** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Sep 18th

Cardiff vs Bournemouth

The Championship action continues on Saturday with a full fixture schedule. Cardiff play Bournemouth in a 3pm BST kick-off at the Cardiff City Stadium. Unfortunately, I can't make it because I booked tickets to see Eric Prydz and Camelphat down Cardiff Bay before the fixtures came out but I'm sure it'll be another underwhelming affair for the home fans as they face a stern challenge in the visiting team that are big promotion contenders.

Cardiff performed exactly as I expected them to in midweek away to Coventry... terribly. Everything I mentioned in my preview earlier in the week was evident. Players not being good enough playing in a system that doesn't suit them. There still appears to be no willingness from Mick McCarthy to address these issues. It's almost as if he's been told to tread water. It's thoroughly depressing. The Bluebirds are still somehow 9th in the Championship table but it is 3 defeats from their last 4 matches across all competitions. That solitary win being against a very abject Nottingham Forest and even then we committed daylight robbery by getting the win. It's also now 7 home games in a row where we have conceded showing that we continue to leak goals.

Bournemouth were always a team I enjoyed watching and with us having a holiday home down in Poole growing up I always had a soft spot for them. Sadly, Jonathan Woodgate and Scott Parker have turned them into a nasty side who seem to get involved in petty scraps and kafuffles every other game. To be fair, it's an aggressive edge the team probably needed after relegation from the Premier League. The Cherries came close last season missing out in the play-off semi-finals but they still boast a squad that is ready-made for the Premier League. The team have won 4 and drawn 3 of their opening 7 league games under Parker to start their season unbeaten but they are still down in 3rd with that impressive record with Fuham and West Brom ahead of them. Scoring goals isn't a problem for a Bournemouth side that have bagged at least 2 in 6 of their 7 league matches.

Head-to-head meetings show that Cardiff have the superior record over recent years. Cardiff have lost just 1 of the last 5 meetings and are unbeaten in the previous 3 encounters. In fact, Bournemouth haven't won a league game in Cardiff since 7th March, 2000 when Bournemouth won 2-1 in a game from the old Division 2. A lot has changed since then and I fear we could see Cardiff's weaknesses get very publicly exposed by a team that has more quality, more confidence, and more tactical solidity than ourselves.

Bournemouth to Win @ 2.70 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.91 with Mansion Bet

Hull City vs Sheffield United

2021-09-18T13:30+02:00

Hull City

Doubtful: George Honeyman (0/0 m, probably in), Alfie Jones (3/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Sheffield United

Doubtful: Jayden Bogle (2/0 d, illness), Ben Davies (2/0 d), Enda Stevens (0/0 d), Iliman Ndiaye (2/2 m), Lys Mousset (1/0 f), David McGoldrick (4/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): -

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Win/Draw/Lose
Hull City
3 home games
Sheffield United
3 away games
0% Win 0%
33% Draw 67%
67% Lose 33%
0% Win and over 1.5 goals 0%
33% Lose and over 1.5 goals 33%
0% Team won first half 0%
67% Draw at half-time 67%