** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - October 11 - October 17

Arina Rodionova (+5) to beat Oksana Selekhmeteva at 1.86 with Pinnacle

I don't really see a reason to have the handicap so big here. Rodionova isn't a great player by any stretch, but she can typically hold her own against these young players. Selekhmeteva just doesn't have the results yet to be such a big favorite here in my opinion.

Friiitz :D what a match again.. didn´t have balls to play him just because Zverev f.. me up few times, when he was big favorite and I was against him. HC line 4.5 seemed too low if you look at Zverev win odds - 1.15-1.20. In match against Monfils he looked very good, unfortonately I just missed MP from Zverev, but otherwise he hardly could play better. Now he´s 1.53 against Basilasvili, no value I think..

On 10/14/2021 at 4:23 PM, darko08 said:

Alexander Zverev to reach the Final of the ATP Indian Wells at 1.72 with bet365

The odds for Sascha to win the ATP Indian Wells have dropped to 2.05 and it has no value at this point... But the odds for him to reach the Final are at 1.72, so I will go with this one. He will play against Fritz in the QFs. Fritz has won all his matches here in straight sets (Nakashima, Berrettini and Sinner), but his form before coming here was really poor. Moreover, neither Berrettini nor Sinner were playing good. I think Fritz is a little bit underrated for this match but I expect Sascha win it in 3 or 2 tight sets. In the SFs, he will play against Basilashvili or Tsitsipas. Tsitsipas is not playing well. He could have lost against Fognini (2-6, 6-3, 6-4) in the 2nd round, and he could have lost against De Miñaur in the 3rd round (6-7, 7-6, 6-2). De Miñaur was in a really, really bad form and that reflects how poor Tsitsipas has been playing recently. It's also hard to forget how he did in the US Open... Having said that, I wouldn't be shocked if he loses against Basilashvili. I saw a big part of Niko against Ramos. Ramos was serving for the match but he lost his opportunity to close it in 2 sets and then he was destroyed by Basilashvili's winners. Since the Olympics, Sascha has lost only 1 match (20-1), and that was a 5 set match against Djokovic (SFs of the USO).

Well, that has been my last bet/prediction. In terms of results, it has been a really good year, but I also have had to be dealing with a lot of punters "crowing" on my lost picks and I just got tired. The most annoying part is that all those punters are not even able to get good results here, so they just wait and appear in the right moment.

Since the Q. of the US Open started I have posted 23 bets and I have won 16 (16-7), That can be checked easily as all the bets are there. Well, in more than half of those lost bets I have seen some punter crowing on them. In relation to the 16 won bets, I haven't seen a single post commenting the match or the bet itself. It seems it doesn't matter how good I am doing that if I lose a bet there will be a punter to crow on it. It doesn't take a genius to realize what's the main purpose of all these comments. 

I'm not leaving the forum, I just won't post more bets and I will reduce my contribution here. 

GL to Czech, fourleaf, foo fighter, robinho, money and all the rest of the good punters here!

Vika to beat (-1.5 sets) Paula Badosa at 2.80 with Unibet

Here's what I've found written elsewhere:

Badosa has played brilliantly in this tournament, defeating two Grand Slam champions en route to the final - Angelique Kerber and Barbora Krejcikova. She will look to produce another upset and take down another Slam winner in Vika on Sunday.

The Belarusian is the more experienced of the two players and has triumphed at Indian Wells twice before. That may just give her the edge in this contest and help her emerge victorious for the third time in the California desert.

And well I'm going for this bet big time as I saw how bad Badosa and Jabeur played against eachother while there where literally no mistakes from Vika when she beat Ostapenko in the third set to reach the final.

4 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Vika to beat (-1.5 sets) Paula Badosa at 2.80 with Unibet

Here's what I've found written elsewhere:

Badosa has played brilliantly in this tournament, defeating two Grand Slam champions en route to the final - Angelique Kerber and Barbora Krejcikova. She will look to produce another upset and take down another Slam winner in Vika on Sunday.

The Belarusian is the more experienced of the two players and has triumphed at Indian Wells twice before. That may just give her the edge in this contest and help her emerge victorious for the third time in the California desert.

And well I'm going for this bet big time as I saw how bad Badosa and Jabeur played against eachother while there where literally no mistakes from Vika when she beat Ostapenko in the third set to reach the final.

Badosa was solid against Jabeur.

2.8 is too low for me to take this bet but good luck!

Indian Wells (USA), hard - Final - Norrie C. Vs Basilashvili N.

I think the odds flatter Norrie a bit, I had it down as a 50/50 match.

they both had equally tough routes to the final imo.

it should be a close match with both players at the top of their game right now.

I'm going for Basilashvili to win 2 sets to 1 @ 5.50 with Bet365

good luck all ?

Norrie vs Basilashvili 

I’ve got Norrie down as very slight favourite to win this one, so I’m surprised to him priced as low as 1.55. ?

Night time match as well so the lower bounce won’t see his forehand kicking out of Basilashvili’s strike zone as often as it did against Dimitrov. 

I’d have priced Basilashvili around 2.2 for this, so seeing him at 2.55 makes this a value bet for me ?

Basilashvili @ 2.55

As always let me know if you disagree!

20 hours ago, darko08 said:

Well, that has been my last bet/prediction. In terms of results, it has been a really good year, but I also have had to be dealing with a lot of punters "crowing" on my lost picks and I just got tired. The most annoying part is that all those punters are not even able to get good results here, so they just wait and appear in the right moment.

