** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > October 2nd

Darran

I have 3 FA Cup possible upsets and a banker treble.

Bath City v Frome
A local derby and I think the Step 4 Frome have a fair chance of upsetting their Step 2 hosts. Bath have only won one game since winning their opening two league matches and that was against Braintree. One of their other wins came against current bottom side Billericay so they aren't exactly doing that well. They have also let in 14 goals in their last 5 league matches. They only beat Step 5 Shaftesbury 1-0 in the previous round as well. Frome are unbeaten in the league so far this season plus they beat Oxford City from Bath's league in the previous round so I think they have a fair chance of going through to the final qualifying round.

Folkestone v Gloucester City
No doubt if the home side win this then it will be described as an upset, but I always prefer to go via betting odds when saying if it is an upset or not and Folkestone are odds on to win this despite playing the level below my club. If Paul Groves had still be in charge of Gloucester then I would have left the game alone, but I just find the prices crazy really and I have to hope that new manager Lee Mansell can turn things around. I had a feeling that the players weren't playing for Groves so I do think that we will see an improved City performance here and ultimately they do have a better side. Folkestone are unbeaten in the league, but apart from Worthing on the opening day they have had a pretty kind fixture list. Blowing a 3 goal lead against Potters Bar last week was hardly ideal either. The weather is likely to play a big part as it is set to be very wet and very windy, but hopefully the quality of City will be able to win the day. The match has been priced up as if Folkestone are playing a mid-lower table side in their own division not a team from the league above.

Met Police v St Albans
The home side have quite a decent recent record in the FA Cup and I think they can continue their run here. They are having a decent season as they are still yet to lose in the league and have had to beat decent Step 3 sides in Lewes and Farnborough to get to this stage. I don't think St Albans are performing to the level that they were last season when they were bang in title contention before the season ended and whilst I would still have them as favourites I do think Met Police have a sporting chance of winning.

Treble
In the TV game at 12.30 on the red button Brackley really shouldn't have too many problems beating Hanley Town. I was surprised to see Boston at just 4/7 to beat East Thurrock because I do think they should be shorter than that as East Thurrock aren't that great at all. Finally Hampton & Richmond should have a comfortable afternoon against Wimborne. The treble pays 2/1.

Frome 1pt @ 4/1 with Bet365 (take up to 11/4)
Gloucester 1pt @ 9/4 with Bet365 (take up to 6/4)
Met Police 1pt @ 23/10 with Bet365 and Betfred (take up to 2/1)
Brackley, Boston, Hampton 1pt treble @ 2.2/1 with Betfred (take up to 6/4)