** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Oct 2nd & 3rd

8 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

what do you reckon for Liverpool vs Man City?  Any tips for me?

Well, given current form, you'd be best avoiding anything I put up! :)

So you've got a fiver free bet to use, does it have to be on that game or is it just your preference? Also, do you have an price point in mind, given the stake size? I don't want to come up with a 2/1 shot if you're thinking 8/1 or bigger!

17 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Well, given current form, you'd be best avoiding anything I put up! :)

So you've got a fiver free bet to use, does it have to be on that game or is it just your preference? Also, do you have an price point in mind, given the stake size? I don't want to come up with a 2/1 shot if you're thinking 8/1 or bigger!

Yeah, it can only be on Liverpool vs Man City.  I know nothing about football, apart from how to play Fifa 21!  lol

31 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

Yeah, it can only be on Liverpool vs Man City.  I know nothing about football, apart from how to play Fifa 21!  lol

There will no doubt be a few write ups nearer the time. You could try a bet builder, e.g. both teams to score, <10 corners and Jesus to score pays 17/2. I have no strong views on the game at the moment. Leave it till nearer the time and there should be a few tips to choose from.

9 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:

@StevieDay1983 do you have any tips for Liverpool vs Man City?    I dont really follow football and I have a free £5 bet on Bet365.  

My gut instinct is to opt for the score draw but I'll see what the team news is looking like tomorrow. 4 of the last 6 meetings have seen over 2.5 goals scored but both sides look very sound defensively so it could be a low scoring one. 1-1 draw possibly if you have a free £5 bet?

Manchester United vs Everton

The Premier League action kicks off this weekend with a 12:30pm BST start on Saturday lunch-time when Manchester United host Everton at Old Trafford. This will be a clash between two teams that are very evenly matched in the league so far. A victory for either side could give their early season form a great boost yet a defeat could throw a spanner in the works of the positive results earned so far.

Manchester United pulled off a last gasp win against Villarreal in the Champions League in midweek to end a poor run of 3 defeats from their previous 4 matches. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer did need a 95th minute winner from Cristiano Ronaldo to seal the win. The Red Devils remain without centre back Harry Maguire so it'll be interesting to see how their defence copes with the challenge posed by the Everton front-line. This is a defence that hasn't kept a home clean sheet for 8 games now. If they make it a 9th here then it'll be the first time that's happened since 1971. The last 8 most recent league defeats for United have come on home turf. If you want an anytime scorer outside of the obvious Ronaldo then Bruno Fernandes has scored in all three of his appearances against Everton.

Everton are progressing well under the leadership of Rafa Benitez. The Toffees are in 5th place and just 1 point off the top of the table. They are also level on points with 4th placed United who are ahead on goal difference. Everton bounced back to winning ways with a 2-0 win over Norwich last weekend having suffered a defeat on penalties to Championship side QPR in the EFL Cup 3rd Round and losing 3-0 away to Aston Villa in their previous league games. The club's record against teams that finished in the top four last season isn't great with them winning just 2 of their last 42 away league games to those opponents. It is also not great news that Benitez himself has suffered 7 defeats in his last 9 visits to Old Trafford. Defensive frailties are an issue on their travels too with Everton conceding 10 goals in their last 4 away league matches. 

This is a heavily one-sided fixture when it comes to head-to-head meetings. Manchester United have only lost 1 of the last 14 meetings in all competitions. Everton have also managed just 2 wins in their last 29 league encounters at Old Trafford. United are proving hard to read again this season. Solskjaer continues to divide opinion and results remain inconsistent. This is the exact sort of game you feel Solskjaer might fall short in but Everton's record here and against United in general is so poor that I'm not sure I can justify backing them either. So I'll go for United to squeeze out a narrow win.

Manchester United to Win & BTTS @ 3.30 with William Hill

Anytime Scorer: Bruno Fernandes @ 2.98 with SBK

I'll be up early tomorrow to take a look at lineups, but in my eyes there is absolutely zero chance United do not win tomorrow.  United haven't lost at home to Everton in 8 years, and there will be tremendous pressure on them to get a result in this one after a piss poor performance midweek vs. Villareal which they were lucky to come out with a win.  United have injury concerns, but this is a big team and someone will without a doubt step up.  Everton on the other hand are in dire straits.  Richarlson is out, as is Calvert-Lewin.  Rodriguez is in the middle east, Coleman, Delph, Gomes out.  Hell, Pickford is a doubt.  This is a going to be a rag tag Everton side they put out.

