** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

German Masters 2022 (including QFs)

Fader

Tomorrow's matches :

10am :
Yupeng Vs R. Williams
Lilley Vs Mann
Maflin Vs Hicks
Murphy Vs King

2.30pm :
Zhengyi Vs Ning
Lisowski Vs Highfield

Haotian Vs Carter
Akani Vs Allen

7pm :
Ursenbacher Vs J. Jones
Higgins Vs Saengkham
Bond Vs Clarke
Day Vs J. White

I'm going to stick with Zhengyi tomorrow. He takes on Lu Ning, who beat McLeod 5-0 but McLeod is abit of a journeyman and I think the win over an in-form Un-Nooh, for Zhengyi was far more impressive. Un-Nooh hit a 147 to level at 1-1 and then went 2-1 up and was on the table in the 4th frame. Zhengyi came back to win the match 5-3. Ning will be a different kind of match because Un-Nooh will tend to go for everything and Ning wont be like that but I still think Zhengyi has a shot of value tomorrow

The other one I like is Jak Jones to beat Ursenbacher. In current form I would have this as around 60/40 Jones and he's not the favourite here. He looked so sharp against Mark Williams in going 2-0 up and then Williams came back into it and won. He's hitting the ball very well though and Ursenbacher is very up and down recently.

2pts Zhengyi to beat Ning 11/4 paddypower
5pts Jak Jones to beat Ursenbacher 6/5 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Zhengyi, Yupeng, Jak Jones & Clarke all to win 17.5/1 paddypower (money back if one loses)

1 minute ago, Fader said:

Ning played well too. He came back from going down multiple times. I don't know if you watched it but the last red he needed he pushed off the cushion from the black. Took it really well. Fingers crossed the accy comes in now, too.

I did have it on, but was flicking between the snooker, football and horse racing ?.    I think the rest of the acca will land, I have a good feeling about it.

1 hour ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I did have it on, but was flicking between the snooker, football and horse racing ?.    I think the rest of the acca will land, I have a good feeling about it.

hmm, I dunno. Jak Jones looks woeful in the first 2 frames.

6 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

yeah, i'm not sure about this one either.....although he just might make it.

Ursenbacher just fluked the 2nd frame. All we need. 

* edit * wow, he missed an easy brown and Jones cleared. Blagged that for 1-1. Time to kick on

6 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

Just boot me up the arse now!!!! ??????????????

Ah I feel for you. Not worth cashing out for that kind of profit mate. Easy to say in hindsight but in mental games like Snooker and Darts anything can happen and anybody can bottle it. Althought Jak Jones played like a demon from 5-1 ? maybe your cashout sparked him into action.

1 minute ago, Fader said:

Ah I feel for you. Not worth cashing out for that kind of profit mate. Easy to say in hindsight but in mental games like Snooker and Darts anything can happen and anybody can bottle it. Althought Jak Jones played like a demon from 5-1 ? maybe your cashout sparked him into action.

Well, if you put up another accy tomorrow I will bet on it and leave it be ?

35 minutes ago, Fader said:

It's never worth cashing out. Ever. No matter what. Because even if it saves you a loss, it's just lining the bookies pockets even more. You got out for a 50p win - that means a fair cash-out was probably twice that and maybe more. Take a more long-term view - if you cash-out every time for a profit that won't cover the times you can't cash out where you're tied up for a loss.

Just now, Torque said:

It's never worth cashing out. Ever. No matter what. Because even if it saves you a loss, it's just lining the bookies pockets even more. You got out for a 50p win - that means a fair cash-out was probably twice that and maybe more. Take a more long-term view - if you cash-out every time for a profit that won't cover the times you can't cash out where you're tied up for a loss.

