** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - October 11 - October 17

This Indian Wells results are strange, I´ll rather wait for next weeks when indoor hard CH continues.. where we can find better value bets ;) just one for today.

Melzer - Tirante 1 @2.22 with Marathonbet 

Tirante won challenger in Ambato, where he beat Austrian too. Last week Melzer got revenge by easy win (6:4 6:2). Tirante had problems in 2:1 win against Seyboth Wild in 1st round here in Santiago and it looks like he dropped in form a little bit.  This week they play on same courts, so this should be advantage for Melzer. In 1st round he won against Jarry in close match. In may he returned after 2 year break from tennis and now he shows again, how good player he is. Odds should be at least 1.75 on Melzer.

Alexander Zverev to reach the Final of the ATP Indian Wells at 1.72 with bet365

The odds for Sascha to win the ATP Indian Wells have dropped to 2.05 and it has no value at this point... But the odds for him to reach the Final are at 1.72, so I will go with this one. He will play against Fritz in the QFs. Fritz has won all his matches here in straight sets (Nakashima, Berrettini and Sinner), but his form before coming here was really poor. Moreover, neither Berrettini nor Sinner were playing good. I think Fritz is a little bit underrated for this match but I expect Sascha win it in 3 or 2 tight sets. In the SFs, he will play against Basilashvili or Tsitsipas. Tsitsipas is not playing well. He could have lost against Fognini (2-6, 6-3, 6-4) in the 2nd round, and he could have lost against De Miñaur in the 3rd round (6-7, 7-6, 6-2). De Miñaur was in a really, really bad form and that reflects how poor Tsitsipas has been playing recently. It's also hard to forget how he did in the US Open... Having said that, I wouldn't be shocked if he loses against Basilashvili. I saw a big part of Niko against Ramos. Ramos was serving for the match but he lost his opportunity to close it in 2 sets and then he was destroyed by Basilashvili's winners. Since the Olympics, Sascha has lost only 1 match (20-1), and that was a 5 set match against Djokovic (SFs of the USO).

2 hours ago, Link180 said:

What do people think of norrie v swartzman. I like norrie in this due to I think being bit more consistent, better head to head on outdoor hard. I also feel swartzman being a little lucky getting past Evans and even lucky to meet an injured/fatigued ruud. Ruud still managed to get break points though. Is swartzmans serve vaunerable? 

I’d be wary of Norrie, he’s had 3 back to back 3 setters in this tournament already and today will be another grind against Schwartzman. 

Both serves are vulnerable, Norrie has to contend with an elite returner, Diego will get few free points. 

Like CzechPunter said, I think this match is fairly priced so I’m staying away, but what do I know? ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, Link180 said:

What do people think of norrie v swartzman. I like norrie in this due to I think being bit more consistent, better head to head on outdoor hard. I also feel swartzman being a little lucky getting past Evans and even lucky to meet an injured/fatigued ruud. Ruud still managed to get break points though. Is swartzmans serve vaunerable? 

You saved my money today... Well, depends how we look on that... :)Because I still have Hurkacz on the ticket.

I read a lot of predictions for this match and this was probably only prediction with Norrie as suggested winner.

huge huge WIN for Norrie, I really didn't expect that...

16 hours ago, Torque said:

Looks like Tsitsipas has been battling a cold these last few days. That might explain his struggles in the last couple of rounds, but even without that he doesn't look in the best of form.

I looked third set against De Minaur and he looked very good. When I compare this tennis with Ramos vs Basiashvilli it looked like class above

7 hours ago, carina007 said:

I looked third set against De Minaur and he looked very good. When I compare this tennis with Ramos vs Basiashvilli it looked like class above

That might have had something to do with De Minaur running out of steam - pretty sure he was cramping in that final set.

18 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Tsitsi usually gets over the line though as is the nature of being a top 10 player.

That's true. You can only go to that particular well so many times though. At the moment, for whatever reason, he doesn't look right to me and with the way Basilashvili can play lights out every now and then, I wouldn't be surprised if Tsitsipas loses. I also wouldn't be surprised though if Basilashvili lost in a sea of unforced errors and so it's not a match I'll be getting involved in. If I were forced to bet on something, it would be a straight bet on Basilashvili rather than any handicaps as I think he'll either win or lose easily.

18 minutes ago, Torque said:

That's true. You can only go to that particular well so many times though. At the moment, for whatever reason, he doesn't look right to me and with the way Basilashvili can play lights out every now and then, I wouldn't be surprised if Tsitsipas loses. I also wouldn't be surprised though if Basilashvili lost in a sea of unforced errors and so it's not a match I'll be getting involved in. If I were forced to bet on something, it would be a straight bet on Basilashvili rather than any handicaps as I think he'll either win or lose easily.

In that case I put my money on Basilashvili @4.50