Announcements
** April Poker League Result : 1st Rhino_Power, 2nd muttley, =3rd Elliott Sutcliffe & Rav **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Soi Bongkot, 2nd Power900, 3rd Gazza's United, 4th Trotter, 5th Rainbow **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st PercyP, 2nd daisychain, 3rd Costello, 4th silver fox. KO Cup Winner Kingdom for. Most Winners bymatrix: **

Racing Chat - Sunday 17th October

cannotbebeat

53 minutes ago, Hotspur88 said:

P/L = +90.2pts

1340 Naas Ballincrea Bud 33/1 0.5pt win

1450 Naas Elysium 11/1 1.5pt win

1530 Sedgefield Red Giant 4/1 2pt win

1635 Naas Half Nutz 10/1 1pt win

5pts staked. 

Tried a couple of these via free bet, done a couple of them alongside Cobblers Dream at Kempston 205.

Also backed tut tut. On moneyback offer at Naas 215, 6/1.

2 minutes ago, Hotspur88 said:

Elysium wins 11/1 to return 18pts.

I don't usually follow other tipsters tips but having bungled £6 quid on one of your previous selections, merely proving that prices do drift,  I thought I would try to get my money back today.  £2 at 9.80 = £17.25 returned, so I'm quids in and will quit while I'm ahead.  Many thanks. ?

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

2.05 Km Balko Saint3/1

2.40 Km Mercian Prince 2/1

3.30 Sed Hewick 7/2

one £1 win Trixie = £4 = poss return £97.50

Single bet 3.30 Sed Silva Eclipse £1 win at 6/1

Total stakes £5

RESULTS UPDATE

Trixie goes in, finally.  Profit = £92.50.  My new balance is £810.68 (Bank £1056.22)

??

3 hours ago, Hotspur88 said:

P/L = +90.2pts

1340 Naas Ballincrea Bud 33/1 0.5pt win

1450 Naas Elysium 11/1 1.5pt win

1530 Sedgefield Red Giant 4/1 2pt win

1635 Naas Half Nutz 10/1 1pt win

5pts staked. 

Half Nutz wins 10/1! There was a R4 but it has paid me out at 10/1 so it returned 11pts.

Total pts staked today = 6pts

Total pts returned today = 29pts

23pt profit. 

New P/L = +113.2pts

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

Been looking at The previews for champions day, its something not many people do after the event, timeform (via SL) ermm rubbish, RP segal et al, ermm rubbish, SL ermm rubbish, Can't believe some people actually pay for the Racing Post especially when you consider the Sporting Life is free.

Now cost £4.20 or it did last Tuesday at Huntingdon , at least for folks foolish enough to purchase it it was cheaper than the beer in which they charged you an extra 50p just to use your card on top of the £6 for a pint of Guinness .

Racing fans are cash cows for the people running the sport !

2 hours ago, Hotspur88 said:

Half Nutz wins 10/1! There was a R4 but it has paid me out at 10/1 so it returned 11pts.

Total pts staked today = 6pts

Total pts returned today = 29pts

23pt profit. 

New P/L = +113.2pts

Tough decision but I have been thinking about this the past couple of days and feel it's the right decision. 

Hopefully people have followed the selections and made a nice profit, even though the prices quoted were unattainable at times. Although my profit shows as +113.2pts, I'm sure people will still be in a good amount of profit at their prices. 

So, I obviously pay for tips and put them up on here for other people to benefit from. I am happy that these have made people money, but feel moving forward that as I'm paying for them, it's not right putting them up on the site. I also feel that the group wouldn't be best pleased if they stumbled across them on here when they're all paying also. 

Another reason is everyone else puts up their own selections and they do a lot of studying etc on here and then I just swan along and put someone else's hard work up and get the praise. 

Moving forward, I will still pass on any info I get outside the group and anything I strongly fancy, but I won't be posting the groups bets from here on out.

Hope people understand my reasoning behind this. 

30 minutes ago, Hotspur88 said:

Tough decision but I have been thinking about this the past couple of days and feel it's the right decision. 

Hopefully people have followed the selections and made a nice profit, even though the prices quoted were unattainable at times. Although my profit shows as +113.2pts, I'm sure people will still be in a good amount of profit at their prices. 

So, I obviously pay for tips and put them up on here for other people to benefit from. I am happy that these have made people money, but feel moving forward that as I'm paying for them, it's not right putting them up on the site. I also feel that the group wouldn't be best pleased if they stumbled across them on here when they're all paying also. 

Another reason is everyone else puts up their own selections and they do a lot of studying etc on here and then I just swan along and put someone else's hard work up and get the praise. 

Moving forward, I will still pass on any info I get outside the group and anything I strongly fancy, but I won't be posting the groups bets from here on out.

Seems OK to me.  Don't know why you won't disclose the name of the group then PL members can decide for themselves whether to register with them or not.  That is surely in the group's interest too.  Besides, I'm pretty sure that the group will run into a bad run at some point.  They will be mighty powerful if they don't. 

Will be interesting to see how you go when passing on other information.  Will you keep your existing P&L running when posting up future results?

Very many thanks for the winners passed on to us thus far, I'm sure that they have been truly appreciated ?

37 minutes ago, Hotspur88 said:

Well, whatever you decide to do, many thanks for all the great tips, I have appreciated them.

4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Been looking at The previews for champions day, its something not many people do after the event, timeform (via SL) ermm rubbish, RP segal et al, ermm rubbish, SL ermm rubbish, Can't believe some people actually pay for the Racing Post especially when you consider the Sporting Life is free.

Well there are people like @Bang onwho buy the paper everyday and have managed to use the information to make money over the years and continue to do so today.  I feel the online subscription is much better value where one can get all the online info and stats as well as a copy of the digitised newspaper each day and save a small fortune as well.  But, I have subscribed for half price membership for the online for 3 months and tried a little to use it.  I literally don't have time to wade through all the information and cannot see a profitable angle in using it.  I have cancelled the 3rd month at £17.50 as I have found that I'm not looking at it enough.  I don't have a clue on how to make money using it.  @Bang ongave me some tips on using it but it's not enough for me to shell out £34.50 per month and would never be enough for me to buy it every day at an annual cost of around £1500.00!!!

I want more stats on trainers and jockeys, especially course records.  I will try Horseracebace and see if they offer anything worth having

21 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Seems OK to me.  Don't know why you won't disclose the name of the group then PL members can decide for themselves whether to register with them or not.  That is surely in the group's interest too.  Besides, I'm pretty sure that the group will run into a bad run at some point.  They will be mighty powerful if they don't. 

Will be interesting to see how you go when passing on other information.  Will you keep your existing P&L running when posting up future results?

Very many thanks for the winners passed on to us thus far, I'm sure that they have been truly appreciated ?

Haven't disclosed it as it's a closed group and people wouldn't be able to get into it currently. Once this set period of 7 months is up, it will open back up when spots become available. If that's the case, I'll stick it up on here. 

Not sure what I'll do with my P/L tbh, haven't really thought about it too much. I guess I would probably start fresh when I put anything up on here. 

1 hour ago, Hotspur88 said:

I agree, if I was paying for tips I wouldn't be very happy if they were being then passed on to others.