** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2021 ICC T20 World Cup

Fader

With 2 matches today, I thought I would get out there my selection for this World Cup. It's the exact same selection as it was in the last world cup and that's South Africa. I just think India are too short for where they stand right now and England at 10/3 just don't do it for me either. New Zealand have a good chance in my eyes but I'm all about getting some value in there and I think the boosted 14/1 on offer at PaddyPower is well worth it.

2pts e/w South Africa to win T20 World Cup 14/1 paddypower

2 more matches tomorrow as Holland take on Namibia at 11am and Sri Lanka take on Ireland at 3pm. I'm still debating on my bet in the later game but I am going to keep things simple tomorrow morning and take a bet on Holland. They lost to Ireland pretty tamely but it's a rare occurrence for a team to lose 4 wickets in 4 balls and I can see Holland re-focusing here. Let's face it, if they don't win this match, they're out. 

7pts Holland to beat Namibia 4/7 paddypower

Could be a real cracker of a match as Ireland take on Namibia in half an hour and I'm tempted to take the Namibians to win it. They did so well to come back against Holland. I thought Holland had won that after that 1st innings and then Wiese came from nowhere. If they have their top order in good nick then they have every chance. I'm going to take Wiese to be match top batsman at 14/1 and I'll also give Namibia a shot with small stakes

2.5pts Namibia to beat Ireland 17/10 betway
1pt Wiese top match batsman 14/1 paddypower

The big boys start tomorrow. Australia take on South Africa at 11am and England Vs West Indies at 3pm.

I'm going to take my pick for the tournament, South Africa, to beat the Aussies tomorrow. I really rate South Africa and although you're going to have some small factors of luck involved in this games, I reckon South Africa are better set for this match.  Aus have lost T20 series to India (2-1) to NZ (3-2) and Bangladesh (4-1) aswell as losing to India most recently with ease. They have plenty of batting power but without too much form. Hazelwood is a quality bowler and I would expect him to be up there for top bowler come end of the season, for Australia. One saver I will have though, is Marsh to be MOTM. Earlier parts of the year Marsh was batting really well for Australia and taking wickets, too. I can't see the likes of Warner performing tomorrow and so if we get down to 3/4 and Marsh produces and Aus do infact win, we could easily see Marsh get the award. My other point punt will be Shamsi Man Of The Match who is a guy in form.

5pts S. Africa to beat Australia 11/10 bet365
---------------------------------------------------------

1pt Marsh Man Of The Match 12/1 paddypower
1pt Shamsi Man Of The Match 14/1 paddypower

T20 World Cup +0.25pts

In the 2nd match of the day we have England taking on West Indies and I am going to take England. West Indies are abit of an underdog to win this event and ofcourse on their day they can beat anybody but England are a team that should in reality go deep in this tournament and they have a very strong batting line-up that goes deep. I'll also take Buttler to be MOTM. I want him as top batsman but his odds are alittle bit skinny. I'll go also go with an outsider punt on Chase for MOTM. 

6pts England to beat West Indies 4/6 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------
1pt J. Buttler Man Of The Match 8/1 betway
1pt R. Chase Man Of The Match 16/1 betway

England win and Buttler was top batsman but when you're only having to hit 50 to win a match, you're never going to be MOTM. Chase didn't play so that's a void. In the earlier game, very frustrating loss thanks to some awful batting. -4pts for the day. Tomorrow we have Sri Lanka taking on Bangladesh in the morning match and then we have India Vs Pakistan after that. I've not looked too much into the form of the 2nd match but I am firmly behind Bangladesh to beat Sri Lanka. I've been looking to oppose Sri Lanka as soon as I can and this is a perfect opportunity. I just can't get behind their batting line up and I think Bangladesh should be favourites.

5pts Bangladesh to beat Sri Lanka 11/10 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------
1pt Fernando top Sri Lanka batsman 5/1 paddypower
1pt Al Hasan Man Of The Match 6/1 paddypower 

WC bets -3.75pts

Two more matches today then and the first of them is South Africa taking on West Indies at 11am. I'm putting my faith in South Africa once again this morning and it's about time they repay my faith. It's a huge game for both, with the loser likely to be out and the winner "back in it" either way I think Markram has another good match and I think he has the potential to be MOTM with the quality he posseses in the field and his current batting form.

6pts South Africa to beat West Indies 5/6 paddypower
------------------------------------------------------
2pts Markram top match batsman 8/1 paddypower
2pts Chase to West Indies batsman 5/1 paddypower
1pt Markram Man Of The Match 11/1 paddypower

good win for SA. Markram top batsman for SA and ofcourse about 4 runs shy of match top batsman. typical +2pts. Chase didn't play so void on that.