United absolutely, desperately need a win, and honestly, I think they win this one comfortably, like a 2-0, 3-0 result.  This is the kind of game that United thump their opponent, only to lose next game out.  I rarely play United on the handicap, but I think a -1 (-125) is a good bet here.

I think you may find a nice price on ASG on the likes of Lingard or Cavani tomorrow, but I'm also look for cards for AWB and McTominnay.  If I find a good price, I'll post it tomorrow.

Burnley vs Norwich

One of the least exciting games scheduled for this weekend in the Premier League is the 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday between Burnley and Norwich at Turf Moor. Neither side has enjoyed a particularly good start to their top flight campaign and you have to say this is already looking a bit like a relegation six pointer. Can either team walk away with the 3 points or will we see a draw as dour as the weather expected?

Burnley continued their winless start to the season last weekend with a 2-2 draw away to Leicester. In all fairness, Sean Dyche's team were unlucky to not come away with the win but, again, it was a seemingly lack of fitness and focus until the final whistle that let the Clarets down. The Lancashire club have already suffered a blow ahead of this game with new signing Maxwel Cornet being ruled out with a hamstring injury. It's now a club record 13 home league games without a win for Burnley and they haven't managed to earn a win against the last 5 newly promoted sides that have visited this venue. Scoring goals at home is still an issue with Burnley only managing 16 goals in their last 22 home league games. If one man can be the difference then Chris Wood has bagged 5 goals in 4 appearances against Norwich.

Norwich already look in a dire state. Daniel Farke's side have lost every single game so far and the longer that run goes on the harder it will be for the Canaries to crawl out of it. The club are rock bottom of the Premier League and it's hard to see where that first win will come from. The latest defeat was an abject 2-0 loss away to Everton. The club is currently experiencing the second longest losing streak in top division history with the club just 4 games behind Sunderland's record. Their last 16 defeats, stretching back to their last stint in the top flight, has seen them lose by an aggregate of 40-3. If they lose here then they'll set a club record of 10 straight away defeats in the Premier League. It's also just 1 win from their last 25 Premier League away matches.

I'm under no illusion that this game could well be appalling but I await to be proven wrong. Burnley and Norwich have accumulated 2 points between them and both of those have come courtesy of Burnley. Both sides have been terrible but you feel Burnley have been the most likely to pick up a win thus far. Burnley have only lost 1 of the last 11 meetings and Norwich have picked up just 1 victory from their last 18 visits to this ground. I think a narrow Burnley win seems the best value.

Burnley to Win @ 2.00 with Mansion Bet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.00 with SportNation

Chelsea vs Southampton

The outcome looks fairly clear on paper in this next game that kicks off at 3pm BST on Saturday afternoon in the Premier League but is Chelsea versus Southampton at Stamford Bridge a foregone conclusion? Or will the home side who have now suffered back-to-back defeats struggle to find their way back to winning form? Surely the away team won't somehow steal a victory?

Chelsea were looking like champions-in-waiting earlier this season but two defeats in a row to Manchester City in the league and Juventus in the Champions League have started to raise questions about whether head coach Thomas Tuchel can get his side out of this rut. In reality, those were two very difficult games and it's probably not a massive surprise that the Blues got nothing from those games but the media loves to pick at a story. Chelsea are still in 3rd and just 1 point off the top spot. One big problem that remains for Tuchel is that influential central midfielder N'Golo Kante continues to self-isolate after his positive covid test. Reece James is also still ruled out but Mason Mount returns. Chelsea have not lost back-to-back home league games since December 2019. Interestingly, Chelsea have already lost 4 home league matches in 2021. They have not lost 5 home league matches in a single calendar year since 1995... and we still have three whole months to go! You might want to consider Romelu Lukaku as an anytime scorer. The Belgian striker has bagged 9 Premier League goals against Southampton. His best record against any club.

Southampton might be sat down in 16th place with just 4 points but Ralph Hasenhuttl's side have only lost 2 of their 6 league games. Unfortunately, the 4 points have been acquired through 4 draws so they remain without a league win so far this season. The good news is that history tells us Southampton avoided relegation on the previous three seasons when they failed to win any of their first 6 top flight league games back in 1985/86, 1996/97, and 1998/99. However, the Saints have lost 17 of their 28 Premier League games during 2021 and that's more than any other side. Scoring goals is still an issue that haunts Southampton from last season with them failing to win their last 8 league games stretching back to last season and not even scoring in 5 of those. It's also just 1 win from their last 16 Premier League away matches and that was against a demoralised Sheffield United last season.

