** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The pyramid : Session 1 ©️

Joloupa

Hello 
I'm going to show you one of my ways of playing. I named my method "Pyramid".  

The pyramid is composed of 20 parts , each one composed of 4 levels.

My bank is 400 units.
I divide my bank into 20 parts, so each part is worth 20 units. 

Then I play all in starting at level 1, then level 2 ….. then 4. 

If I lose on a level, I start again with 20 units on the next part.

If I win all 4 levels, I start the next game with 20 units.

I play an average odds of @1.45

Session 1 will be finished at the end of the 20 parts. 

To be a beneficiary, I have to win 5 parts. 

For session 2, I divide my bank again into 20 parts to determine my stake in level 1. 

To win, you have to be very serious in your choice of bet. 

See you soon 

Session 1  (400u)

part 1.(20u)     Part 2.(20u)        Part 3.(20u)        . . . . . . . Part 20.(20u)

level 1                    level 1                 level 1                                     level 1

level 2                    level 2                level 2                                     level 2

level 3                    level 3                level 3                                     level 3

level 4                   level 4                level 4                                     level 4

Edited by Joloupa

• 2 weeks later...
  • Joloupa changed the title to The pyramid : Session 1 ©️

Good luck with this. Be nice if you could track the returns to level stakes. My gut feel is it's an unnecessarily elaborate approach to staking that basically requires you to string together 4 consecutive winners often enough to show a profit. In the long run, it should be profitable if the selections are good enough. In the short term it's down to luck (you could have picked enough winners to show a level stakes profit but lose because they didn't fall in your favour or win despite not showing a level stakes profit because the winners were grouped together nicely).

To manage our fevered expectations can you give us a rough idea of how frequent the selections might be? e.g. daily, 1 a week, 1 a month?

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Good luck with this. Be nice if you could track the returns to level stakes. My gut feel is it's an unnecessarily elaborate approach to staking that basically requires you to string together 4 consecutive winners often enough to show a profit. In the long run, it should be profitable if the selections are good enough. In the short term it's down to luck (you could have picked enough winners to show a level stakes profit but lose because they didn't fall in your favour or win despite not showing a level stakes profit because the winners were grouped together nicely).

To manage our fevered expectations can you give us a rough idea of how frequent the selections might be? e.g. daily, 1 a week, 1 a month?

Hi 

I can bet 2-3 times a day if the events are interesting. 

On average I think about 8-10 bets a week.

24 minutes ago, glennhughes said:

Am I missing something ? What was the bet ?

Bet on Brecel v Hamilton ??? 

I nearly made the same point, it could’ve been clearer. One point @Joloupa please don’t edit the posts containing the selections, it’s against the rules for this part of the forum because it can look as if amendments have been made after the event. I appreciate that’s not the case here but you should quote the original post if you need to make any corrections.

18 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

nearly made the same point, it could’ve been clearer. One point @Joloupa please don’t edit the posts containing the selections, it’s against the rules for this part of the forum because it can look as if amendments have been made after the event. I appreciate that’s not the case here but you should quote the original post if you need to make any corrections.

No problem 

I will be clearer in my posts 

Thanks for the explanations