** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Bundesliga I & II Predictions > Aug 20th - 22nd

RB Leipzig vs VfB Stuttgart

2021-08-20T20:30+02:00

RB Leipzig

Doubtful: Dani Olmo (0/0 m), Sørloth (0/0 f), Poulsen (0/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Halstenberg (0/0 d), Henrichs (0/0 d), Sarachi (0/0 d)

Suspended:

VfB Stuttgart

Doubtful: Kalajdzic (0/0 f, last season top scorer, probably in), Coulibaly (0/0 m, probably out), Nartey (0/0 m, probably out)

Out (injuries/other): Karazor (1/0 d), Sankoh (1/0 f), Ahamada (0/0 m), Cissé (0/0 m), Egloff (0/0 m), Führich (0/0 m), Mangala (0/0 m)

Suspended: Silas (0/0 f)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

RB Leipzig vs Stuttgart

The Red Bulls finished as runners-up last season, but they didn’t have enough strength to remain in the title battle. Their poor finish of the season left them 13 points behind Bayern Munich. RB Leipzig heads to this season with a change on the bench, as Julian Nagelsmann took over the defending champions. They signed Jesse Marsch from their sister club Salzburg to continue the club’s growth. In fact, RB Leipzig has another excellent transfer window. They permanently signed Angelino, while Andre Silva could be their major solution in the final third. RB Leipzig is well-known for bringing hot prospects, and they signed Josko Gvardiol from Dinamo Zagreb. However, the hosts haven’t started the season well, as they narrowly lost to Mainz on the road. They look for improvement in this clash and the first victory at the home ground.

Stuttgart enjoyed an excellent season-opener, in which they trashed newly-promoted Greuther Furth 5:1. It was their second confident victory in the season, after beating minnows BFC Dynamo 6:0 on the road in DFB Pokal. The visitors were happy with their mid-table finish last time and want to build upon that. However, the away side faces severe selection troubles. Almost a dozen players will be out for different reasons. In the front, they’ll miss Sasa Kalajdzic, who netted 16 goals last season and drop to only one available selection in the final third. It will be tough for Pellegrino Matarazzo’s side to get back home from Leipzig undefeated.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

The hosts are determined to book their first win, while Stuttgart would be happy to escape with a draw from Red Bull Arena. However, we see RB Leipzig as hot favorites in this clash and believe they can pick up all three points from this match.

Goals Market Prediction

Injury-troubled visitors will have a hard task to keep their net intact, and they will unlikely accomplish it. Moreover, we see this match going over a 2.5 margin, and RB Leipzig could be pretty confident here.

RB Leipzig to Win @ 1.50 

Over 2.5 FT @ 1.50 

Correct score 3:0 @ 11.00

Today's game odds are perplexing to me.  RBL was a mess in their first match out last week against Mainz.  And, frankly Mainz is not good, and had hardly any practices and extra players available due to Covid protocals.  RBL lost a number of key pieces in the offseason.  Obviously losing a coach of Nagelsmann's quality is going to hurt, but they also lost their CB pairing of Konate and Upamecano and it showed as Mainz not only scored off a corner where RBLcentral defense couldn't clear the ball, they had another called off from a corner, and Mainz had yet another golden chance from a corner.  RBL was a disaster in defense against a team that really has nothing going forward.  In the attack, Silva was like a man on an island with absolutely no service.  He is a completely different striker than they are used to playing with and it's definitely going to take some time, but RBL was very VERY tame in the attack.  Angelino who is usually a threat was not good.  Sabitzer came on as a sub and really looked disinterested (he didn't have a great Euro either tbh).  Forsberg was his usual solid self, and Kampl well, his best days are past him, but the only player that showed to be any decent getting dangerous was Nkunnku.  I think RBL's xpg for the game was about 1 and that's being generous.  Meanwhile Stuttgart are always looking to press and get into the attack.  I'm not going to take too much out of their thrashing of the newly promoted Geuther Freuth side, but they had something like 23+ chances on goal which is a month's worth in a single game.  And today you're giving me them at +575?

I try not to overreact after one match, but I'm taking a shot here at the away side at +575 to win and +425 DNB here.  Maybe Red Bull comes to life, but I don't think this is anywhere near the same side as they've been the past few years.

3 hours ago, dylanphan said:

I try not to overreact after one match, but I'm taking a shot here at the away side at +575 to win and +425 DNB here.

Am I right in thinking that relates to decimal odds of 6.75 and 5.25? Is it the amount of profit you'd make from staking 100 points? I'm a fractional kind of guy so decimal feels a little foreign to me, let alone US style odds. In "old money" it would be 27/4 and 21/4! :lol

RB Leipzig v Stuttgart: 20 points on Nkunku to get an assist at 3/1 Uni and buy Forster's assist minutes for 2 points at 4 with SPIN

The former looks a reasonable bet at 3/1 based on stats over the last couple of seasons and had even better "xA" stats last season. Forster also looks ok using the expected metrics, got one last week and (in my opinion) shouldn't be priced up as something like a 10/1 shot.

Bayer Leverkusen vs Borussia Monchengladbach

The home side opened the new campaign by winning a point against Union Berlin on the road. We saw two goals in each net after the first 12 minutes of the game, and it was eventually the final score. Bayer Leverkusen had an excellent first half of the last season, but their form severely dropped in 2021. They ultimately finished 6th, which was enough only for a Europa League spot. Although they were very good in the back, Patrik Schick and the lads could have done better in the final third. The hosts want to step up this time and challenge for a place in the top four.

In the opening round, Borussia Monchengladbach also booked a 1:1 draw, but they faced the defending champions, Bayern Munich. They took an early lead, but Robert Lewandowski managed to equalize just before going to the halftime break. Gladbach missed the continental qualification last season since they finished 8th, just one point behind Union Berlin. However, they hope for a much better campaign this time. Adi Hutter took over the bench, and the Colts want to secure their place in the continental competitions next summer.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

It is going to be a tight clash, and it can go either way. In their last three head-to-head clashes, Bayer Leverkusen celebrated while we usually saw the visiting teams taking points in their matchups. Therefore, we think these two sides could split points here.

Goals Market Prediction

Their clashes at BayArena have been pretty efficient in the previous seasons. Both sides have respectable attacking potential, and we see them both scoring in this encounter.

Draw @ 3.75 

BTTS Yes @ 1.50 

Correct score 1:1 @ 7.50

TSG Hoffenheim

They are in high morale as they get a 4-0 clean sheet from Augsburg in last game. Although Ihlas Bebou are still suspend due to injury, Andrej Kramaric plays well, who scores twice in last game. He has made 2 scoring goals and 3 assists for TSG Hoffenheim this season so far.

Union Berlin

They are in form, which have been unbeaten for three matches recently even if they play Leagues and Tournament at the same time. But they have to prepare for UEFA Europa Conference League in four days. They will reserve themselves in upcoming game.

Verdict:

Union Berlin have to make preparation for UEFA Europa Conference League. TSG Hoffenheim only focus on the League at present. And TSG Hoffenheim have home advantage. So TSG Hoffenheim will possibly win in upcoming game.

1x2 Pick: 1