You have to say that it's hard to see anything other than a business-like Chelsea win here. The combination of Tuchel's impressive defensive record with Chelsea and Southampton's impotency in front of goal means the win to nil option has to be backed. This is Southampton though and they always have a trick up their sleeve both in a positive way and a negative way. I can only deal with the stats I see before me though and a Chelsea win looks the bet to place.

Chelsea to Win to Nil @ 2.30 with BetVictor

Anytime Scorer: Romelu Lukaku @ 1.80 with Betfred

On 10/1/2021 at 1:12 PM, alexcaruso808 said:

@StevieDay1983 do you have any tips for Liverpool vs Man City?    I dont really follow football and I have a free £5 bet on Bet365.  

I got the same free bet and done a bet builder

BTTS..... Yes

Under 10 corners

Under 5 cards

Liverpool to win 3-1

Odds 85/1

Edited by MrJol
grammar

Leeds vs Watford

The third 3pm BST kick-off in the Premier League on Saturday is the game between Leeds and Watford at Elland Road. It's been a slow start for the home side this season but can they get back to winning ways against an away team who have shown they can provide stern opposition for any club at this level yet also have the inconsistency that could see them get rolled over.

Leeds have only managed to gain 3 points from their 6 league matches so far leaving the club down in 18th place. Marcelo Bielsa's side haven't been playing in a way that suggests they'll be staying down there for long with three of their games ending in draws and you could argue they deserve more points from the matches they've played. The Whites will be pleased that the trio of Diego Llorente, Pascal Struijk, and Raphinha are all fit to start. However, it's a triple blow with Patrick Bamford, Luke Ayling, and Robin Koch all ruled out. Failure to win here will see Leeds go winless in their opening 7 league games for the first time in 94 seasons.

Watford are currently mid-table mediocrity and after a lacklustre showing in their last Premier League campaign there is no doubt that their fans will settle for that. Xisco's side are in 12th place having picked up 2 wins, 1 draw, and 3 losses. It's hard to tell right now what this season will hold for the Hornets with their performances so inconsistent thus far. Peter Etebo's 5-month lay-off due to a torn thigh muscle is a blow. The team's 3-1 win away to fellow newly promoted Norwich last weekend ended a run of 8 straight away defeats in the top flight. Defensive stability is still a concern with the club now going 16 Premier League games without keeping a clean sheet. Ismaila Sarr is still the man to watch for Watford having scored 8 goals in his last 11 appearances for the club.

Interestingly, Leeds have only managed to win 1 of the last 10 meetings between these two clubs in all competitions. Watford have won the last three encounters between the two teams. They are also unbeaten in their last 5 visits to Elland Road scoring 16 goals during that period. I think a full strength Leeds wins this game without a doubt but the absence of Bamford is huge. I can't help but feel we could see Watford get something here but it's a close one. I think Leeds to win at the price on offer is far too short. I'm going to take a big risk and back Watford to get something here.

Watford Double Chance @ 2.25 with Sport Nation

BTTS @ 1.74 with Mansion Bet

Wolves vs Newcastle

The final preview for the 3pm BST starts on Saturday afternoon in the Premier League is an intriguing encounter with Wolves hosting Newcastle at Molineux. Both of these teams are hovering precariously over the relegation zone and even though it's early days it still feels like this has the potential to be a game that will have a big say in where these two sides finish this season.

Wolves are underdoing a period of transition under new head coach Bruno Lage. The era of Nuno Espirito Santo is over and it's been a tough adjustment for Wanderers and their fans. The club are down in 14th place with 2 wins from their 6 league matches so far. Both of those wins have come on the road and it was great to see striker Raul Jimenez bag his first goal since returning from the fractured skull injury in the 1-0 win away to Southampton last weekend. Lage will be keen to see Jimenez build on that goal because the team have only managed 3 league goals so far this season. Only bottom placed Norwich who are yet to pick up a single point have scored less goals with 2. 3 defeats from 3 home league games without a single goal scored at Molineux in the league this season means there is a monkey on the shoulder to shake off for Lage's side.

Newcastle find themselves slipping into that toxic state once again. Steve Bruce's men are down in 17th place and only outside the bottom three due to a slightly superior goal difference to Leeds. Using the word "superior" for Newcastle right now probably isn't appropriate though. The Magpies are still without a win in the league having drawn 3 and lost 3. There have been times when sparks ignite and you feel that this team has enough to stay up and even push on up to mid-table but then the majority of their play is disjointed, lacking fluidity, and generally awful. The 4-1-4-1 set-up Bruce is likely to favour in the continued absence of Callum Wilson really doesn't offer much optimism for the fans.