Since the Q. of the US Open started I have posted 23 bets and I have won 16 (16-7), That can be checked easily as all the bets are there. Well, in more than half of those lost bets I have seen some punter crowing on them. In relation to the 16 won bets, I haven't seen a single post commenting the match or the bet itself. It seems it doesn't matter how good I am doing that if I lose a bet there will be a punter to crow on it. It doesn't take a genius to realize what's the main purpose of all these comments. 

I'm not leaving the forum, I just won't post more bets and I will reduce my contribution here. 

GL to Czech, fourleaf, foo fighter, robinho, money and all the rest of the good punters here!

darko08, I hope you reconsider and keep posting your always well put, smart bets. As a matter of fact, I've always regarded you as my favorite punter. This isn't exactly praise I'm giving you (in some way it is since I said you're my favorite), it's just the reality, the truth; your win-loss ratio is outstanding. As I said, I just hope you reconsider man...

16 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Nope, the link with the odds. In general, copying isn't a good idea.

Sorry Czech, I just felt that I had to revisit this issue after your last comment. You make it sound like we get paid for contributing to this website, perhaps I need to remind you that this is not the case. In truth you are the one who always stands to gain from our contributions aside from the satisfaction we get from writing. I feel that there is a proper way to address people in this regard. I have now been on this site for many years and you should have figured out by now that I am not somewhat of an infinitessimal baby. Granted that I made a mistake in not editing the post completely before posting, it should not have detracted from my original intention which was to provide the visitors to the forum with information that turned out to be very vital and precise from the outcome of the results. You should have politely suggested that I edit and recheck my post before posting. Better still, there was nothing wrong in asking me to edit and repost knowing that in this business it is not very wise to compromise information. The problem was not copying but editing considering that copying is not a brainless exercise. So when you throw in a lose comment  such as saying that it isn't a good idea, It just comes out as being sarcastic and disrespectful.

I'm sorry that you feel that way. However, copying something from another betting site has always been a no-no, even if you edit it. I'm pretty sure that it's also breaking rules from that site, as nobody wants to get such info posted elsewhere without a link (which, in turn, is something we - or any forum on that matter as far as I know - allows). I respect everyone who posts his thoughts here, regardless of how much I agree or disagree with them. Note that by no means have I even thought of issuing a warning or anything, I did realize that you had no ill intention. If you think it was too heavy-handed anyway, I apologize. Thanks for the feedback as well.

5 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Sorry Czech, I just felt that I had to revisit this issue after your last comment. You make it sound like we get paid for contributing to this website, perhaps I need to remind you that this is not the case. In truth you are the one who always stands to gain from our contributions aside from the satisfaction we get from writing. I feel that there is a proper way to address people in this regard. I have now been on this site for many years and you should have figured out by now that I am not somewhat of an infinitessimal baby. Granted that I made a mistake in not editing the post completely before posting, it should not have detracted from my original intention which was to provide the visitors to the forum with information that turned out to be very vital and precise from the outcome of the results. You should have politely suggested that I edit and recheck my post before posting. Better still, there was nothing wrong in asking me to edit and repost knowing that in this business it is not very wise to compromise information. The problem was not copying but editing considering that copying is not a brainless exercise. So when you throw in a lose comment  such as saying that it isn't a good idea, It just comes out as being sarcastic and disrespectful.

I’m curious as to what information was vital to the outcome?

2 hours ago, Simplicity11 said:

2 hours ago, Simplicity11 said:

You have rephrased wrongly. lol! No information was vital to the outcome, rather from now knowing the outcome (results of both tips that we the subject of the write up) the tips were very vital.

33 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

You have rephrased wrongly. lol! No information was vital to the outcome, rather from now knowing the outcome (results of both tips that we the subject of the write up) the tips were very vital.

What were the tips? I’m genuinely curious as to what information you could’ve provided that wasn’t common knowledge.

Thanks

On 10/18/2021 at 6:09 PM, Simplicity11 said:

What were the tips? I’m genuinely curious as to what information you could’ve provided that wasn’t common knowledge.

Thanks

I only just returned back to the forum today to see your message and I am a bit confused as to what your point is. Firstly you entered the discussin between myself and Czech without having any idea of what was been talked about except propelled by the hunger of looking for a verbal contest. You started by attempting to misquote me to try to establish some sort of silly arguement and even when I correct you, you try to extend the matter by creating another variant. If you did not read what I originally posted why all this waste of words? And if you did read it what was common knowledge there? If knowledge was so common you would not have so intelligently picked Basilashvili over Norrie. You just need to laminate your mouth and stay out of people's businesses that does not concern you.

54 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

I only just returned back to the forum today to see your message and I am a bit confused as to what your point is. Firstly you entered the discussin between myself and Czech without having any idea of what was been talked about except propelled by the hunger of looking for a verbal contest. You started by attempting to misquote me to try to establish some sort of silly arguement and even when I correct you, you try to extend the matter by creating another variant. If you did not read what I originally posted why all this waste of words? And if you did read it what was common knowledge there? If knowledge was so common you would not have so intelligently picked Basilashvili over Norrie. You just need to laminate your mouth and stay out of people's businesses that does not concern you.

I’m not sure why you’re so angry. I’m just curious as to what information you could’ve provided to the forum that has since been deleted. 

As regards to the Basilashvili pick, if it was so wrong why not criticise before the match took place? Or do you always wait for the result before commenting? Also, where was your analysis after the Basilashvili-Tsitsipas match?