Announcements
** October Poker League Result : 1st avongirl, 2nd McG, 3rd Rhino_Power **
** October Naps Competition Result: 1st internetmails, 2nd Donnyflyer, 3rd vangovin, 4th Peter York. KO Cup Winner mickyftm32. Most Winners waggy: **

Selection Process

In Play Race Reader

Various I would imagine, some use systems , some try reading the form, some use their own ratings, some may even stick a pin or throw a dart. ?

Personally, I have my own methods (don't post all my bets on here). First step is to try and reduce the workload, it is impossible if you try and find the winner of every race.

15 minutes ago, Bang on said:

Various I would imagine, some use systems , some try reading the form, some use their own ratings, some may even stick a pin or throw a dart. ?

Personally, I have my own methods (don't post all my bets on here). First step is to try and reduce the workload, it is impossible if you try and find the winner of every race.

Dart and years of losing ?

Have tried many systems through the years and most have worked to a certain degree. Though none of them could give me what I wanted the most consistency. Nowadays I have a look through the racecards and try and spot my own likely winners. However each to their own whatever works for you.

Most systems will use the same information, LTO placing, days since a run, etc etc. Nothing wrong with that as an aid, but the masses use them and it can reduce the price making it difficult to make a profit. I would say that most 'systems', if followed to the letter, will fail over time.... especially if the 'formula' is shared and becomes public knowledge, as this leads to more people finding the selections and the average win price to reduce, making it unviable. 

My National Hunt system ( I recommend different systems/methods for different disciplines) is  still going strong after a good period of time. The very 1st rule is different to any other system I have seen ( and I have seen hundreds). As an example, this month, September, not a busy month for the Jumps, has seen 21 selections, of which 13 have won, at an average price of around 7/2, and a +41pts return to level stakes. This is quite exceptional, even for this system, but it does make good profits regularly. I may start a thread next month for these, as I always post after my bets have been placed.

Not all of my bets come from systems, some are found by following trainers in good form (winners not just running to form), an example was my NAP yesterday, a Gillian Boanas runner, a small stable who have had a few winners recently at very good prices (mostly double figs). SMALL STABLES in FORM are definitely worth a look.