** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Michael Wray Spreadsheet system

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... yep! Another one in the bag with Hereford U winning tonight 2-1:ok Looks as if this has got the makings of a solid system and not too many selections either, so a massive bank is not required each time. The latest figures with this winner above :- Total Staked 150 Total Returned 204.39 Yield 36.26% Winners 13 Losers 2 Strike Rate 87% Current Bank 154.39 Profit/Loss 54.39 .... and so another really impressive set of figures, a pleasure to report.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... thanks David, hope you had a wee dabble on Hereford! As the old 'A' Team used to say, "I love it when a plan comes together".To say that this system has virtually risen like a phoenix from the ashes, is an under- statement!Long may it continue.:clap

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... just wondering whether a couple of matches predicted in the 2-0 tracking series on post number 287 have been posponed? Cambridge U v Exeter C Dagenham & R v Altrincham I cannot see any mention of these when looking at prices on Bet 365.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... following the occurrence of some discrepancies in predictions recently, I have compiled a list of 'Fixtures Missing' from the MW sheets.I have checked these with other programmes, and for those interested, here is the full list of those that I deem are still missing presumed not played :- PREMIERSHIP. Birmingham C v Bolton W Bolton W v Middlesbrough CHAMPIONSHIP. Plymouth A v Preston N E Burnley v Southampton T Q.P.R. v Stoke C Wolves v Stoke C Leeds U v Crystal P Preston N E v Crewe A COCA-COLA LEAGUE 1. Bournemouth v Barnsley Doncaster R v Brentford Doncaster R v Colchester U Colchester U v Hartlepool U M K Dons v Brentford Yeovil T v Brentford Port Vale v Scunthorpe U Walsall v Yeovil T COCA-COLA LEAGUE 2. Leyton O v Barnet Rochdale v Barnet Rochdale v Bury Rochdale v Grimsby T Bury v Oxford U Bury v Stockport Co. Cheltenham T v Wrexham Chester C v Wrexham Macclesfield T v Wrexham Boston U v Chester C NATIONWIDE CONFERENCE. Aldershot T v Accrington S Southport v Accrington S Tamworth v Aldershot T Woking v Aldershot T Dagenham & R v Crawley T Gravesend & N v Crawley T Crawley T v Forest Green R Cambridge U v Grays A Gravesend & N v Grays A Gravesend & N v Hereford U Southport v Hereford U Tamworth v Southport Exeter C v Stevenage B Canvey Island v Woking Dagenham & R v York C BUNDESLIGA. None SERIE A. None PRIMERA LIGA. Valencia v Barcelona Athletico Bilbao v Real Madrid Athletic Madrid v Real Sociedad Celta Vigo v Villarreal For those who are interested, can you check sometime and let me know of your findings, maybe this will bring some of the predictions into line.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Merlin, I have these extra to you Championship

07-Feb-06

Leeds United

Crystal Palace

18-Feb-06

Preston North End

Crewe Alexandra

League 2

28-Jan-06

Leyton Orient

Barnet

11-Feb-06

Rochdale

Barnet

15-Feb-06

Boston United

Chester City

You have listed is this a typo ? Leyton O v Barnsley

Rochdale v BarnsleyCheers

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... sorry about that Andy, I must not have scrolled far enough along with some of these.I do agree with your extras, and also I typed in Barnsley instead of Barnet when looking at the short name.Well spotted and thanks for the double check.:ok

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... forgot to add that I had also amended the full list to include these additions Andy.There is really a large contingent in the Conference League, and some teams still have 3 or so matches still to play.Looks as if there is going to be some fixture congestion come the end of the season.The Euro side of things look remarkably clean and tidy, and of course you could expect the Bundesliga to be 'backlog' free!;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... well I thought that the differences we each display from time to time could be due partially to match entries.Obviously there may still be small variations on those matches entered to date.I found one on mine which was attributed to Michael Wray himself, going back to September, well before my download.For some reason the score had been entered as it came up on the match score in the predictions team window, but was showing as unplayed in the fixtures tab at the bottom of the page.So I just clicked the re-write over button and made it good.There's an awful lot of logic within these sheets!;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... thought that this week's selections were so far back (post 287) that I would bring them forward for easy reference. icon1.gif Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system

