** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Soccer Vista

fahm

Is anyone familiar with the site SoccerVista?  The URL now sends me to a site called BetExplorer.  The old site used to give tips on football matches every day and I found it very helpful indeed.  Does anyone know if the tips and analysis are available anywhere else?

Many thanks.

Wow, the new site works. I had been using soccervista on a regular basis until it disappeared a few years back. I assumed at the time it had been taken over by betexplorer. Soccervista had very useful features like list all matches for a specific date, and accumulated league statistics, I liked that a lot.

Thanks guys for bringing this up and for pointing to the new site (there's a typo in harry_rag's post but the name newsoccervista.com is obvious). 

On 10/26/2021 at 5:05 PM, footballeye said:

Wow, the new site works. I had been using soccervista on a regular basis until it disappeared a few years back. I assumed at the time it had been taken over by betexplorer. Soccervista had very useful features like list all matches for a specific date, and accumulated league statistics, I liked that a lot. 

It moved at the beginning of this (English) season - it was certainly on the old URL last season.

Its "Bet of the Day" selections have a very high hit rate, in my experience.  I've noticed that it no longer provides the scores after the games have taken place, though, which makes checking the predictions a little tedious!

On 10/31/2021 at 11:14 AM, fahm said:

It moved at the beginning of this (English) season - it was certainly on the old URL last season.

Well this is strange, I remember absolutely clearly that the site started redirecting me a long time ago, like 3 years or so, and not this season. One reasonable explanation is that the redirect only worked for certain geographies, so the site behaved differently for different countries, which is technically possible. Interestingly, the SoccerVista twitter account "soccervista" abruptly became silent (they stopped tweeting) in June 2018; looks like something happened at that time, I just don't know what it was.

Anyway, thanks for the tip of the day info. My understanding is that SoccerVista generates all the data automatically based on statistics, without human intervention. I'm generally sceptical about statistcs-based bets, but it wouldn't be wise to ignore something that works, will have a look.