** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Scottish Open

Fader

Straight into the Scottish Open this morning. 

2pts e/w T. Ford to win Scottish Open 40/1 paddypower
1.5pts e/w J.Lisowski to win Scottish Open 33/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w G. Wilson to win Scottish Open 50/1 bet365
0.5pts e/w H.Vafaei to win Scottish Open 75/1 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------
1pt O.Lines to win 1st Quarter 75/1 paddypower
1pt Jiahui to win 2nd Quarter 40/1 bet365

that's mad. Must have been some serious fouls in that one. One I like for this afternoon is Hang to beat Murphy. Murphy has been poor over the last month or so. Lost to Jiahai and had a little paddy fit about it and how amateurs shouldn't get into these tournaments and then he struggled big time against lady player Ng Yee. 3-1 down and won 4-3. He says now that he has an injury. I'm not sure if that's true or not but either way, I think Hang is value to win and even on the -1.5 handicap

4pts Hang to beat Murphy 2/1 paddypower
2pts Hang (-1.5 frames) to beat Murphy 5/2 paddypower

13 hours ago, charliepie said:

well done with Hang! I've been sick with covid for the last week or two so not been enjoying much of anything lately...

Similar, I've had a bad cold and been around somebody with covid. Haven't had the chance to watch too much but will go with one more later and it's Higgins to beat Gilbert. I won't go over the same old stuff but after such a big win for Gilbert against Trump, I expect the level to drop alitle and I think Higgins will be well up for this one. Higgins has won the last 6 in a row between the two and has won by -1.5 legs in 5 of the 6. All 6 were in the last 2 years.

5pts Higgins -1.5 frames to beat Gilbert evens paddypower

43 minutes ago, Fader said:

Similar, I've had a bad cold and been around somebody with covid. Haven't had the chance to watch too much but will go with one more later and it's Higgins to beat Gilbert. I won't go over the same old stuff but after such a big win for Gilbert against Trump, I expect the level to drop alitle and I think Higgins will be well up for this one. Higgins has won the last 6 in a row between the two and has won by -1.5 legs in 5 of the 6. All 6 were in the last 2 years.

5pts Higgins -1.5 frames to beat Gilbert evens paddypower

Agree with this. I wouldn't even necessarily say that Gilbert played at that high a level against Trump, and he suggested as much in an interview afterwards. It should be Higgins v Trump and it would have been if Trump had been able to seal Gilbert's collapse from 3-0 ahead, but he choked with a miss on the final green that you have to see to believe. If it wasn't a choke, the only other explanation I can think of is that he was thinking too much about position on the brown so that he forgot to make sure about the green. After that, Gilbert had work to do and credit to him for being able to pick himself up and clear. The blue he potted was high tariff and worthy of winning the match.

1 hour ago, Torque said:

Agree with this. I wouldn't even necessarily say that Gilbert played at that high a level against Trump, and he suggested as much in an interview afterwards. It should be Higgins v Trump and it would have been if Trump had been able to seal Gilbert's collapse from 3-0 ahead, but he choked with a miss on the final green that you have to see to believe. If it wasn't a choke, the only other explanation I can think of is that he was thinking too much about position on the brown so that he forgot to make sure about the green. After that, Gilbert had work to do and credit to him for being able to pick himself up and clear. The blue he potted was high tariff and worthy of winning the match.

I fully agree with you @Torque

Good decision @four-leaf I must admit I'm starting to form the opinion that Trump can't be trusted when the pressure is on. He has a great winning record in the best of 7 format, but I wonder how many of those wins were achieved via a decider. He seems to be great when he has a lead and is at the table when a frame is won, knocking in exhibition shots from all over the table, but when missing counts he does seem to miss more than his fair share. The green that I mentioned for example, I don't think he misses that if it's the first frame of the match or if he's 3-0 up. In fact, he probably smashes it into the back of the pocket and gets position on the brown after going all the way around the table. Definitely something to consider in his matches going forward, because he's always going to be the favourite in a deciding frame and an even bigger favourite if he gets in and looks like winning. He was something like 1.06 standing over that green.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

By all means you're probably right. Not seen asmuch Snooker as i normally would recently. Higgins has really been knocking on the door recently and I would fancy him to win this event from here either way but the head-to-heads scream Higgins, too.

4-3 Higgins. Gilbert missing blacks off the spot like last night against Trump. His body language doesn't look good, almost like he's resigned to his fate. In fairness though, he looked the same last night although he was fortunate that Trump let him off. I don't think Higgins will be so charitable.

I will also take Brecel to make the final. He beat McGill only last week with ease and it makes me wonder if that will be in McGill's mind. McGill has won 2 deciding legs and a close 6-4 in his last three matches but Maguire just didn't turn up and McGill still made it hard.

6pts Brecel to beat McGill 5/6 paddypower