... thanks once again to Mcgin for the above as a double check. One small difference is Athletico Madrid do not qualify according to my sheets as the predicted score reads 3-1.Here is the full list:- 2-0 Goal System - Tracking Only. Coventry C 1.90 - WON Reading 1.66 - WON Brentford 1.61 - LOST Bristol C 1.90 - WON Grimsby T 1.53 - WON Shrewsbury T 1.80 - LOST Stockport Co 2.25 - LOST Woking 2.30 - WON -TUES York C 1.57 - WON - TUES Swansea C Fri 2.10 - DRAW Birmingham C - 1.66 - WON Werder Bremen 1.42 - WON Valencia 1.25 - DRAW Cagliari 2.40 - DRAW Juventus 1.16 - WON Hamburg 1.51 - LOST 3-0 Goal System. Chelsea 1.12 - WON Southend U 1.50 - DRAW Hereford U 1.70 - WON - TUES Under 2.5 Goal System. Derby Co/Plymouth A 1.65 - WON Hull C/Wolves 1.57 - LOST Stoke C/Millwall 1.57 - LOST Accrington S/Morecambe - WON MONDAY A.Bielefeld/B.Dortmund 1.90 - WON Wolfsburg/Hannover 96 1.75 - LOST Accrington S/Burton A - Sat 1.60 - LOST Hopefully another interesting weekend ahead.Have fun and thanks for tuning in!;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... hi there you guys.Thanks for dropping in here for the highlighted query. Here are my findings on the 8 matches highlighted:- Matches............................ DC..................Kanga..............Merlin Swansea Huddersfield...... 1-1................ 2-1................. 2-0 Southampton Sheffield W.. 0-0................ 1-0................. 1-0 Hull C Wolves.................. 0-1................ 0-2................. 0-1 Hartlepool Doncaster........ 1-2................ 0-1................. 1-2 Barnet Carlisle................. 1-2................ 1-1................. 1-1 Lincoln C Notts Co............ 2-0................ 1-0................ 1-0 Torquay v Mansfield.......... 2-0................ 2-1................ 2-1 Wrexham v Northampton.... 2-2................ 2-1................ 2-1 So seeking to find where we have agreement between two out of the three, we find David with only 2 the same,Kanga with 5 the same and myself with 7 the same.The Swansea match has three different combinations and I then checked the tables on Bill Hunters Yearbook which I have, and found that my tables record was spot on.So my first suggestion Gents is to check the latest tables including the match played last night, which should read:- Team..........HOME........................ AWAY............................ ................P....W....D....L....F....A.....P....W....D....L....F....A Swansea ..18....9....7.....2...35...16...17...6.....6....5...27...24 H'Field......18...11....5.....2...31...18...17...5.....7....5...26...26 So as my tables and stats show exactly this, I think it fairly safe to assume that the records for all eight of these matches are correct as far as I am concerned.Therefore David you need to check your tables by clicking on the tables tab at the bottom of the page for each division in question,press the re-calulate tables button, and double check those six matches where you fail to agree with either Andy or myself.Andy you will need to check matches 1,3 and 4 in the same manner to assertain whether there is any errors in your tables data.I think this should clear things up,because if there were any scores wrongly input,then the Goals For and Against columns would highlight the disparity.Let me know fellas if you want me to check anything further for you.Good luck!:ok

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ..... Stats for system Under 2.5 goals Sat 25th February:- Total Staked 300 Total Returned 292.2 Yield -2.60% Winners 18 Losers 12 Strike Rate 60% Current Bank 92.21 Profit/Loss - 7.80 Not a good week for these,although three of the selections went down by the odd goal.Down into the red.:\

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... Stats for 3-0 Predicted Goals System Sat 25th February:- Total Staked 170 Total Returned 215.53 Yield 26.78% Winners 14 Losers 3 Strike Rate 82% Current Bank 145.53 Profit/Loss +45.53 So not too bad with this one! Two from three correct and Southend failing to beat lowly Walsall.Good strike rate,good Yield,and steady profit.Could be on a winner here.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... and so recapping on the 2-0 tracking system, another mixed bag of results here.A little unstable this system for betting purposes, but will continue to monitor this for a few weeks yet. Only 8 winners correct from the 15 = 53.33% with some posponed matches included, so perhaps it is just as well that this is for tracking purposes only. Full results further up the thread.Cheers.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Hi there you guys! As I have not heard from either of you Andy and David, as to whether you have corrected any of your records related to the eight matches in question, I have taken the liberty to make your task a little easier by providing the tables for those teams in query:- Reading across it's:- TotP-HW-HD-HL-F-A-AW-AD-AL-F-A-GD-PTS

4Swansea35972351666527242258
2Huddersfield351152311857526261360
19Hartlepool3447618225571318-939
10Doncaster3383523156291825147
17Southampton3569317112781625-340
21Sheff Wed36558172235101024-1934
18Hull3656720204591926-738
7Wolverhampton35773171267523181053
20Barnet3366618192671424-1136
1Carlisle351035381885425172862
7Lincoln City35863261541042125752
14Notts County3575523194591428-1043
24Torquay35485252733121432-2032
15Mansfield3566529224591931-541
11Wrexham321044311525715201145
3Northampton35873231078226192060
All that's needed now is to check your MW tables with these,note any differences, then check the scores you have against the query teams. Let me know if you need further help Gents.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Hi Merlin, Apologies for not posting - I checked the tables generated by my spreadsheets and compared them with the actual tables off of the BBC sports website. It turns out had entered a couple of games the wrong way round both 0-1 results I had entered as 1-0 :spank Anyway it's all sorted now - at least it shows that it makes a difference. :ok