Pakistan take on New Zealand in a couple of minutes and one that I'm going to take is Conway to be top batsman for NZ. Pakistan are in to bat first and so there is plenty of time to get this bet on.

2pts Conway NZ top batsman 11/2 paddypower

No value atall in backing England tomorrow and after that ridiculous performance in the field from Bangladesh you would have to think that it's "fill your boots" time for Englands batsman. I really like Buttler again tomorrow and paddypower are offering up a 7/2 boost on it. It's my only bet tomorrow.

2pts J. Buttler top England batsman 7/2 paddypower

In the 3pm match I'm going to take Namibia to beat Scotland. I was very impressed with Namibia when they beat Ireland and I think they should be the favourites in this, to be honest. I'm also taking their main-man to be the top scorer. Wiese has had knocks of 66 and 28 before going out against Sri Lanka early. I think against this Scotland team he has a great chance of hitting a decent score and I think it will be between him and Erasmus. Either way, I fancy Namibia in the match market

5pts Namibia to beat Scotland 6/5 paddypower
-----------------------------------
2pts Wiese top Namibia batsman 4/1 paddypower
1pt Wiese Man Of The Match 8/1 paddypower

Just the one match tomorrow and it's Australia taking on Sri Lanka. I'm still not sold on Australia and especially their opening partnership, who have struggled for form and consistency. I still think Marsh is due a big contribution and perhaps this is the time for him to shine. I was very impressed with Asalanka for Sri Lanka against Bangladesh. I'm not sure if that was Bangladesh's awful bowling or the fact that he is a good talent for Sri Lanka.

Either way, I think it's probably worth giving Sri Lanka a shot here and for small stakes I'll take them to pull off another shock. Ultimately, Australia lost 4-1 to Bangladesh in a t20 series not long ago and after Sri Lanka chasing down 170+ against them last match, it's worth backing it just for the price.

4pts Sri Lanka to beat Australia 9/4 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------------------
2pts Marsh Top Aus Batsman 4/1 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------------------------
1pt Hasaranga Man Of The Match 10/1 paddypower
1pt Hazlewood Man Of The Match 18/1 paddypower

Cricket World Cup -5pts

I fancy England to win against Sri Lanka today. Likely, an easy win like the Australia match but the bet I like is England to have over 6.5 6s. The pitch isn't the biggest here and I get the feeling that England will have the freedom to have the big shots needed for this bet. They hit more than 6 against Australia and that was chasing a small amount. So even if Sri Lanka only get a small amount, I feel like it's still achievable. I really rate Hasaranaga and if Sri Lanka are to have a winning performance, it's most certainly going to be through him. I'll take him as MOTM if that happens and a multi on the outcome.

5pts England over 6.5 Sixes 11/10 willhill
-------------------------------------------------------------
2pts England to win the match, Most 6s, Most 4s, Highest 1st 6 over score and Highest Partnership 2/1 paddypower 
1pt Hasaranga Man Of The Match 12/1 boosted paddypower

I have to take Sri Lanka today. They've been quite unlucky in some of the matches this tournament and you could make a case for them winning them all but it's not turned out that way. It's alittle bit of inexperience ofcourse but in Hasaranga and Assalanka they have 2 young brilliant players in my opinion. I think they can beat West Indies today and I'll be once again going for Hasaranga to deliver the blows.

4pts Sri Lanka to beat West Indies 6/4 paddypower
2pts Hasaranga Top Sri Lanka bowler 9/4 paddypower
1pt Hasaranga MOTM 10/1 paddypower

4 hours ago, Fader said:

Not alot excites me today. I will take 3 bets on the side markets. I'm hoping that the toss means that NZ bat first in the Conway bet.

2pts Conway top batsman NZ 9/2 paddypower
2pts Wiese top batsman Namibia 9/2 paddypower
1pt Neesham MOTM 14/1 paddypower

14/1 Neesham MOTM comes in despite only being given 1 over, the wicket and a decent knock in the crease means the award is given to Neesham

+10pts

Much the same in the 2nd match for me. Nothing appeals as it should be an easy win for India, this time. Sharma is boosted on PP to 3/1 top batsman. If he bats well then this should come in against Scotland. It's always worth going for the players abit lower down the order when a "small team" in fairness face a big team and Leask has some decent knocks to his name and so 14/1 seems too big.

2tps Sharma top batsman India 3/1 paddypower
1pt Leask top batsman Scotland 14/1 paddypower