** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Sep 24th & 25th

West Bromwich(WBA) VS Queens Park Rangers (QPR)

Friday,Sep 24 2021 15:00

West Bromwich(WBA)

WBA will play this game after the 1-1 draw with Preston North End. Their unbeaten record in the Champions League this season has expanded to nine games, and they have not lost the last four home league games. They currently ranks 3rd in the list. In the past few weeks, they did not show their fierce attack for drew with Millwall, Derby County and Preston in low points.

Queens Park Rangers (QPR) 

In their previous games, QPR drew 2-2 against Everton in the EFL cup. Although they ranks 8th in the table, they have the second best offense record in the game. However, their defense is not very good, the have conceded nine goals in the last four games. They fail to win in the past two league games with WBA.

Prediction

WBA was the more successful side in the recent history of the game with QPR for winning three of last four games and scoring at least two goals per game. For the visiting team, two difficult games in three days may not be physical enough for them. WBA is expected to win this game.

Pick: West Bromwich(WBA) to win

Total: Over 2.5/3 goals

Coventry City VS Peterborough United

Friday,Sep 24 2021 14:45

Coventry City

Coventry City entered the game after the 1-1 draw with Millwall. Five victories have been achieved in eight games. They have remained unbeaten at home in the last five games. Coventry know that if they win this home game on Friday night, they may to top the championship.

Peterborough United

After losing four consecutive games, Peterborough United won the last game by beating Birmingham City 3-0, which keeping them away from the bottom of the table. They have not won in the past four away league games. Although their defense record is still the second-worst in the division, their first game without concede of the season should provide more confidence for the team.

Prediction

Coventry City has not been defeated in the last five league games against Peterborough United. Coventry performed particularly well in the home game against Peterborough, with 5W-2D. In short, Coventry City is expected to win this game.

Pick: Coventry City to win

Final Result: 2-0, 2-1

Blackburn vs Cardiff

The Championship action ploughs on at 3pm BST on Saturday when Blackburn play Cardiff at Ewood Park. The two clubs are in the thick of the play-off contention melee even at this early stage of the season so it's going to be an interesting clash here. Can either side do enough to take all 3 points or will we see the two evenly-matched teams nullify each other and end up in a draw?

Blackburn find themselves in 6th place after 8 league games showing that the club have adapted well to life after Adam Armstrong. The former Newcastle striker and last season's top scorer sealed a move to Premier League side Southampton during the summer transfer window and there were question marks over how Rovers could replace the 28 league goals he scored. That question still technically remains with the club's top scorer Ben Brereton Diaz only managing to bag 3 goals so far but Tony Mowbray's side are getting the results needed to move on up the table. Just 1 defeat in the league this season shows Rovers have become a tough team to break down. However, 3 draws from the last 4 league games is evidence that they are finding it hard to push on and secure all 3 points in recent matches.

Cardiff were as disappointing as I expected against Bournemouth last weekend. In fact, the Bluebirds were probably even more disappointing than I anticipated given they didn't even score. As I said previously, this system Mick McCarthy is persisting with needs to be scrapped. We are playing 5 at the back yet only kept 1 clean sheet in 8 league games, we have three bodies in the centre of midfield yet continue to get overrun in the middle of the park, and we have no players that can fully utilise the wing backs or attacking central midfielder roles. Something needs to change. It's now 4 losses from the last 5 competitive games and it doesn't look like improving any time soon. Actually, I think we're getting worse. We are somehow still in 10th but with just 3 points separating us and 19th place we could start free falling down that table soon.

I'm worried for Cardiff right now. We are awful to watch and where as before McCarthy was getting results it seems he's out of ideas now. I get that he wants to keep the back three of Aden Flint, Sean Morrison, and Curtis Nelson but we have to sacrifice that to evolve in a positive way. I think the only thing that could save us here is Blackburn's lack of ability to kill games off. There have been 4 draws in the last 5 meetings and I wouldn't be surprised to see another draw here but think Blackburn are the slight favourites and will win if they take their chances. I'm just not sure they will.

Draw @ 3.50 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.84 with SBK

West Bromwich vs QPR

2021-09-24T21:00+02:00

West Bromwich

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Dara O’Shea (5/2 d), Matthew Clarke (3/0 d)

Suspended: -

QPR

Doubtful: Sam McCallum (4/2 d, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Sam Field (0/0 m), Lee Wallace (3/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
West Bromwich
4 home games
QPR
4 away games
75% Over 1.5 goals 100%
50% Over 2.5 goals 100%
50% Over 3.5 goals 50%
25% Over 4.5 goals 50%
0% Over 5.5 goals 25%
25% Under 1.5 goals 0%
50% Under 2.5 goals 0%