This is one of those games where you have to think that it's Wolves' game to lose. Newcastle might have only lost 1 of their last 4 but those 3 games where they haven't experience defeat have been draws where they've arguably been fortunate to come away with the single point. You feel Wolves could start to get the results to match their performances and if they get an early goal it could be a very one-sided game. They need to score though and that hasn't happened at home yet. Surely, it'll happen here!

Wolves to Win @ 1.78 with SBK

Anytime Scorer: Raul Jimenez @ 2.25 with Sport Nation

Brighton vs Arsenal

The 5:30pm BST kick-off in the Premier League on Saturday is a mouth-watering clash between in-form Brighton and a resurgent Arsenal at the Amex Stadium. The home side missed out on the chance to go top last week but remain in fine fettle heading into this game against an away team that experienced an awful start but have started to see their performances and results pick up.

Brighton come into this game in 6th place but only 1 point off the top of the league table. Graham Potter's side have been superb so far this season with just 1 loss from their 6 league games played. The Seagulls have lost just 1 of their last 8 matches at home in the league. The team notched up 5 wins during that period which was as many as they had managed in the previous 29 home games in the top flight. Defence has been key in their evolution under Potter with their 7 clean sheets in 2021 in the league only bettered by Manchester City and Chelsea. An interesting statistic is that Brighton have faced just 16 shots on their goal this season. Only Manchester City have faced less. The fact Neal Maupay has also scored with 44.4% of his shots this season shows they are being more clinical in the final third and that is making a world of difference.

Arsenal were nothing short of diabolical earlier this season. The Gunners were breaking all kinds of unwanted records after losing their first three league games of the season without scoring a single goal. Form has started to turn around for Mikel Arteta's side with 3 wins on the bounce including the 3-1 win over arch rivals Tottenham last weekend and two clean sheets kept in the previous two league games before that. Arsenal have still been a dangerous team on the road in general with 9 wins coming from their last 15 away league games. Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is also a potential for anytime scorer having bagged 5 goals in his last 5 appearances for the club. However, he has failed to score in his last 4 appearances against Brighton. Maybe it's time for that drought to end?

It was Arsenal who prevailed victorious in both of these fixtures last season. The Gunners are looking to win back-to-back league games against Brighton for the first time since 1981. If you'd have handed me this fixture a few weeks back I'd be backing Brighton to the hilt but Arsenal are starting to recover. I'm still yet to be sold on Arteta as the man to take them back to the glory days but he's got momentum right now and that has to be backed.

Arsenal Draw No Bet @ 1.82 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.85 with SBK

3 pm kickoffs.

For me Chelsea will beat Southampton. Just too good too organised. NO contest, and probably the home win to NIL or no to BTTS.

I think Leeds will lose at home to Watford. Watford are a decent team, with teeth. Leeds just to open. I expect Watford to win a high scorer 2-3 or 1-3

Norwich will lose probably 2-0 at Burnley. They are destined for relegation, and Burnley are just a difficult opponent. Would be going no to BTTS here, or home win and NO to BTTS.

Liverpool vs Manchester City

Kick Off: 10/03/2021 11:30

Liverpool

Ranking the top on the standing, Liverpool have been exceptional in the Premier League this season and are the only unbeaten team in the league at the moment. Liverpool managed to replicate their past performances with a 5-1 drubbing of FC Porto on Tuesday. Before that they were held to a 3-3 draw by Brentford the last match-day. Liverpool are also  in 10 competitive fixtures at home and have scored at least three goals in each of their last six games.

Manchester City

Manchester City sit the second place, one point below their title rivals at the summit. The Cityzens failed to overcome Paris Saint-Germain and suffered a 2-0 loss in the UEFA Champions League this week. Preceding of that game, they registered a 0-1 win on the road against reigning European champions, Chelsea. Manchester City have now gone five Premier League games without conceding since their opening-day defeat to Tottenham Hotspur

Prediction

A battle between the Premier League's most potent attack and most resilient rearguard should serve up yet another classic between the two clubs. Both teams are evenly matched on paper and are likely to share the spoils on Sunday. 

1X2 Pick: X

Under 2.5

Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa

Kick Off: 10/03/2021 09:00

Tottenham Hotspur

After rising to the top of the rankings after three games of the 2021-22 season, Tottenham Hotspur have now slipped into 11th in the table. They've lost three in the league since their last win, which came against Watford in August. They suffered successive 3-0 losses to Crystal Palace and Chelsea before falling 3-1 to arch-rivals Arsenal last weekend. However, they got a 5-1 win over NS Mura in the Champions League in midweek.

