** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - September 20 - September 26

• 4 weeks later...

Katerina Siniakova to beat Tereza Martincova at 1.61 with Pinnacle

Caroline Garcia (+1.5 sets) to beat Paula Badosa at 2.00 with Pinnacle

I like these two in WTA Ostrava. Siniakova is still the better player than Martincova and she enjoys playing in home conditions, so she should get the job done. I also didn't like Martincova too much recently. Also, Badosa is going to suffer against Garcia if she plays like she did against Gracheva in the US Open. She'll improve, sure, but Garcia didn't play that poorly against Rybakina, she was just outclassed by someone who has the potential to be like Sabalenka going forward in my opinion. At evens, I like her chances to pick up at least a set in this one.

Riske coming off a long week in Portoroz and the way she crumbled on serve in the final v Paolini is very concerning (lost serve 5 times in breaker and then 3 times in second set). Ferro with two matches under her belt in Ostrava in indoor conditions, including a 6-1 6-1 over Blinkova. She plays alot from the baseline and is a more attack minded player who will go for her shots which I think will get past Riske.

Yeah Siniakova showed lots of nerves in her performance. She was fearless for the first 5 points then got nervous serving. The whole match was two women who could barely get a comfortable service hold. Pavyluchenkova should despatch Martincova easily in the next round given the performance v Siniakova today. Plus the courts seem very slow so Pav should dominate. My guess is she'll open at 1.20 to win, maybe lower 1.16-ish

I think there maybe value in Sorribes Tormo winning a set at 1.72 given the conditions and her well known style of play. Has played a match and she was a quarter finalist last year in Ostrava and she is facing Bencic. 

Maria Sakkari to beat Jelana Ostapenko at 1.80 with William Hill

Ostapenko looked rather average against Blinkova despite the scoreline, definitely not hitting any heights. Obviously, Sakkari hasn't played in this event yet, but she looked good in the US Open and has something to play for as well. It's mostly a bet against Ostapenko though.

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

Maria Sakkari to beat Jelana Ostapenko at 1.80 with William Hill

Ostapenko looked rather average against Blinkova despite the scoreline, definitely not hitting any heights. Obviously, Sakkari hasn't played in this event yet, but she looked good in the US Open and has something to play for as well. It's mostly a bet against Ostapenko though.

Gonna tag you on this one ?

Maria Sakkari to beat Jelena Ostapenko at 1.70

Tagging along with @CzechPunter on this one.

Gael Monfils to beat (-1.5 sets) Philipp Kohlschreiber at 2.04 

One of the most loopsided matchups on the ATP tour. Gael is up 10-0 on hardcourts here vs Kohli and has won 14 of 16 matches v Kohli in their careers. Gael has started to win matches again and it's looking quite terrific for him tonight.

Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova to beat (-1.5 sets) Tereza Martincova at 1.75

Saw Martincova v Siniakova and my view of this matchup is that Pavs will likely blow Martincova off court.

Treble with total odds 6.07 with Unibet

:hope

Edited by four-leaf
Wrong odds

Casper Ruud to beat Reilly Opelka at 2.07 with Pinnacle

Ruud has made so much progress recently that I'm not sure what makes him the underdog here. He's now a fresh member of the top 10 and, if he continues playing on his level, he's one of those players that can actually stay up there in my opinion. The indoors conditions should suit Opelka, but I'm not sure the occasion will. He absolutely crumbled against Harris and could face the same demons here.