** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Oct 19th & 20th

QPR vs Blackburn Rovers

2021-10-19T20:45+02:00

QPR

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Sam Field (0/0 m), Lee Wallace (3/0 d), Charlie Owens (0/0 m)

Suspended: Stefan Johansen (11/1 m, captain)

Blackburn Rovers

Doubtful: Harry Pickering (11/1 d, illness)

Out (injuries/other): Jake Garrett (0/0 d), Joe Rankin-Costello (0/0 m), Scott Wharton (0/0 d), Bradley Dack (0/0 m)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Interesting facts based only on statistics
QPR scored at least one goal in 100% of home games.
Blackburn Rovers scored at least one goal in 83% of away games.
QPR scored at least two goals in 67% of home games.
75% chance that both QPR and Blackburn Rovers will score in this game.
42% chance that both QPR and Blackburn Rovers will score in second-half.
92% chance that there will be more than 1 goal in this game.
34% chance that there will be a draw at half-time and draw at full-time.

Stoke City

Stoke City ranks in the 5th on League table. They were beaten by Sheffield United with 1:2 in last away game, which may beat their morale. However, their offensive sides perform well for they have scored goals in consecutive 8 matches, and they are good at home games. They could keep unbeaten in past 10 home games, being in good home forms.

Bournemouth AFC

Bournemouth AFC kept unbeatable since the League and ranks in the top of the table. With good forms, they won last 2 matches, and didn’t concede any single goal in last round against Bristol City. Also, their defensive strength has been improved a lot.

Betting Verdict:

Bournemouth AFC took a little bit upper hand in past h2h games against Stoke City, and the 1X2 first odd of this game is 2.80-3.20-2.50, which seems not to support the host enough. Considering that Bournemouth AFC will be eager to win the championship title, here predict Bournemouth AFC would keep unbeaten in this round.

1X2 Pick: X2

Tough looking games! Can't say anything jumps out at me.

Fulham looked much better against QPR and Cardiff have been massively out of form...heavy defeat looks inevitable and there will be worse 1/2 shots! Wonder if McCarthy will be sacked with a bad loss?

Tempted by a couple of bigger prices but I don't think I will pull the trigger on them. Hull have been worth opposing this season and Peterborough might just be able to get the win but not quite enough in the price. Swansea looked good last time and I think WBA are very workmanlike so 3/1 for the home win looks decent. But think I will just stick with a single on Fulham.

6 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Tough looking games! Can't say anything jumps out at me.

Fulham looked much better against QPR and Cardiff have been massively out of form...heavy defeat looks inevitable and there will be worse 1/2 shots! Wonder if McCarthy will be sacked with a bad loss?

Tempted by a couple of bigger prices but I don't think I will pull the trigger on them. Hull have been worth opposing this season and Peterborough might just be able to get the win but not quite enough in the price. Swansea looked good last time and I think WBA are very workmanlike so 3/1 for the home win looks decent. But think I will just stick with a single on Fulham.

I will cover it in a preview tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if Fulham stick 4 or 5 on us tomorrow. I honestly can't tell you how bad we have been lately. Our fans are saying this spell under Mick McCarthy is the worst since the days of Alan Durban when he relegated us to the third tier and set in place what would be a generation-long absence from the top two divisions with a win percentage of just 25.3%.

Fulham vs Cardiff

The living nightmare, sorry, I mean the Championship, goes on this week with the latest batch of games coming up on Wednesday night. It was an action-packed night on Tuesday so we can hope for something similar here. It's Fulham versus Cardiff in a 7:45pm BST kick-off at Craven Cottage where one team has every chance of winning against another team who just look like a clueless bunch of amateurs.

Fulham are doing exactly what we expected them to do this season and that's compete for an automatic promotion spot. The Cottagers are 3rd in the table with 23 points and even though league leaders Bournemouth appear to be pulling away it does feel like this season could turn into a battle for the top two between three clubs in Bournemouth, West Brom, and Fulham. Head coach Marco Silva has done a decent job of getting Fulham's array of talented players to bounce back after relegation from the Premier League last season. but inconsistency has crept in a bit with the team managing just 2 wins from their last 5 league games. Still, the 4-1 win over rival promotion battlers QPR on the weekend was a big statement. Striker Aleksandar Mitrovic is also already on 12 league goals for the season. Home form has been maintained though and it's 4 wins from their last 5 home league matches with each of those wins being earned with at least a 2-goal margin.

Cardiff did their best to sink to an even lower low this weekend with the 3-0 demolition at the hands of local rivals Swansea away. Many were scratching their heads as to how Mick McCarthy had remained in the job for that game and those puzzled heads were left even more confused when no announcement came of his sacking or resignation the following morning. In fact, it's alleged that he's been given this game and the match with Middlesbrough to turn things around. Quite what the Cardiff board are expecting to happen is beyond me. It was also embarrassing to see CEO Ken Choo try and earn some cheap laughs from our fans by claiming he wished we had a new manager. A complete lack of professionalism not seen around here for quite some time. Anyway, it's now 8 losses from our last 9 matches in all competitions and 6 defeats in the league on the trot. McCarthy has still kept playing 5 centre-backs across our defence and leaving decent players such as Will Vaulks, James Collins, Rubin Colwill, and Perry Ng on the bench. It remains mystifying and screams of a manager fed up and ultimately systematically trying to get sacked.

I fear what the score-line could be in this game. We are beyond woeful. It's clear McCarthy has lost the dressing room and that it happened some time ago. The managerial decisions are almost worthy of warranting a sectioning under the mental health act. It seems a case of when not if he gets sacked and we're essentially throwing two games away here against Fulham and Middlesbrough. There were rumours McCarthy was told he must make changes if he wants to stay in the job so we might see personnel change but I think even if he changes formation it's too late now. Fulham are going to batter us and I bet you either Bobby Decordova-Reid or Harry Wilson score against us!

Fulham -1 @ 2.37 with VBet

Anytime Scorer: Harry Wilson @ 3.10 with Mansion Bet (or Bobby Decordova-Reid for the same price!)

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Cardiff played pretty well, they should have scuppered the handicap bet with 3 good chances in the last 10 mins.

Yeah, on another day we could've taken something. Far better but then again it's no surprise given we actually played a back four, full backs in their correct positions, and made use of the wide players. Still, lacking quality and that, again, is down to McCarthy's awful transfer policy over the summer. I'd still also pick Morrison or Nelson over Flint in a back four. The good news is that McGuinness continued to show how quality he can be. Ng has to play regularly at right back. Our centre midfield is still awful. We need Giles out wide on the left. Kieron Evans is showing himself to be a hot prospect as well. I'd give him a start ahead of most of our current midfield.