** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 27th September

MCLARKE

BEST OF THE BEST SELECTIONS

B/FWD SEP -14.26 POINTS

These are not tips just a trial of the online media giant's selections

2.05 NAb Fifrelet 8/15 (8/13 LN)                                          Alt No Bet (1/2 in places)

3.42 NAb Hooper 11/10 steady DTR                                    Alt (1) 13/2

4.12 NAb Mick Pastor Ev  (4/5 LN)                                      Alt (2) 9/4 (was 3/1 LN)

1.20 Ross Trebizand  4/1 DTR (was 10/3 LN)                        Alt (4) 5/2 Fav steady

2.25 Bath Firth Of Clyde 10/11 DTR (was Evens LN)            Alt (1) 4/1 (was 3/1 LN)

There was one non-runner so now only 5 out of 38 selections = 13.2%

September running total = + 19.16 pts

A bit of a dilemma today. My selection process has thrown up a selection, and in the same race I have had a message for another horse. In order to keep my selection process honest, I will post the selection, and also mention the messaged horse (as I have backed it).

Todays selection - bet365 B.O.G.

5.30 Newcastle - Chichen Itza - 6/4

( The messaged horse is 'Hooked on you' 6/1 of Karl Burke's who I like with 2 year olds - I have backed Each Way )

Hamilton was abandoned at 10:00am. There was an inch of rainfall in 6 hours, and more expected. 

Like many, I prefer it when the going is GOOD or thereabouts. It could be that from now on there'll be more SOFT etc races right through to April. 

STANDARD is always a good standby, unless the roads are flooded and horseboxes can't reach the course. 

21 minutes ago, Bang on said:

September running total = + 19.16 pts

A bit of a dilemma today. My selection process has thrown up a selection, and in the same race I have had a message for another horse. In order to keep my selection process honest, I will post the selection, and also mention the messaged horse (as I have backed it).

Todays selection - bet365 B.O.G.

5.30 Newcastle - Chichen Itza - 6/4

( The messaged horse is 'Hooked on you' 6/1 of Karl Burke's who I like with 2 year olds - I have backed Each Way )

I've also been given Hooked On You mate and posted it in here earlier. Has a fantastic ped and if ready, could be a great shout. Good luck!

My Trixie today is:

2.55 Bath Confils 4/1

4.00 Bath Mostallim 15/8

5.35 Bath Lady ELysia 9/2

One £1 win Trixie = £4 = poss return of £136.74

Singles bets

1.20 Ros Trebizand £2 win at 5.52 = £8.86 profit if it wins

3.30 Bath Snow Berry (OM) £2 win at 5.5 = £8.82 profit if it wins

4.00 Bath Renbawi (JF/MJ) £1 win at 8/1

4.30 Bath Heart And Dust (LM/SMP) £2 win at 8.0 = £13.72 p if wins

5.00 Bath Swiss Pride (GR3/RT) £1 win at 10/1

Total stakes = £12.00

3 hours ago, Offramp said:

Hamilton was abandoned at 10:00am. There was an inch of rainfall in 6 hours, and more expected. 

Like many, I prefer it when the going is GOOD or thereabouts. It could be that from now on there'll be more SOFT etc races right through to April. 

STANDARD is always a good standby, unless the roads are flooded and horseboxes can't reach the course. 

I think there's to be more rain tomorrow in Ayr and Wolverhampton - the only flat races in the UK.  

7 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

All selections BOG....

1730 Newcastle Hooked On You 11/2 0.5pt e/w single (1pt total)

1455 Bath Plansina & 1735 Bath Lady Elysia (4 places) 14/1 e/w double (1.5pts total)

Few more up later. 

1pt lost on Hooked On You

The e/w double both placed for a return of 4pts. 

1.5pt profit from the two bets.

6 hours ago, Offramp said:

We've been quite lucky with the weather throughout the Summer with no too many meetings described as soft .

The first six weeks of October & November start of the jumps / end of the flat , horses needing a run & ones who are knackered after a long hard season sees me reign my bets in similar after Grand National meeting until middle of May I tend to do similar .

7 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

We've been quite lucky with the weather throughout the Summer with no too many meetings described as soft .

The first six weeks of October & November start of the jumps / end of the flat , horses needing a run & ones who are knackered after a long hard season sees me reign my bets in similar after Grand National meeting until middle of May I tend to do similar .

Do you bet on any racing in any other country, like Hong Kong or France?

18 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Been a great day today but not putting it towards my pts as didn't have time to get them up on here but around 8pts up in total. 

One more for tonight....

2030 Wolverhampton Royal Guard 5/1 e/w (1pt total) 4 places

Also having 1/4pt e/w (1/2pt total) on Rockley Point 8/1 4 places 

1.5pts staked in total on the race. 

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

BEST OF THE BEST SELECTIONS

B/FWD SEP -14.26 POINTS

These are not tips just a trial of the online media giant's selections

2.05 NAb Fifrelet 8/15 (8/13 LN)                                          Alt No Bet (1/2 in places)

3.42 NAb Hooper 11/10 steady DTR                                    Alt (1) 13/2

4.12 NAb Mick Pastor Ev  (4/5 LN)                                      Alt (2) 9/4 (was 3/1 LN)

1.20 Ross Trebizand  4/1 DTR (was 10/3 LN)                        Alt (4) 5/2 Fav steady

2.25 Bath Firth Of Clyde 10/11 DTR (was Evens LN)            Alt (1) 4/1 (was 3/1 LN)

There was one non-runner so now only 5 out of 38 selections = 13.2%

RESULTS UPDATE

The big 3 got 3 winners out of 5 today' one was a DTR at good odds of 4/1 booked price.  This gave them a 3.53 profit on the day and reduces the c/fwd deficit to -10.73

My alternative bets produced 1 winner from 4 selections at 4/1 so a one point profit on the day.  The carry forward here is -85.70

36 Races tomorrow with significant "going" changes so the results should be interesting

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

2.55 Bath Confils 4/1

4.00 Bath Mostallim 15/8

5.35 Bath Lady ELysia 9/2

One £1 win Trixie = £4 = poss return of £136.74

Singles bets

1.20 Ros Trebizand £2 win at 5.52 = £8.86 profit if it wins

3.30 Bath Snow Berry (OM) £2 win at 5.5 = £8.82 profit if it wins

4.00 Bath Renbawi (JF/MJ) £1 win at 8/1

4.30 Bath Heart And Dust (LM/SMP) £2 win at 8.0 = £13.72 p if wins

5.00 Bath Swiss Pride (GR3/RT) £1 win at 10/1

Total stakes = £12.00

RESULTS UPDATE

I am so glad that I put Snow Berry in as a single bet at least.  It seems typical to me that OM's best ride of the day should lose at 2/1 whereas his other ride won for me on the drift.  Oddly enough looking at the form of the race I don't understand how anyone could conclude that Kodi Gold should beat it.  Trebizond, from the big 3 scraped home by a head for me so my two singles winners gave me a profit of £8.03 on the day.  My new balance is £713.97 (Bank £1056.22)