** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Wednesday August 18th

22 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Some familiar names at Worcester tomorrow, horse, jockeys and trainers all included. 

5.30 Worcester 

The three of interest are Bathiva , Leapaway , and Longhouse Sale . If one of those 3 doesn’t win I’d be very surprised .All three score very high on my ratings. It’s the latter who comes out on top though. A slight pull in the weights and with a 7Ibs claimer might see him just reverse less than half a length defeat with Bathiva. Bathiva’s yard are in good form though with Paddy Brennan taking the reigns. 

Longhouse Sale 10 points win 11/4

6.00 Worcester 

class 2 action. A decent field and a lot with good chances . The two that stand out on ratings are Pink Eyes Pedro and Little Bruce with the latter being top rated. Stamina is certainly no issue for him and I think the slight drop down in trip may help him here and he could have some of these working hard behind him. Pink Eyed Pedro is running to a very high standard and could get rewarded here having been dropped 1Ib. The favourite Excelerator Express has a trainer and jockey in form and will probably take this up in distance in his stride , but he’s not proven and he’s up against plenty of good horses that are proven, so I’m happy to take him on. I’m going to go with both my top two rated here as both are very closely and only separated by an hair. 

Little Bruce 5 points win 11/1

Pink Eyed Pedro 5 points win 5/1 

Chase profit/loss from 3 races -7.50

No luck today . Longhouse Sale was disappointing and was beaten by Bathiva who’s yard are in red hot form with a top jockey on board. Little Bruce never travelled, and Pink Eyed Pedro second to the upped in distance Excelerator Express who won with ease. Try again tomorrow at Stratford .

Chase profit/loss -27.50 from 5 races 

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Gone for fun bets at York.  well done to anyone who makes money there today

1.50 El Astornaute (win it 2018) £1 win at 25/1 + 50p win on Hurricane Ivor (TM) at 15/2

2.25 Imperial Fighter (OM) £1 win at 15/2

3.00 Yibir (JD) £1 win at 17/2

3.35 Macswinney (KM) £1 win at 18/1

4.10 Bodyline (LM/SmP) 50p win at 10/1 + Nicholas T (BR one to be watched I believe) 50p win at 22/1

4.45 Atiyah (WB) Up 11lbs but running well £1 win at 14/1

5.20 Instinctive Move (HC/CC) £1 win at 25/1

£7.50 looks cheap for an afternoon's entertainment.

Good luck to all PL members today at York, especially @TheBrigadierwho I'm sure will have some loyal followers

RESULTS UPDATE

The big 3 did well today; 6 winners, 3 losers and 2 non runners making about a net 8 points profit on the day. Put results up in an edit above as couldn't do it here.

Bit of a pity that I was let down in the 3rd leg of my Trixie by Mr Tambourine Man coming second.  Missed out on about £90.00 The horse had been drifting and looked vulnerable but I couldn't trade out of it so I thought.  May have been able to have backed all the other horses so as to ensure a profit but forgot about my previous idea.

Anyway I got a double for £18 so made a £10 profit .  I need to look more closely at these selections in future, after all there were 6 winners.  yibir won for me but with all my fun bets I only made £6.50 on the day.  My new balance is £798.14 (Bank £1056.22)

Six meetings tomorrow including York and Ireland so lots of work to do

Edited by The Equaliser