** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 18th October

It looks like the bookies are taking no chances with the Class races of the day; all short priced favourites! If one thing I did learn from the Big 3 selections is that whilst one cannot win by backing all of them it is very difficult to oppose them regularly and make a profit.  I'll leave them alone today.

I have dropped down to class 4 races but have only had very small bets to justify the work put into them

2.45 Bath Fantasy Believer 50p win at 9/1

3.20 Bath Il Bandito 50p win at 7/2 & Barsha 50p win at 13/2

3.30 Pont Sudona 50p win at 7/1

5.15 Pont John Kircup 50p win at 17/2 & Van Gerwin 50p win at 25/1

6.00 Wolv Hot Spell 50p win at 9/2 & Without Delay 50p win at 12/1 (Liangel Hope hot favourite around 6/4)

No Trixie with this lot

Total stakes = £4.00

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

It looks like the bookies are taking no chances with the Class races of the day; all short priced favourites! If one thing I did learn from the Big 3 selections is that whilst one cannot win by backing all of them it is very difficult to oppose them regularly and make a profit.  I'll leave them alone today.

I have dropped down to class 4 races but have only had very small bets to justify the work put into them

2.45 Bath Fantasy Believer 50p win at 9/1

3.20 Bath Il Bandito 50p win at 7/2 & Barsha 50p win at 13/2

3.30 Pont Sudona 50p win at 7/1

5.15 Pont John Kircup 50p win at 17/2 & Van Gerwin 50p win at 25/1

6.00 Wolv Hot Spell 50p win at 9/2 & Without Delay 50p win at 12/1 (Liangel Hope hot favourite around 6/4)

No Trixie with this lot

Total stakes = £4.00

RESULTS UPDATE

Just one winner and a Rule on that to boot.  Also, this is not the first time that I have napped the so called good thing, Il Bandito in this case and the longer price horse has romped home.  The loss today was 74p so my new balance is £809.94 (Bank £1056.22)

I can only find 3 class 3 races and 1 class 2 tomorrow where the odds of the favourites are above evens. Another poor day's racing I guess