** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - October 4 - October 10

Well done from Zidansek!

Petra Kvitova to beat Viktoria Azarenka at 2.07 with Pinnacle

These two haven't met since 2019 and it should be an interesting clash. I'm not sure why Kvitova should be the underdog, though. Azarenka was poor against Baptiste, while Kvitova was hitting it like a beast against Rus. If she brings the same level of play, she will crush Azarenka. I'd have Kvitova as a 1.85 sort of favorite here in all honesty.

Indian Wells - Anderson K. Vs Sonego L.

Sonego is the form player here imo, beating Basilashvili and Korda before coming up against an almost unplayable Casper Ruud in San Diego.

Anderson's serve is firing on all cylinders though so may grab a set.

4 points win Lorenzo Sonego @ 1.80 with William Hill

1 point Lorenzo Sonego to win 2 sets to 1 @ 4.2 with 888Sport

On 10/8/2021 at 1:32 PM, darko08 said:

Harris (-2.5 Games) to beat Davidovich Fokina at 1.85 with Unibet

Fokina is in a really bad moment. Since the Olympics he only has won 2 of the 7 matches he has played, and those 2 victories have been against Simon and Steve Johnson... He even lost against Trungelliti in the 1st round of the USO. He has been really lucky to face Johnson in the 1st round here, otherwise he probably would have lost again. Harris is in the best moment of his career. He did not play well in San Diego (he struggled to beat Eubanks and he lost against Schwartzmann, after requiring a MTO). Having said this, Harris is still the better player in this moment.

Dimitrov (-3.5 Games) to beat Altmaier at 1.94 with Unibet

Dimitrov is miles away from the player he was, but the difference between him and Altmaier is still huge. Altmaier beat Querrey (6-2, 6-4) in his 1st match here, but I would like to point 2 things. Firstly, Querrey is in a really bad moment (7 losing streak). Secondly, Altmaier played his 1st match on hard of the year. Just 1 week ago, he was playing a challenger in Peru (on clay), so he has not prepared this tournament at all. As I said, Dimitrov is not at his best, but he won some matches in San Diego (Fucsovics and Karatsev), and he was close to beat Ruud in the SFs (6-4, 4-6, 6-4). If nothing strange happens, Dimitrov should win this match comfortably.

Schwartzmann (2-0) to beat Cressy at 1.90 with Unibet

Cressy has had a lot of problems to reach this round. He even had problems to beat Moriya (6-4, 4-6, 6-3) in his 1st match here, despite being a huge favorite (1.22). He also had problems to beat Coucaud (7-5, 6-7, 6-2) and Djere (6-7, 6-1, 7-5). It seems Cressy's big serve is not as effective as it is in other hard courts. Schwartzmann has not showed his best tennis recently and he was pathetic during the Davis Cup, but I think he should take advantage of these courts slowness to beat Cressy.

If I don't get profits with these 3 I won't place more bets until the Paris Masters, which is played in November. GL to all of you!

I said I would keep placing bets in case of getting profits with these 3 bets. Dimitrov (6-4, 6-2) and Harris (6-3, 6-3) have delivered but Schwartzmann has dropped a set (I did not see that match, but he was really close from losing it). That little man has disappointed me many times. Let me give you some good advice guys, "stubbornness" is a really bad quality for a punter, get rid of it.

Sasnovich vs Halep - Over 19.5 Games at 1.83 with Unibet

I saw the whole 1st set Halep played against Kostyuk and the first games of the 2nd one. She won (7-6, 6-1) but she did not impress me. Kostyuk did not a play a great match. Actually, I saw her a little bit shaky, hitting bad the ball in many occasions. Despite that, she could have won the 1st set.
I haven't seen Sasnovich but she has won her first 2 matches here without problems. She has beat MC Osorio (6-0, 6-4) and Raducanu (6-2, 6-4). I think Halep is a little bit overrated for this match. She's far from her best form and she was disappointing in the USO. She could have lost against an injured Rybakina in the 3rd round. Then, she was destroyed by Svitolina in the 4th round. I like this line cause I think Sasnovich can upset Halep more than the odds suggest. These players have played only 1 time before. It was in Wimbledon (2019). Halep won that match (6-4, 7-5). Then, she won the whole thing.