** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-league preview - August 28th

Darran

I have 5 single bets for tomorrow and a banker home treble in the National League South.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Bromley (National League)

What a start from Dagenham last week as they really impressively beat Stockport 3-1 last Saturday coming from a goal down. Obviously with them being one of the ante-post tips it was pleasing to see them do so well. They face a Bromley side who didn't get to play last week after Grimsby got Covid. As I mentioned with one of my tips last week I really do think that a team having already played a competitive game is a big advantage and that tips Dagenham into value territory for me. Bromley look to have a decent side again although I do think Dagenham will obviously finish above them come May. Hopefully we also see some home wins this week after last week in the National League every game was an away win apart from one which was a draw!

Woking v Halifax (National League)
Happy to back Woking again this week to make it 2/2. To be fair to Wealdstone they played pretty well and could have got a point, but it was a good start for Woking and proves they will be a much different proposition this season. Happy to oppose Halifax again as well as they looked lacking in defence against Maidenhead who came from a goal down to win 2-1. I think the home side should be shorter.

Concord v Hampton & Richmond (National League South)
Concord caused a huge shock on the opening day of the season when they beat Dorking 1-0 and they did well last week as well to get a 3-3 draw against Oxford City. Despite that though I still think Hampton are a good bet here. I put them up on the opening day when they bolted up against Eastbourne and then last week they just went down 2-1 to Havant. Interestingly last season they were very strong away from home and struggled for wins at home and given how good they were away on the opening day you just wonder if it could happen again this season. I think they have the much better side as well so I would have them shorter in the betting myself.

Ebbsfleet v Hemel Hempstead (National League South)
Hemel have let in 7 goals in their opening 2 games and as I mentioned last week they are suffering big time from injuries at the moment. Ebbsfleet didn't play last week, but on the opening day they beat Tonbridge 5-1 in a very impressive performance. I think they will fancy their chances of scoring more goals here and it isn't a big surprise the early 4/5 was taking and they are much shorter now. I still think they look attractively priced on the handicap though so will take them on the -1.

Treble (all National League South)
Ebbsfleet are obviously going to be the first leg of the treble. Their Kent rivals Maidstone are leg 2. They host Billericay who look set for a tough season based on their first two games and they lost 7-2 to Eastbourne last week. Maidstone have won both games and they really ought to make it 3/3. Another Kent side Welling have got off to a miserable start as well and like Billericay could be set for a relegation battle based on their opening two games. St Albans have lost both their games but then they have played Dartford and Dorking! This is clearly much easier and they should get their first points on the board.

Bromsgrove v AFC Rushden & Diamonds (Southern Premier Central)
I know Bromsgrove won last Saturday, but I am happy to take them on again as the bookies still seem to think they will do well based on the fact they are still pretty short for the title. Rushden are a solid side and I would make them favs for this game.

Dagenham & Redbridge 1pt @ 5/4 with Bet365, BetVictor, Betfred, Skybet and Hills (take up to Evs)
Woking 2pts @ 7/5 with Bet365 and Hills (take up to Evs)
Hampton & Richmond 2pts @ 29/20 with BetVictor (take up to Evs)
Ebbsfleet -1 2pts @ 6/4 with Betfair, Paddys and Betfred (take up to 11/10)
Ebbsfleet/Maidstone/St Albans 2pts treble @ 2.24/1 with Betfair and Paddys (you can get 2.4/1 with Betway if you can get on and take up to 7/4)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds 1pt @ 7/4 with Betfred and Bet365

only the 12 goals today at the Bee Arena

Peterborough Sports 8 (Eight) - 4 Stourbridge     Attendance: 275    (4-1 HT)

even an appearance from Premier League referee  Kevin Friend in the stands today doing an assessment on the referee today 

New Scorecard has passed its first day at work ??

IMG_20210828_165339.jpg

IMG_20210828_155518_1.jpg

Edited by ipswich45

29 minutes ago, buga00 said:

@ipswich45 tomorrow against AFC Rushden & Diamonds  to keep the good form ??? :)

ill be honest as a steward can be       yesterdays game against Stourbridge it was a case of we had the best of the worst defending,  look its a strange league look at Leiston beating Bromsgrove 4-0 a  team that themselves were being hammered game in game out, we have a good side when we want to play well but at times like yesterday our defending can leave little to be desired,  hopefully win at Rushden then onto a home FA cup tie against Haringay saturday   , we should be fine for at least play off potential but also was expecting to be chasing stourbridge down 

Edited by ipswich45