** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Northern Ireland Open

Fader

An interesting event in which the last 3 years have been the EXACT same score and the EXACT same 2 finalists in a row. Trump has beaten Ronnie 9-7 three years running in this event, which i suppose is an interesting fact before we start.

We've had a real lack of snooker recently but we're now in for a sustained period of play. We have this event followed by the German Masters and then qualification to the Masters, all in October. We then have the English Open at the start of November and the UK Championship at the end.

I'm looking at the outright draw and there are a few I'll give a chance. 

2pts e/w M.Allen to win Northern Ireland Open 18/1 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w D.Gilbert to win Northern Ireland Open 33/1 paddypower
1pt e/w Y.Bingtao to win Northern Ireland Open 33/1 paddypower
1pt e/w A.Carter to win Northern Ireland Open 50/1 paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Z.Yuelong to win Northern Ireland Open 70/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w R.Walden to win Northern Ireland Open 75/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w M.Gould to win Northern Ireland Open 75/1 paddypower
0.5pts e/w G.Wilson to win Northern Ireland Open 100/1 paddypower

1pt M.Gould to win 4th Quarter 14/1 paddypower
1pt R.Walden to win 2nd Quarter 16/1 paddypower
------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts G.Wilson to win 4th Quarter 20/1 paddypower
0.5pts C.Yupeng to win 4th Quarter 22/1 paddypower
0.5pts C.Wakelin to win 2nd Quarter 33/1 paddypower

3 matches tonight and the best one will most certainly be Jimmy Robertson taking on Zhou Yuelong. It should be a close match based on Robertson's recent good form. They've actually met 4 times and Jimmy won the first 3 in a row, but in the last match, Yuelong won in a deciding leg. That was 3 years ago and you'd have to say that Yuelong is a better player now. He hasn't played for a while though, since August, where he went out to Slessor at the Quarter Finals of the British Open.  

Yuelong is a top player though and although we may see some early rust from him, I fancy him to come back into the match and win it. We saw Robertson beat Jamie O'Neill with ease at the Scottish Open and he thrashed Sijun 4-1 at the English Open, too, with a century and 2 50+ breaks. I can't see either player winning without us seeing atlesat 6 frames (first to 4)

7pts Over 5.5 frames (J.Robertson Vs Z.Yuelong) 4/7 paddypower

Yuelong poor but atleast they made it to 6 frames for the 4/7 winner. Lots of snooker to be played tomorrow. 15 matches. I'm tempted by Hallworth against Maguire on a handicap but I think I'll just take the 2 for tomorrow. The first will be Gary Wilson on the -1.5 handicap to beat Jordan Brown. Wilson has abit of form recently after beating the classy Yupeng 4-1 at the Scottish open and Steadman 4-2 in qualification at the English Open. That comes after a final defeat to Mark Williams at the British Open. He is certainly playing well and it would surprise me if he didn't win without a couple of frames to spare.

The other I will go with is Ronnie to lose. I say Ronnie to lose because let's face it, if he turns up he wins. I'm not sure how he sees this event because he has made the final last year and the ranking points will mean alot begrudgingly. Like in most instances, Ronnie probably either goes out early or gets to another final. 

5pts G.Wilson (-1.5 frames) to beat J.Brown 6/5 paddypower
2pts S.Carrington to beat R.O'Sullivan 7/2 paddypower

N.Ireland bets +4pts

Impressive stuff from Gary Wilson. Beats Jordan Brown 4-0. Allen and Bingtao through in the outrights. Allen hit a 147 in the 4th frame.  Ronnie looks bang on in and ready to play this week and so he looks a cert to go deep.  +4pts on the day. 

A couple that I like tomorrow but I'm waiting on Hawkins result on one of the afternoon matches. I'll mention the 2 that I do definitely like the look of though,

Ali Carter is the first, he takes on Haotian in the morning and I fancy Ali to win -1.5 frame handicap. Carter found a way to go out of the Scottish Open to Ken Doherty despite being 2-0 and 3-2 up, he lost 4-3 but he managed to hit 5 50+ breaks and is most certainly in some decent form. Haotian has lost 3 of the 4 matches he has played this season and despite only losing to Day on a deciding leg, he isn't scoring anywhere near to Ali's level. They've met twice and Ali has won both and I think he will have enough to do it with a couple frames to spare. 

The other one I like is James Cahill to beat Ferg O'Brien. Cahill looked in good form in the last round here, beating Chang Bingyu 4-2 and hitting a century and 2 50+ breaks. He's beaten Lee Walker since then and comes into this match against Ferg O'Brien, who is in decent form himself. The fact that Ferg also has some form means I'll take Cahill in a 4-fold with Oliver Lines and the handicap bet on Carter and Sijun.

