** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

English Open

Fader

English Open qualifiers get started tomorrow. 6 days of qualifiers for the event, which gets underway November 1st. Looking through the qualifiers, over the coming days, there are a few I like the look of.

I've gone against 3 chinese guys here and partly that's just the form of the other guy. It's also a matter of distance that these guys will be having to travel and past results at the British/English events. I think Devlin has a chance against Stevens at small stakes. I'll also chuck in a point accy.

5.5pts D.Dale to beat C.Bingyu 8/11 paddypower
5pts J.O'Connor to beat P.Junxu 4/5 paddypower
6pts O.Lines to beat Z.Anda 5/6 paddypower
2pts P.Devlin to beat M.Stevens 7/2 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - Dale / O'Connor / O.Lines & Holt & Heathcote 18/1 paddypower (1 loses, money back)

On 9/16/2021 at 12:14 PM, Fader said:

English Open qualifiers get started tomorrow. 6 days of qualifiers for the event, which gets underway November 1st. Looking through the qualifiers, over the coming days, there are a few I like the look of.

I've gone against 3 chinese guys here and partly that's just the form of the other guy. It's also a matter of distance that these guys will be having to travel and past results at the British/English events. I think Devlin has a chance against Stevens at small stakes. I'll also chuck in a point accy.

5.5pts D.Dale to beat C.Bingyu 8/11 paddypower
5pts J.O'Connor to beat P.Junxu 4/5 paddypower
6pts O.Lines to beat Z.Anda 5/6 paddypower
2pts P.Devlin to beat M.Stevens 7/2 paddypower
1pt accy - Dale / O'Connor / O.Lines & Holt & Heathcote 18/1 paddypower (1 loses, money back)

Just Dale losing of the single bets. O'Connor and Lines win easy and Devlin beats Stevens

+9.5pts

• 1 month later...

Into the English Open this morning and there a few that I want to go with as outright tips beforehand. 

1.5pts e/w Y. Bingtao to win English Open 28/1 willhill
1.5pts e/w C. Yupeng to win English Open 50/1 paddypower
1pt e/w A. McGill to win English Open 50/1 paddypower
1pt e/w G. Wilson to win English Open 80/1 willhill
1pt e/w R. Walden to win English Open 80/1 willhill
---------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w J. Robertson to win English Open 125/1 paddypower

One for me today and the first is Saengkham to beat Wilson. Saengkham is playing some nice stuff right now and has recently beat the in-form Higgins He also beat Wilson 4-0 the last time they played, in 2018. He has only lost 2 matches this season and that's to players bang in form (J.Robertson and Page after going 3-1 up) Kyren is the rightful favourite but he does throw the odd weird one in, like losing to Hugill at the British Open.

4pts Saengkham to beat K.Wilson 2/1 bet365

Once again not a whole lot screams out today. One I do like though is Jamie Clarke to beat Mark Joyce. I laid Joyce last week against Jiankang and despite 3-0 up against Jiankang, Jiankang went on to win. Joyce was awful in reality and didn't hit one 50+ break. He hasn't won a match since the Championship League (P5 L5) and he's hit 2 50+ breaks in those 5 matches and it was against Surety.

6pts J. Clarke to beat M. Joyce 5/6 bet365
2pts J. Clarke (-1.5 frames) to beat Joyce 6/4 paddypower
1pt accy - Yize, Davis, J.Robertson & Clarke 25/1 paddypower (money back 1 loses)

13 hours ago, mikeymike10 said:

Muir evens tomorrow ?

It's a tough one that. I think at first glance Muir looks the value and maybe he is but what puts me off is some of the results Yize has had, like beating Holt, when Holt hit a century and 3 50+ breaks. He's also beaten Maflin this season. Saying that, Muir has taken 2 frames from Ford and Selby and beaten Day but the better scorer seems to be Yize. Good luck

In terms of the later matches there a few playing well but they come up against better players. Such as Akani, who is playing well but I don't think he  beats Neil Robertson in a decent event. I may take Donaldson against Gould. Nothing for now. Good luck.

I'll take Bingtao to beat Gilbert today. Both men are in decent form but it's Bingtao who I think will come through. I think he has a great chance of going far in this event. I'll also take Wakelin +2.5 against Selby. Wakelin is playing some great stuff and already has beaten Selby this year. I'll take that bet in an accy.

5.5pts Bingtao to beat Gilbert 10/11
1pt accy - Wakelin +2.5 / Bingtao / King -2.5 / Over 5.5 frames Hang Vs Brecel 9.5/1 paddypower (money back if one loses)

A good win for Bingtao (+4pts) and then he beat Selby to line up a Quarter Final spot with Higgins. Today's Quarter-Finals :

Trump Vs King
O'Sullivan Vs Brecel
K.Wilson VS N.Robertson
Higgins Vs Bingtao

Trump has only dropped 5 frames in his 4 matches here but you wouldn't say he is by an means, at his best. I think King has played some really good defensive snooker and has pulled off some good wins over Maguire and Ford. I'm not sure he beats Trump today but I was tempted by the +2.5 frames at 6/4. It's a "first to 5" now, so King would need 3.  The bet I like as a single bet though is Kyren Wilson to beat Robertson. I watched Robertson Vs Davis lastnight and Davis should have won it. 2-0 up. 3-2 up. On the table at 3-3. He just didn't play well enough but Robertson didn't look himself and Kyren has played some great stuff this week. He has also beaten Neil twice already this year and won the last 3.

The other single I like is Higgins -1.5 to beat Bingtao. Obviously, I want Bingtao to win as I have him as an outright pick but his snooker hasn't been to the level of Higgins. Higgins has been brilliant recently and I think alot of it is to do with the new fitness regime. Since he started it and he has some stamina in these tournaments, he has made the final of the NIreland Open, which he lost on a deciding leg and now has made the Quarter Finals here. I can see Higgins making the final of this event.

4pts K.Wilson to beat N.Robertson 11/8 betway
5pts J.Higgins (-1.5 frames) to beat Bingtao 11/10 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------------------
1pt accy - King +2.5 / K.Wilson / Higgins -1.5 11.5/1 paddypower

Kyren Wilson absolutely bottled it on the final frame, there. 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 4-3 up and yet you always had a feeling that he'd bottle it. Especially as the 12/1 accy would have come in. Higgins was 4-0 up and then started playing like the old drunk down the local. 4-0 soon become 4-3. Higgins then closed it out for 5-3. Cheers Wilson though, ya clown.

+0.5pts.

Wilson's never been a favourite of mine, he was complaining that he should be first choice for playing on the tv tables - never won anything of note but has a high opinion of himself!

Lord knows how King beat Judd and is 4-2 up on Robbo at the moment!

Christ, Mark King is shite, I'll be amazed if he wins this!

Edited by charliepie

1 hour ago, charliepie said:

Wilson's never been a favourite of mine, he was complaining that he should be first choice for playing on the tv tables - never won anything of note but has a high opinion of himself!

Lord knows how King beat Judd and is 4-2 up on Robbo at the moment!

Robertson has played terribly that's the reason King is ahead. 4-3 now and King hasn't even had a 50 break.

4 minutes ago, Torque said:

Robertson has played terribly that's the reason King is ahead. 4-3 now and King hasn't even had a 50 break.

Trump wasn't much better. Both Trump v King and now Robertson v King is a reminder that in any contest involving two participants you don't need to be the best. Just the least bad - which is what King was against Trump and what he's been so far against Robertson.