Aston Villa 

Aston Villa are currently eighth in the Premier League table with 10 points after six matches. Keeping the momentum going from a 3-0 drubbing of another in-form side in Everton, Villa's record of seven points taken from the last 12 matches. The victory against Manchester United was the perfect way to respond to three previous defeats away from home in all competitions this season.

Prediction

Though Tottenham Hotspur are in a poor states recently, they had won 13 of their past 16 appearances against Aston Villa. As such, expect a win for Tottenham this weekend.

1X2 Pick: 1

BTTS (Both Teams to Score)

Crystal Palace vs Leicester

The Premier League action kicks off on Sunday afternoon with a triple header at 2pm BST. The first of those games I'm going to preview is Crystal Palace versus Leicester at Selhurst Park. Neither of these teams have had the best of starts to the season with wins being hard to find but this game offers a chance for both teams to get a much-needed win and start to move on up the table.

Crystal Palace have endured a slow start to their season with the club in 15th place with 6 points from 6 league games. Head coach Patrick Vieira has made the Eagles a tough side to beat with just two defeats coming in that period and those losses being 3-0 defeats away to title contenders Liverpool and Chelsea. It's three games unbeaten at home in the league for Palace and if Vieira can make Selhurst Park a fortress then it gives them a good building block. Just 1 league victory this season under Vieira is a concern though and if they keep failing to turn those draws into wins then they could find themselves in a relegation battle. Another issue is the fact Palace have only had 14 attempts on goal this season. It is a division low and needs to be addressed. 

Leicester appear to be a shadow of the team that stormed to knocking on the door of the Champions League qualification places over the past couple of seasons. The Foxes are in 14th place with just 7 points from their 6 league games played so far. Brendan Rodgers will be keen to see his team start picking up more wins and moving on up the table. You have to wonder if their involvement in the Europa League is impacting on their league performances at all. Poor form has continued from last season mind with Leicester only winning 5 of their last 15 league games. It's also just 1 clean sheet in their last 12 league matches. Interestingly, both teams have scored in each of Leicester's last 10 away league games. One positive is that Jamie Vardy has scored 7 goals in his last 7 appearances.

Head-to-head records show that Rodgers has a hold over Crystal Palace having won 3 and drawn 1 of his matches against them whilst in charge of Leicester. However, Leicester have only managed 1 win of their last 5 visits to Selhurst Park. I'm not confident Palace have enough to win this game but I'm not sure Leicester are playing well enough to get a win so I have to back a score draw.

Draw @ 3.40 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.91 with Mansion Bet

Tottenham vs Aston Villa

The second 2pm BST kick-off on Sunday afternoon that I'm previewing is Tottenham versus Aston Villa at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. These are two teams that are experiencing contrasting periods of form right now and the question a lot of people are asking is how can a season that started so well for the home side suddenly be starting to go so wrong so very quickly?

Tottenham were top of the table and loving life after 3 wins from 3 matches which included beating reigning champions Manchester City by a 1-0 score. Nuno Espirito Santo's men have since lost three league games in a row and now sit in 12th place in the table having just recently lost 3-1 to their arch rivals Arsenal who have now leapfrogged them in the table. Harry Kane got back to goal scoring form in the Europa Conference League in midweek so the Spurs fans will be hoping that can ignite the England striker back into scoring regularly again. If Tottenham lose this game then it'll be the first time since 2004 that they've lost four league games in a row. They are also at risk of conceding 3 or more goals four matches in a row for the first time since 1958.

Aston Villa are enjoying a purple patch of form with 2 wins on the bounce in the league. Dean Smith has seen his defence start shutting up shop with those two victories seeing back-to-back clean sheets. Villa haven't won three Premier League games in a row with three clean sheets since 2009. In fact, the club's defensive record of 18 clean sheets since the start of last season has only been bettered over the same period by Manchester City and Chelsea who have 24 and 22 respectively. 5 of the team's 9 goals this season have come from set pieces and that is surely down to the appointment of set piece coach Austin MacPhee. Striker Danny Ings has 6 goals in 6 appearances against Tottenham so he could well be worth an anytime scorer bet.