3pts A. Carter (-1.5 frames) to beat L. Haotian evens paddypower
1pt accy -  A. Carter (-1.5 frames) /  Y. Sijun (-1.5 frames) / J. Cahill to beat F.O'Brien / O. Lines to beat B. Woollaston 15/1 paddypower

N.Ireland tips +8pts

I watched Mark Williams for abit late last night hobbling around the table, suffering from bad Gout. He lost the first frame to Mark Joyce but luckily for him a mixture of natural talent and Joyce being cr*p helped him take control and win 4-1. He takes on Elliot Slessor tonight, who is a very underrated player. I don't know much about Gout but I would assume it doesn't heal in just one day and even without the Gout, Slessor would give Mark a game. Worth a small bet.

2pts E.Slessor to beat M.Williams 2/1 bet365

Yesterday was very annoying. I couldn't tip up King to beat Hawkins in time because Hawkins was messing about in his late match. I didn't tip up Cahill on his own to beat Ferg and Lines to beat Woollaston and on a seperate note a big accy of mine lost thanks to Yupeng missing a final black against Selby. Very irratating.

There was nothing I was too excited about this morning. I thought Craigie had a chance against Bingham. That's currently 2-2.

All the ones I like today are odds on shots so I will take a chance on a 4-fold with paddy (money back if one loses) tempted by Lichtenberg and Miah but I'll keep it just this today (for now)

2pts J.Robertson / Heathcote / Walden / Saengkham 4/1 paddypower

N.Ireland tips +2pts

2 that I like today and that's King to continue his good form against Haotian. Carter should have beaten Haotian and after going 1-0 up, Haotian fluked a ball to win the 2nd frame and things didn't go well from there. Haotian did play quite well, but King was alot better in his performance and has won the last 2 h2h. Other I like is Lines against Bingtao. Bingtao is an outright pick but Lines is flying right now. I expected him to beat Woollaston but 4-0 was a great result.

5.5pts M.King to beat Haotian 10/11 bet365
2.5pts O.Lines to beat Y.Bingtao 9/5 betfred
--------------------------------------------------
1pt treble - King, Jak Jones and O.Lines to win 16/1 paddypower
0.5pt accy - King, O.Lines, J.Jones and Cahill 44/1 paddypower

Yeah, not the best match betting tournament but having half the line-up at the quarter final stage is nice, atleast. Would be nice to have 2 semi-finalists so atleast a pay-out minimum.

Also the 16/1 on Walden beating Murphy but I forgot to put the bet down myself :D so that'll win lol

I'll take Gilbert to beat Higgins tonight. I thought Gilbert was excellent lastnight, when I watched him against Selby. Took his chances well and could have won easier. He takes on Higgins, who has in the past had a fantastic record against him but Gilbert has won 19 of his last 22 matches now and is most definetely playing the better snooker of the two, so if he keeps his head tonight and can get a nice start, I don't see why he can't go on to make the Semi-finals.

I'll take a bet on a treble today too and if Walden beats Murphy, I'll be happy to lose that one.

5pts D.Gilbert to beat J.Higgins 13/10 bet365
2ps treble - Allen, Gilbert & S.Murphy to win 7.5/1 bet365

8 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Can't believe Allen won! Trump missed that easy red for 4-0 but it was some come back nonetheless:-)

He's a great player, Allen. Not many players can say they have a better h2h record against Judd, but he can. 5 frames in a row after that miss.

4 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I took your advice and stuck £1 on Mark Allen when he was 18/1.  Now wish I had of bet wee bit more.  ?

lol, yeah i went outright and not each-way. Doh! but i each-way on Walden.

It's hard because Walden wont win the final but he gets the most return. Bingtao has played the best of the 4 for me. Allen / Bingtao final would be a good match.

so nice to see Allen win in his home town. Higgins was brilliant. Thought that he had thrown it away at 8-6 down but that was brilliant and very tense.

+44pts with the 18/1 winner tonight. The match betting didn't go too well at the back end but the 18/1 and 16/1 quarter winner helped.

3 minutes ago, Fader said:

so nice to see Allen win in his home town. Higgins was brilliant. Thought that he had thrown it away at 8-6 down but that was brilliant and very tense.

+26pts with the 18/1 winner tonight. The match betting didn't go too well at the back end but the 18/1 and 16/1 quarter winner helped.

Thank you for your great tip and congrats to Mark Allen.  It's nice to see a fellow local winning on his home turf.