** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Oct 15th - 17th

• 2 weeks later...

West Bromwich(WBA) VS Birmingham City

Kick Off: 10/15/2021 15:00

West Bromwich(WBA)

After the beginning of the season, WBA immediately entered the best state. They achieved 6W-4D in the first 10 rounds but was beaten by Stoke City until the last round. The main striker Robinson kept his good state during the international competition and scored at least two goals for the Irish national team. It is believed that his return to the league can still bear the heavy responsibility of attack for the team.

Birmingham City

Birmingham played quite well at the beginning of the season and once felt that they had a chance to challenge the promotion qualifications. But Birmingham has gradually returned to their original shape recently. They have been failed to win in five consecutive rounds, during which they only scored one goal. Striker Hogan has scored three goals this season and performed fairly well. But the number one striker Jutkiewicz scored only one goal, and his delay in finding form is also one of the important factors for Birmingham's poor record.

Prediction

The overall strength and state gap between the two teams is obvious. WBA occupies the advantage of the home court and has sufficient confidence. The data also gave strong support to them from the beginning. WBA is expected to win this game.

Pick: West Bromwich(WBA)

Total: under 2 goals

West Bromwich vs Birmingham City

2021-10-15T21:00+02:00

West Bromwich

Doubtful: Robert Snodgrass (1/0 m), Rayhaan Tulloch (1/0 m), Ken Zohore (2/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Dara O’Shea (5/2 d)

Suspended: -

Birmingham City

Doubtful: Ivan Sanchez (2/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
West Bromwich
5 home games
Birmingham City
5 away games
2.0 Goals scored per game 1.4
0.8 Goals conceded per game 1.2
40% Clean sheets 40%
80% Team scored 60%
60% Team scored twice 20%
40% Scored in both halves 20%
60% Goal in both halves 60%

Swansea vs Cardiff

The first South Wales Derby of the season is set to take place at 12pm BST on Sunday afternoon with Swansea hosting Cardiff at the Liberty Stadium. This is arguably the least hyped up derby in a number of years with both suffering from poor league form and disappointing league positions so far this season. Winning or losing has never been more vital to either teams campaigns so early in a season.

Swansea were so close to sealing a return to the Premier League last season after losing in the Championship play-off final to Brentford but the grim reality of failure to do so has hit the club hard this season. A wealth of departures including multiple loan signings, key trio Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe, and Connor Roberts, and manager Steve Cooper left the club in disarray heading into this campaign. New gaffer Russell Martin has worked hard to bolster the squad and the additions of Joel Piroe, Michael Obafemi, and Olivier Ntcham plus the loan signings of Rhys Williams and Ethan Laird have done exactly that. The Swans are still down in 19th place with just 2 wins from their 11 league games but it's now just 1 loss from their last 6 league matches.

Cardiff are still an absolute joke of a club right now. It's now 5 defeats in a row in the league for the Bluebirds leaving the team in 20th position and just 3 points above the relegation zone. Mick McCarthy remains intent on not using any common sense when managing. The decision to start five centre backs against West Brom was expectedly brutally punished by the Baggies and despite a couple of adjustments made for the Reading game with a slightly improved performance we still fell short and suffered a 1-0 loss. The international break provided us with much-needed respite but the obvious issue still exists that we do not have the players to play the system McCarthy is implementing. Until that changes we will continue to struggle. Many fans feel if McCarthy loses this game he's gone. It's hard to argue. He got the best out of us against Swansea in the last derby game but so much has changed with this squad since then.

I often back a draw in derby matches and I am tempted to do so again with Swansea having drawn 4 of their last 6 league games. I do worry that this game is there for the taking for the home team. Both teams haven't scored in this fixture for the last 8 meetings and I'm not sure I can see that changing here. I'm going to put on my most optimistic face and back a draw because I can't bear to back Swansea to win but at the price being offered I would encourage you to do so if you're a neutral.

Draw @ 3.20 with Bet365

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.62 with Sport Nation