The head-to-head statistic doesn't make for pleasant reading for Aston Villa fans with Tottenham winning 10 of the last 12 Premier League encounters. That being said, Villa did win this fixture 2-1 last season so there is hope for their fans that the tide is turning. You have to say that given Tottenham's current form that they are vulnerable right now and backing Villa to get something from this game could be worthwhile. I do feel Tottenham will turn this bad spell around at some point though but maybe the draw is the best value.

Draw @ 3.50 with Bet365

Anytime Scorer: Danny Ings @ 3.20 with SBK

West Ham vs Brentford

The final 2pm BST kick-off on Sunday afternoon comes from the London Stadium where capital city rivals West Ham and Brentford go toe-to-toe in what could prove to be a very exciting game. Both sides have got attacking threats in their ranks and we will see former Brentford attacking midfielder Said Benrahma line up against his old club? Will he come back to haunt them? It's football! Of course he will! :lol

West Ham look the real deal again this season and you can see how David Moyes is taking a lot of what he did at Everton and using that to influence his management here. The Hammers are in 7th place but could move into the top four if they win here. Defensive issues could force Moyes into making squad changes with right backs Vladimir Coufal and Ryan Fredericks both doubts to start this game. Home form has been class for West Ham in 2021 with their 26 points earned this calendar year only bettered by Manchester City and Tottenham. A win here would also give West Ham their best points tally after 7 top flight league games since 1983/84. Unfortunately, defensive stability is still an issue with the team only keeping 2 clean sheets in their last 17 league matches.

Brentford will be looking to continue their encouraging start to the season here. The Bees are in 10th place and will move up to 7th leapfrogging their opponents for this game if they win here. Thomas Frank's men could be just the 4th team to avoid defeat in their first 4 Premier League games since Hull back in 2008/09. Impressively, Brentford have only trailed in their league games for a total of 25 minutes this season. No team has been behind for less time in the top flight this season. Away form within London is still a problem though. The club have won just 2 of their last 13 away league games against other teams based in London with 6 draws and 5 losses coming in that period.

I can't wait for this game. I think we could see a firecracker of a game with so many sub plots in it. The last time these two clubs met in the league was way back in 1993 when West Ham won 4-0. This will be the first time they have faced each other in the Premier League but West Ham have lost to a team playing their first Premier League season on the last four occasions. I think this one is West Ham's to win though.

West Ham to Win @ 1.92 with SBK

Anytime Scorer: Said Benrahma @ 4.75 with SpreadEx

Liverpool vs Manchester City

It's the big one in the Premier League at 4:30pm BST on Sunday afternoon as title contending heavyweights Liverpool and Manchester City go head-to-head at Anfield. Both of these teams are still very much in the conversation when it comes to competing for the league title. A victory for either side here could deliver a huge psychological blow to their opponents but will either team get the win?

Liverpool have kept moving back in the right direction this season with the club sitting proudly on top of the league table at the start of this round of matches but now in 2nd place and 2 points behind Chelsea with a game in hand. Jurgen Klopp's men have yet to taste defeat in the league. 4 wins and 2 draws from their 6 league games has shown evidence that this is a team operating close to the level they were when they lifted the trophy in 2019/20. Their current unbeaten spell of 16 league games that stretches back into last season is the longest undefeated period of any club in the top four divisions in English football. A couple of impressive statistics heading into this game include Virgil Van Dijk remaining unbeaten in his 50 league games played at Anfield and Mohamed Salah scoring 4 goals in his last 5 appearances against Manchester City at Anfield. One bit of bad news for the Reds is that full back Trent Alexander-Arnold is ruled out with a groin injury.

Manchester City are still very much the reigning champions and favourites to retain their league title with a lot of people but we've already seen weaknesses exposed in Pep Guardiola's side with dropped points against Tottenham and Southampton in the league with the defeat to PSG in the Champions League compounded those substandard performances. Are the Citizens ruing life without Sergio Aguero or a replacement for him being brought in? There is good news though. City could equal their club record of earning 6 clean sheets in a row in the league. It's also 5 league games without defeat for City in the league. Unfortunately, Guardiola doesn't boast the best record against Klopp having lost 8 matches in all competitions against the German head coach down the years. On the selection front, City are expected to be without Ilkay Gundogan and Oleksandr Zinchenko for this game.

It was a one-sided affair when these two met in this fixture last season with Manchester City prevailing as 4-1 winners. Liverpool are in a far healthier situation now though so I'd be surprised if we saw a repeat of that. The Merseysiders have won just 1 of their last 7 meetings with City though. I'm not sure I can call a winner here so I'm going to bottle job it and go for the draw.

Draw @ 3.60 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.74 with SBK