** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 13th September

September running total = + 21.96 pts

Quite a busy day for a Monday, with a few selections.

Todays selections - bet365 - B.O.G.

1.45 Worc - Write it Down - 11/4 ... lost 3rd

2.40 Bri - Zain Nibras - 9/4 ... WON

4.25 Bri - Yanifer - 7/4 ... lost 2nd

7.15 Kemp - Cry Havoc - 10/3 ... lost

1 winner, 3 losers, and a small 0.75 pt loss.

September now = + 21.21 pts

Edited by Bang on

17 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:

Brighton

2.10 - Great News - 5/2 - win 

5.00 - Olivia Mary - 7/2 - win

5.30 - King Crimson - 7/2 - win

I decided to get in early, in the hopes I could get some decent odds on bet365.    Good luck all.

They appear to have drifted. I have noticed this myself, prices taken the night before often seem to drift. What is the best time to take a price ?

7 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

They appear to have drifted. I have noticed this myself, prices taken the night before often seem to drift. What is the best time to take a price ?

Good question!  I think it's good to try and get the following days bets on late afternoon or early evening, preferrably before the current days races have finished.  Why you might ask....  Well, I surmise that most punters are still concentrating on the current day's racing and aren't too concerned about what tomorrow will bring.  

I see this morning that Oliva Mary and King Crimson had lengthed in odds - I cashed out for a small loss and placed bets at a higher odds. 

Edited by alexcaruso808

Thirsk

1.30 contactless 10/1 :wall

2.00 twelve diamonds 16/1

3.40 florenza 14/1

4.50 marvel 10/1

Worcester

1.15 cloud formation 40/1 placed:nana

1.45 double court 20/1

Kempton

4.45 cheese the one 9/1

5.45 ardita 33/1

all bets 50p e/w bet365

Edited by LEE-GRAYS

BEST OF THE BEST  SELECTIONS TODAY

3.30  Bri Hooves Like Jagger 4/2                                               Alt (3) 13/2

1.30 Thsk Woodlands Charm 9/2                                              Alt (2) 15/2

2.00 Thsk Manumission 5/2 DTR                                               Alt (5) 15/2

2.30 Thsk Bartzella 1/4 DTR                                                       Alt No Bet

3.05 Thsk Hesperis  11/8 DTR                                                   Alt (3) 7/2

3.40 Thsk Lady Rockstar Evens                                                 Alt (3) 10/1

1.15 Worc Head On 9/5 DTR                                                    Alt (1) 13/2

1.45 Worc Regaby 4/1                                                             Alt (7) 3/1

2.20 Worc Jemima 7/4 DTR                                                      Alt (4) 5/1

2.50 Worc Bathiva 9/4                                                             Alt (4) 9/4

3.25 Worc Fifrelet 6/5                                                              Alt (6) 15/4

4.45 Km Buxted Reel 9/4                                                         Alt (3) 9/4

5.45 Km Dark Terms 7/2                                                         Alt (4) 8/1

8.15 Km Urban Forest 9/2                                                      Alt (2) 7/2

It will be interesting to see how the jumps compares with their flat alternatives with these selections

14 selections from 30 races = about 47% no doubt influenced by jumps racing today

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today based upon the Big 3 selections are:

1.45 Worc Regaby 7/2

2.50 Worc Bathiva 9/4

8.15 Km Urban Forest 9/2

One £1 win Trixie = £4.00 = poss return of £137.66

Will post up the big 3 selections now.  Wanted to publish my Trixie first as my first selection is due off in 10 mins

