailties in the line up. The other bet I like is Labby to be top Aus batsman. Labby is a player I think is real quality and is the kind of player that I wish England had. He always looks composed and calm and I think if England go and make a joke of themselves here once again, he could just sit in and score handsomely. My other 1pt punt is Starc MOTM. Purely because of the loss of Hazlewood and the likelihood that he takes wickets. That mixed with chances of an England collapse and you never know at 14s.

2pts Labuschagne top Aus 1st innings batsman 5/2 paddypower
1.5pts Buttler top England 1st innings batsman 9/1 paddypower
1pt Starc Man Of The Match 14/1 paddypower

Stumps on Day 2 and Labby wins the 5/2 with a Century. England have managed to lose 2 wickets already and are 17-2 and so the Buttler bet looks live. Starc had a good knock in the crease in Aus first innings and has already got 1 wicket and a catch and so the MOTM on Starc also has a chance.

• 3 weeks later...