To clarify, cashing out at an exchange might give you a fair price and so if you went down that road then fair enough. But as I was saying, there are times where the price you took trains away from you so that cash-out isn't available and you cop a full loss. That's why, as painful as it is to see a bet lose when you could have cashed out, you have to take a long-term view and think not just in terms of one bet but a whole series of bets you might place across a long period of time. If you cash out of winners and have no choice but to cop full losers, that can turn a profitable series of bets into a losing set instead.

Tomorrow's matches :

10am:
Ding Vs Davis
Greene Vs Craigie
Gould Vs Stevens
Wakelin Vs Doherty

2.30pm:
Lilley Vs Maflin
Yupeng Vs Murphy
Saengkham Vs Jak Jones
Day Vs Clarke

7pm:
Jamie Jones Vs Pinches
Holt Vs Astley
Maddocks Vs Carty
Selby Vs Muir

Not the nicest card tomorrow. There isn't much that screams out to me. I think it's worth chucking a couple of points at Mark Davis to beat Ding but it's more because we haven't seen Ding for so long. That makes me think that he will either have been constantly practicing or perhaps not. Either way he will surely be alittle rusty and Davis has won his last 2 with a couple of 50+ breaks in both of those matches. Probably worth a punt.

In the afternoon matches, I would normally be taking Yupeng to beat Murphy there but Murphy is playing really well at the moment and despite Yupeng being a nice price, I just can't see him beat Shaun. I will take a punt on Jamie Clarke to beat Ryan Day though. Jimmy White should have beaten Day and was in and amongst the balls 4-3 up but nerves get to Jimmy today just asmuch as they used to and he threw it away. Clarke looked really good in the beating of Bond, with 1 century and 3 70+ breaks. Day is there for the taking.

accy to come, when the 2.30pm matches go onto Paddy.

2pts M. Davis to beat D. Junhui 5/2 paddypower
4pts J. Clarke to beat R. Day 7/4 paddypower

7 minutes ago, Fader said:

Tomorrow's matches :

10am:
Ding Vs Davis
Greene Vs Craigie
Gould Vs Stevens
Wakelin Vs Doherty

2.30pm:
Lilley Vs Maflin
Yupeng Vs Murphy
Saengkham Vs Jak Jones
Day Vs Clarke

7pm:
Jamie Jones Vs Pinches
Holt Vs Astley
Maddocks Vs Carty
Selby Vs Muir

Not the nicest card tomorrow. There isn't much that screams out to me. I think it's worth chucking a couple of points at Mark Davis to beat Ding but it's more because we haven't seen Ding for so long. That makes me think that he will either have been constantly practicing or perhaps not. Either way he will surely be alittle rusty and Davis has won his last 2 with a couple of 50+ breaks in both of those matches. Probably worth a punt.

In the afternoon matches, I would normally be taking Yupeng to beat Murphy there but Murphy is playing really well at the moment and despite Yupeng being a nice price, I just can't see him beat Shaun. I will take a punt on Jamie Clarke to beat Ryan Day though. Jimmy White should have beaten Day and was in and amongst the balls 4-3 up but nerves get to Jimmy today just asmuch as they used to and he threw it away. Clarke looked really good in the beating of Bond, with 1 century and 3 70+ breaks. Day is there for the taking.

accy to come, when the 2.30pm matches go onto Paddy.

2pts M. Davis to beat D. Junhui 5/2 paddypower
4pts J. Clarke to beat R. Day 7/4 paddypower

Definitely worth opposing Day. I watched quite a bit of his match against Jimmy and he was poor. As you said, he shouldn't have won really.

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

Definitely worth opposing Day. I watched quite a bit of his match against Jimmy and he was poor. As you said, he shouldn't have won really.

In fact I'm surprised Clarke isn't the favourite. He was decent against Bond whereas Day didn't play well against Jimmy.

Just now, Torque said:

In fact I'm surprised Clarke isn't the favourite. He was decent against Bond whereas Day didn't play well against Jimmy.

I think the price will change abit by kick-off that's why I'm keen to get on with PP and in some kind of accy.