** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > Setember 4th

buga00

Boreham Wood v Stockport
I must admit I'm a bit surprised by how slow Stockport have started the season. They were poor against Dagenham on the opening day and then scraped past Southend before drawing against Grimsby. I think plenty of teams will find it tough going to Boreham Wood this season and with Stockport struggling for goals I think there is a spot of value in backing the home side. They have won 3/3 so far and although they haven't faced anyone that good at the moment I think they have a better chance of beating the away side than the odds suggest.

Southend v Wrexham
I thought Wrexham played very well on Monday night when getting a 1-1 draw against Notts County and they strike me as a team who will only get better. I also think they could well do better against the ex league sides in the division as their newcomers to the squad and the manager will be used to going to places like Southend. I opposed the home side on Monday and it nearly paid off as they only drew 0-0 at Wealdstone and so far they look no better than a mid-table side. I think odds against about Wrexham looks a decent price.

Chorley v Gloucester
As I alluded to in the intro I watched Gloucester against Kettering on Monday and we were awful. We barely created a chance and fully deserved the 2-0 defeat. I had hoped that after the York 4-0 win that our home form would be strong, but that didn't happen. So far in our two away games we have also been pretty poor and barely created a chance against Guiesley last Saturday after going a goal up early on. We still have 5 first team players out and haven't been able to add to the squad this week. Chorley look like they are beginning to improve after a slow start, something they also did last season. I obviously hope I'm wrong, but we look miles away from the side we were last season and I'm not sure we have the manager in charge to sort it out. Chorley should be odds on for me.

Chester v Alfreton
Another side who have had a poor start to the season are Chester and they don't seem to have got over Covid which spread through the squad just before the season started. They have played poorly so far and although Alfreton aren't anything special themselves they have been performing well enough and could just heap more misery on the home side.

Eastbourne v Dulwich Hamlet
I'm kicking myself for not backing Dulwich on Monday as they played Hemel who we had benefitted from opposing in the previous couple of games. It was 0-0 at half time, but then Dulwich ran riot in the 2nd half putting 6 goals past their hosts. Given the way the manager likes to play football I have always thought they will do well on 3G pitches and they go to another one tomorrow. Eastbourne have improved a bit since their heavy opening day defeat against Hampton, but Dulwich could be about to properly get going and they have a good squad this season so I am taking them to get the points.

Boreham Wood 1pt @ 15/8 with Betfred and Betfair (take up to 6/4)
Wrexham 2pts @ 11/8 with Bet365 (take up to 10/11)
Chorley 2pts @ 11/10 with William Hill (take up to (4/5)
Alfreton 1pt @ 23/10 with Betfair and Paddy Power (take up to 15/8)
Dulwich 1pt @ 6/4 with William Hill (take up to 11/10)

Hi Darran.

Do you, or anyone else have any reason to put me off these three today, as i really fancy them for a decent treble bet.

Dagenham to beat Wealdstone 2/5

Notts County to beat Aldershot 4/9

Chesterfield to beat Bromley 8/13

I'm thinking of taking DRAW cover 11/4 too for the Chesterfield game, so making two trebles.

Three wins pays around 9/4. With DRAW cover on Chesterfield pays around 13/2

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Good luck

Pleasantly surprised that Parsons has a second consecutive televised game so I can have another crack at the bookings markets. Spreads are up at 43-47 so higher than last time. These 3 bets makes most appeal.

20 points on >42.5 points at 21/20 with SPIN (>45 is 11/10 Hills and >4.5 cards 11/10 with 365)

20 points on 4-6 cards shown at 23/20 with Hills

12 points on >1 card shown in each half at 2/1 with Hills

Respectively, those bets would have landed in 15, 17 and 11 of his 28 National League games.