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... Good to know that you have these sorted at least Andy.I think it wise that I keep glancing at your weekly MW table selections, this will act as a double check for all of us,as entering scores the wrong way around can be easily done.Only leaves David C to report his findings now.;)

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system HI Merlin, I agree withn your updated results. I also checked my tables with the BBC website and they are correct. There is one exception which I found and it appears that MW had wrongly entered one result for Brentford. The match in question took place on 24th Sept and is recorded as a 3-2 win but this result should read 2-3. It will be interesting to see if we all agree on the next set of fixtures!

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Lots of matches this week, should test this system quite well I think (Note everyone that this is still a paper trail system) Selections for this weeks "Lay Wrays Away" System

Date Home Team Away Team Home Away Pred H Pred A
4-Mar-06 Kaiserslautern Stuttgart 1 2
4-Mar-06 Burnley Reading 1 2
4-Mar-06 Leicester City Hull City 1 2
4-Mar-06 Queen's Park Rangers Wolverhampton Wanderers 1 2
27-Feb-06 Hereford United Stevenage Borough 1 2
28-Feb-06 Canvey Island Woking 1 2
4-Mar-06 Burton Albion Dagenham & Redbridge 0 1
4-Mar-06 Crawley Town Accrington Stanley 1 2
4-Mar-06 Exeter City Southport 0 1
28-Feb-06 Bournemouth Barnsley 0 2
28-Feb-06 Port Vale Scunthorpe United 1 2
4-Mar-06 Rotherham United Oldham Athletic 1 2
28-Feb-06 Rochdale Bury 0 1
4-Mar-06 Barnet Wrexham 1 2
4-Mar-06 Boston United Northampton Town 1 2
4-Mar-06 Chester City Torquay United 0 2
4-Mar-06 Notts County Mansfield Town 1 2
4-Mar-06 Oxford United Bristol Rovers 0 2
4-Mar-06 Shrewsbury Town Leyton Orient 1 2
4-Mar-06 West Bromwich Albion Chelsea 1 2
4-Mar-06 Wigan Athletic Manchester United 1 2
5-Mar-06 Málaga Valencia 0 2
5-Mar-06 Real Sociedad Zaragoza 1 2
5-Mar-06 Fiorentina Siena 0 1
5-Mar-06 Udinese Ascoli 1 2

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system .... thanks for reporting back David.Would be also wise if you would shout out again every time you have a variation, this will also serve as a double check, and I will investigate.Strange about the result you mention though. I have looked back at Bill Hunters Yearbook for that date, and the score reads Brentford 2 Bristol C 3, and that is the way it is entered on my spreadsheets by MW himself.Are you trying to say this is different on your version?Btw, great to have you back, another voice cannot be a bad thing! Cheers.:ok

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... hi there McGin, great to see you back again, missed your input. I agree with your Manchester C 3-0 selection, but Woking are playing tomorrow night at Canvey Island, and waiting to see whether this match will affect Saturday's rating.What's your thoughts on the merits of this system now.Stats look Ok, maybe early days, but looks solid enough up to this point.:ok ps How are your sheets,had any queries up to now?

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system Hi Merlin The Brentford result appeared as 3-2 in my MW spreadsheet and I corrected it. It is entirely possible that I inadvertently changed the result and if nobody else has the same problem then that is probably what has happened. Hopefully we are all singing from the same song sheet now!!

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system

... hi there McGin, great to see you back again, missed your input. I agree with your Manchester C 3-0 selection, but Woking are playing tomorrow night at Canvey Island, and waiting to see whether this match will affect Saturday's rating.What's your thoughts on the merits of this system now.Stats look Ok, maybe early days, but looks solid enough up to this point.:ok ps How are your sheets,had any queries up to now?
Indeed they are Merlin (was just getting into the habit of doing a weeks worth of predictions :tongue2) So Woking not necessarily a selection. As far as the 3-0 system goes I think I'm converted (enough to put some small stakes on it at least, and will probly use them in the Tipsters Challenge too :rollin). Still like the look of my "Lay Wrays Aways"system too, and depending how it fairs this week with that big lot of selections, I might begin dabbling in it too. 2-0 System I think needs to be laid to rest now, not even worth tracking. From the figures I have 2-0 (home) is running at a 12 point loss over 83 bets (-15% yield!) and even worse for 0-2 (away) - 13.9 point loss over 32 bets (-43% :eek yield).

Re: Michael Wray Spreadsheet system ... good to see we are all near enough in line with these sheets.Also good to see that you have sorted out your 3-2 result David. If you discover anything further it would be good to sort these out as we go along, rather than leave it.Will help with the accuracy of the system also.;)