** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

N.H. Handicaps

As I wrote (can't exactly remember where), I have a National Hunt handicap selection method that has worked well for some time now and am willing to post selections after I have placed my bet. There are not selections every day, but the strike rate has been solid around 50% or so. Prices are decent (average around 3/1+). Hoping that it continues now posting on here.

Todays selection - bet365 - B.O.G.

4.05 Hex - Graystown - 9/2 ... lost ... fell 2 out when challenging for the lead.

Edited by Bang on

11 hours ago, Yalwen said:

Very unlucky yesterday with Graystown. Was going well enough with every chance when he fell. Thanks for posting your selections and, if you can maintain the strike rate and SPs, this must be a winner. Do you have any previous years’ P/L figures?

Thanks again and good luck.

I do have records for quite some time, BUT, I added an extra filter a while back ( made a big difference - reduced bets but not profit). Because of this I am not able to give completely accurate figures other than since the new filter was added. It does have the occasional 'blip' but is robust enough to cope. I personally back all of these myself as I have stated and I am well in front. Win run = 3, Lose run = 5 (once). An example is 'Air Hair Lair' (7/2) today, would have qualified but fails the final filter.

October total = -1 pt

No Qualifiers today

Air Hair lair won LOL. Won't be counted as not 'officially' a selection.

Edited by Bang on

On 10/1/2021 at 12:24 PM, Bang on said:

As I wrote (can't exactly remember where), I have a National Hunt handicap selection method that has worked well for some time now and am willing to post selections after I have placed my bet. There are not selections every day, but the strike rate has been solid around 50% or so. Prices are decent (average around 3/1+). Hoping that it continues now posting on here.

Todays selection - bet365 - B.O.G.

4.05 Hex - Graystown - 9/2 ... lost ... fell 2 out when challenging for the lead.

8 days later- Graystown wins at 10/3. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not posted for a while (personal reasons). The method is still doing ok. Will try to post but may not always be possible.

NOVEMBER

3 selections today. All prices are bet365 B.O.G.

2.00 Chep - Roseisaroseisarose -11/4 ... lost 2nd

2.20 Muss - Izzys Champion - 7/2 ... WON

2.50 Muss - Wynford - 9/4 ... lost 3rd (never put in race - non trier for me)

Edited by Bang on

No selections today,

3 were borderline selections but failed the final test. 

To give an idea, they were, 1.00 Kel - Brelan D'as(6/1) WON , 2.25 Winc - Une de la Seniere (5/1) lost, 2.50 Aint - Espion du Chenet (4/1) lost, BUT... no definite selections today.

Edited by Bang on

2 hours ago, tonythepaint said:

Excellent tipping Mr Bang On.

I've been following your thread and I think you've been a little bit unlucky on occasions.

On a nice little run at the moment.

Thanks,

you get good and bad runs regularly, hopefully I'm in front long term. Although I don't allocate variable stakes - I do increase stakes slightly after a few losers. I am not suggesting chasing losses, but a professional once told me that you should be firing on all cylinders when a winner comes along, not reducing stakes and licking your wounds.

Obviously you need to work from a decent betting bank, although I tend to paper trade ideas, and then drop anything that doesn't provide fairly regular winners.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Bang on said:

I do increase stakes slightly after a few losers. I am not suggesting chasing losses, but a professional once told me that you should be firing on all cylinders when a winner comes along, not reducing stakes and licking your wounds.

Yesterday was a good example of slightly increasing stakes, 4 losers on the previous day (1pt x 4 = -4pts), and a winner with the next selection at 3/1, with slightly increased stakes recovering the losses before reverting to 1pt again. ( It needs to be gradual and not cover to win).

1 selection today

2.35 Fos Las - To be Sure - 11/4 ... lost 2nd

Edited by Bang on