Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Soi Bongkot, 2nd fischer21, 3rd chillymonster, 4th Pempi, 5th patriciamarc **
** October Naps Competition Result: 1st sirspread, 2nd kenisbusy, 3rd Artie77, 4th Mick33. KO Cup Winner: The Equaliser, Most Winners: CS333 **

Non-League Predictions > 25th September

Darran

Barnet v Weymouth
I would have had more confidence behind Weymouth if Harry Kewell was still in charge at Barnet, but he was sacked in earlier in the week and Dean Brennan has taken over for the time being. I would actually give Dean the job permanently as he is a good manager and there is a chance he could turn them around in time for this game, but Weymouth are too big a price not to back. Weymouth are playing well this season and after a poor first half against Dover they were much better in the 2nd half and they ought to have taken the 3 points. So I am wary of the new manager changing Barnet, but I still think Weymouth are bigger than they should be so I will take my chances.

Eastleigh v Woking
There is a slight concern that Woking will be a bit ring rusty coming into this as they come of the back of a Covid break, but I think they are a better side than Eastleigh this season. Eastleigh have only won once so far this season and that came against Dover last week. Woking could easily have come away from Wrexham with a point when they played their last league game and their 4-0 win over Torquay was very impressive. Hopefully they will be ready to get back into action straight away as they are a big price if they do.

Kings Lynn v Wealdstone
I am going to put Wealdstone again. I don't think they were at their best against Aldershot last week and although they were in front twice I don't think they deserved to win. Possibly that dip in performance levels came on because they were so good at Notts County on the Tuesday and hopefully they can get back to their best against Kings Lynn. Kings Lynn haven't played to two weeks and although they did well in the first half against Dagenham in their last game they weren't clinical enough. The odds just shouldn't be as far apart as they are so Wealdstone rate as a bet for me.

Maidenhead v Grimsby
I'm pretty keen on Grimsby here who are looking like title contenders so far this season. Paul Hurst knows what it takes to get out of this league and he has got himself a squad capable of doing it. Maidenhead are giving their opponents plenty of good chances as an xG of just over 2 shows. Stockport and Notts County kept them very quiet and they only had one shot on target across the two games. Grimsby are doing very well defensively as opponents have an average xG of just 0.76 and Eastleight didn't even have a shot on target against them last week. After only scoring 1 in their first 2 games they have scored 12 in their next 4 so with Maidenhead gifting their opposition plenty of good chances Grimsby should have plenty of chances to add to those goals and I think they should be odds on. 

Whitby v Hyde (Northern Premier League)
Jim Gannon didn't get off to a good start as Hyde manager as they lost 6-1 to Morpeth in the FA Cup. Things have got much better after that though as they have beaten Nantwich and Stafford whilst performing creditably against South Shields when losing 2-1. Granted they travel to a Whitby side who have won every game but 1 this season so it wont be easy for Hyde, but I certainly think they are over the odds based on their performances under Gannon.

Weymouth 1pt @ 21/10 with William Hill and Skybet (take up to 7/4)
Woking 1pt @ 21/10 with BetVictor, Betfred and Skybet (take up to 7/4)
Wealdstone 1pt @ 5/2 with Bet365 (take up to 7/4)
Grimsby 3pts @ 13/10 with BetVictor, Betfred and William Hill (take up to 4/5)
Hyde 1pt @ 23/10 with BetVictor (take up to 15/8)

Chesterfield v Torquay: 15 points on <40 booking points at 5/6 and 6 on <30 at 2/1, both Sky Bet

Also had scraps on the following with 365; <3.5 AH cards at 1.95 and <3.5 cards at 5/6, both teams to receive a card "no" at 13/8.

Ref Copeland averages an unusually low 22.86 points over his 28 games in this division. 21 of those games went <40 points and <3.5 cards. Bizarrely, 20 also went <30 points as well (one game hit 35 points with a yellow and a red but he's yet to show 3 yellows for exactly 30 points in any of his games).

In 15 of his games he's shown 0 or 1 cards, hence the appeal of the 13/8 for both teams not to be shown a card. (There may be games with 2 or more cards where they all went to the same team as well).

Anything could happen here but, based on the spreads (38-40 points) these prices are fair at worst. Throw in the ref's stats and they look appealing. That's assuming he doesn't turn into a beast in front of the cameras! :)