No luck with the Trixie so a couple of singles for later

5.45 Km Dark Terms (HD) £2 win at 7/2

8.15 Km Urban Forest (WB) £2 win at 9/2

£8 total spend so far

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

BEST OF THE BEST  SELECTIONS TODAY

3.30  Bri Hooves Like Jagger 4/2                                               Alt (3) 13/2

1.30 Thsk Woodlands Charm 9/2                                              Alt (2) 15/2

2.00 Thsk Manumission 5/2 DTR                                               Alt (5) 15/2

2.30 Thsk Bartzella 1/4 DTR                                                       Alt No Bet

3.05 Thsk Hesperis  11/8 DTR                                                   Alt (3) 7/2

3.40 Thsk Lady Rockstar Evens                                                 Alt (3) 10/1

1.15 Worc Head On 9/5 DTR                                                    Alt (1) 13/2

1.45 Worc Regaby 4/1                                                             Alt (7) 3/1

2.20 Worc Jemima 7/4 DTR                                                      Alt (4) 5/1

2.50 Worc Bathiva 9/4                                                             Alt (4) 9/4

3.25 Worc Fifrelet 6/5                                                              Alt (6) 15/4

4.45 Km Buxted Reel 9/4                                                         Alt (3) 9/4

5.45 Km Dark Terms 7/2                                                         Alt (4) 8/1

8.15 Km Urban Forest 9/2                                                      Alt (2) 7/2

It will be interesting to see how the jumps compares with their flat alternatives with these selections

14 selections from 30 races = about 47% no doubt influenced by jumps racing today

Are these the '3 Tipster' bets ?  Is one the Racing Post Rating top rated ?

3 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I have pondered this price fluidity for quite a while, i have two thoughts which may seem a bit obvious, 1st-early prices coupled with BOG makes the bookies play safe when pricing the night/day before, 2nd they don't really have market forces to help them. So i concluded overall that if or as long as you have BOG then it is advantageous to play early just on the best of both worlds basis. i could break down the favs v bigger price aspect but even that is fluid although i have noticed that the bigger prices often contract/expand more often than the favs.

20 minutes ago, Bang on said:

Are these the '3 Tipster' bets ?  Is one the Racing Post Rating top rated ?

Yes.  Sorry for any confusion.  It is only where you see me write DTR that they include RP Top rated.  This is because I tie in Timeform Top rated to state DTR  (Double Top Rated) .  Please PM me if you want the breakdown, I don't like blabbing all this out on a public forum. 

I'm off out atm to see my wife in hospital so won't  be back until later

22 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Yes.  Sorry for any confusion.  It is only where you see me write DTR that they include RP Top rated.  This is because I tie in Timeform Top rated to state DTR  (Double Top Rated) .  Please PM me if you want the breakdown, I don't like blabbing all this out on a public forum. 

I'm off out atm to see my wife in hospital so won't  be back until later

I hope your wife is ok mate.  Take care.

3 hours ago, fd1972uk said:

Woodland Charm beat earlier double (at work so didn't have time to post selections) and just there the News wasn't really great at Brighton. 

Didn't know that sky was playing 6 places, lol, so waiting on King Crimson for a small double e/w.  Everything else went pear shaped. 

Edited by fd1972uk

talking of outstanding performing horses   BBC Sport are picking up that Altior has been retired and will be going to spend his retirement with Mick Fitzgerald  

Nicky Henderson quoted as saying: ``It's been a great journey, but all good things must come to an end''

Link to BBC Sport news item :  https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/horse-racing/58549605 

3 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

I have pondered this price fluidity for quite a while, i have two thoughts which may seem a bit obvious, 1st-early prices coupled with BOG makes the bookies play safe when pricing the night/day before, 2nd they don't really have market forces to help them. So i concluded overall that if or as long as you have BOG then it is advantageous to play early just on the best of both worlds basis. i could break down the favs v bigger price aspect but even that is fluid although i have noticed that the bigger prices often contract/expand more often than the favs.

To add to the conundrum, today (this morning) Fresh Fancy was 9/1 across the boards it drifted to 18/1 5 minutes before the race on Bet365, before returning to 10/1 SP

3 hours ago, alexcaruso808 said:

I hope your wife is ok mate.  Take care.

Very many thanks Alex.  She is in hospital with a broken ankle.  She is awaiting surgery following swelling going down in her leg.  I saw her tonight and she was at least brighter than the day before.when she was completely confused.  I am hoping that she will have surgery tomorrow so that I can plan for her to come home.

31 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Very many thanks Alex.  She is in hospital with a broken ankle.  She is awaiting surgery following swelling going down in her leg.  I saw her tonight and she was at least brighter than the day before.when she was completely confused.  I am hoping that she will have surgery tomorrow so that I can plan for her to come home.

Hopefully she will be home in a day or two. ?