** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Dec 3rd - 5th

Cardiff vs Sheffield United

The Championship is back this weekend with another round of intense football action and I'm taking a look at the clash between Cardiff and Sheffield United in a 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the Cardiff City Stadium. You can probably say that both teams will be disappointed with their current league positions but after both making recent managerial changes they are optimistic of that situation improving.

Cardiff pulled off a very satisfactory 2-1 win away to an out-of-form Luton last weekend and it meant Steve Morison has now led his team to 3 wins in their last 4 league matches. The Bluebirds are now up to 20th in the table and 5 points clear of relegation. Defence is still a problem that Morison needs to solve with Cardiff failing to keep a single clean sheet in their last 19 league matches. The good news is that he has managed to get the team scoring again bagging at least 2 goals in 4 of their last 6 league games which compares to them scoring 1 goal in their previous 8 league matches before that.

Sheffield United took the controversial decision to part ways with former head coach Slavisa Jokanovic with the even more controversial decision made to appoint Paul Heckingbottom as his replacement. To be fair, Heckingbottom began his reign with a standard 2-0 win over a lacklustre Bristol City so the jury remains out on his appointment. The Blades are up to 13th in the table and unbeaten in 3 league matches now. The team has conceded 15 goals in their 10 away league games so far so that's an issue that Heckingbottom will want to tighten up.

I remember the days when we couldn't buy a win against Sheffield United but over recent times we've got a decent record against them. It's now 6 matches unbeaten in this fixture for Cardiff with Sheffield United winning just 1 of the last 10 meetings. That came in a 3-0 win at Ninian Park back on 22nd March, 2009. I think both teams could go at it here with fragile defences potentially seeing a few goals. I wouldn't be surprised if Cardiff pull off another win though. We're buzzing right now and I'd back us to beat anyone at home in this mood.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 2.43 with Unibet

BTTS @ 1.80 with William Hill

Blackpool vs Luton Town

2021-12-04T16:00+01:00

Blackpool

Doubtful: Chris Maxwell (11/0 first goalkeeper), Richard Keogh (15/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Kevin Stewart (3/0 m), Oliver Casey (0/0 d), Luke Garbutt (14/0 d), Grant Ward (4/0 m), Matty Virtue (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Luton Town

Doubtful: Luke Berry (7/4 m)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Blackpool
10 home games
Luton Town
10 away games
0.7 Goals scored per game 1.1
0.9 Goals conceded per game 1.4
40% Clean sheets 30%
50% Team scored 70%
20% Team scored twice 40%
10% Scored in both halves 10%
30% Goal in both halves 60%