** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Each way accumulator with Ladbrokes

JeffSaps

I had a 25 euro each way accumulator (50 total) with 2 bets:

2.10 York last Friday: Chairmanoftheboard @ 5/1 (Finished 2nd at 13/2) 1/5 3 places

Champions Tour Golf Pure Championship: KJ Choi @ 11/1 (Won) 1/4 5 places

I put it on with one of the Ladbrokes terminals. I went to collect there, and the bet returned 187.50 huh?

I was expecting at least to win all of the KJ Choi bet plus some extra for the 13/2 return on the placed horse, ie 50 something euro each way total on Choi. I noticed the terminal also said the horse returned at 5/1, so much for guaranteed prices Ladcrooks.

Can someone explain to me the return and why it wasn't at least 300? Thanks

For the record I will never bet anything at Ladbrooks again, I only went there as it is close to my house.

Edit: I used the Bet365 calculator to work it out, not sure how it works but they got the same total. I guess my idea of each way placed at 1/5 the odds at 5/1 does not return the stake. Annoying and ridiculous.

Edited by JeffSaps

6 hours ago, JeffSaps said:

I put it on with one of the Ladbrokes terminals. I went to collect there, and the bet returned 187.50 huh?

That's exactly what I make it from a quick stab on a calculator (based on 5/1 and 11/1).

I noticed the terminal also said the horse returned at 5/1, so much for guaranteed prices Ladcrooks.

Not sure, depends on the shop rules and whether any different for terminal bets. 

Can someone explain to me the return and why it wasn't at least 300? Thanks

This is how each way bets generally work, e.g. win to win and place to place. You placed a 25 euro win double that was a loser as only one selection won and a 25 euro place double that has been correctly settled for 5/1 and 11/1 at the stated terms. Your place odds were 2.0 and 3.75. 25 x 2 x 3.75 = 187.5.

You could have got a better return if you'd bet each way "equally divided" but I've no idea whether that would be accepted on a golf/horse double these days (probably not an option on a terminal, maybe at the counter but maybe only for horses). That would work like this:

25 points win on Choi returns 300 points, 25 points place returns 93.75, total 393.75. That is then split 50/50 win and place on the other selection returning 393.75 points. You get the same return if you do it the other way round, e.g. 25 points e/w on the horse returns 50 points, 25 e/w on Choi returns 393.75.

As I say, I have no idea of the viability of getting on "equally divided" these days. It's good when you have a winner and a place (as you have here) but returns less for 2 winners.

Found this under the "all shop rules" on PP under "invalid instruction":

"Selected shops take Equally Divided Each-Way bets. This will be clearly advertised in the shop. If the shop does not accept these bets, but these bets are accepted in error they will be settled as standard accumulator bets."

So some shops take it and some don't; I suspect it might be racing only in those shops that do take it.