Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** September Poker League Result : =1st muttley & juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** September Naps Competition Result: 1st Mick33, 2nd BBBC, 3rd Rainbow, 4th Tipsterix. KO Cup Winner: CS333, Most Winners: Alastair **

Fantasy Football H2H Banter

Well after weeks of studying and numerous changes to the team, Friday night arrives and I am ready to do battle in the punters league head to head league. 38 teams are taking part in an attempt to win the money.  With Salah captain, Fernandes and my 3 secret Arsenal players in the team I am well set to battle anyone. Who have I got in the first match? Fade x Ones (Terry) strange name.

After so much anticipation I return home to see the first score line Brentford 2 Arsenal 0

So much for my secret weapons. Four points scored.

A Fernandes hat-trick will help, unfortunately Terry has him as his captain. He also has Salah, the Liverpool defence, Benerahma (never heard of him) and to just to make sure of victory he has played bench boost.The final result sees me lose 82 - 119

Terry goes top of the leader board.

Congrats to Terry and hope your season continues to go well.

My team now sits in 23rd with nul point (reminds me of Eurovision). Well there’s always next week, hopefully I will get an easier game. Who have I got in week 2?

Rocket Lettuce Lilo (Dave). Where is he in the league? He’s also got off to a flying start, he’s 6th amassing 100 points with his victory at the weekend. I will need something special this week.
Do I play the wildcard? Triple captain? Stick with my  secret weapons? One things for sure I shall be watching match of the day. 

Good luck to all teams, I am looking forward to a competitive season.

Thank you mate, I used my Bench Boost because every single season it's wasted on me with just cannon fodder sitting on the bench. Unfortunately it was wasted once again with just 5pts gained from it. My West Ham players helped this weekend, being a fan helped know all about Benrahma.

Good luck for the rest of the season

I was tempted to use wildcard lol... Didn't in the end, just the one free transfer. Happy with my team and will just leave it and see how it goes. 

Made a better start than last season when I used my triple captain card and scored zilch, should have used it this season as Bruno Penalty!! Fernandes is my captain

Week two sees another defeat, a real hammering. This is harder than I thought. Well done Dave 83 - 50.

My two opponents now sit first and third. I hope this says more about the quality of their team rather than how bad my team is. Not to worry my two transfers will improve the team. This week’s opponents are Antimasys. Both of us are on zero points, with little between the teams. So this is a bIg game with valuable points are at stake.

Good luck.

Three out of three all losses. I’m Getting better though, only lost by eight in week 3 65 - 57. Well done Jorge. It does not get any easier week four - Rubens Stone Wall who gave league leader Fade x one a close run in week 3 losing by just four 62  - 66. More studying needed, do I stick with the Arsenal players? Play the wild card? Captain Salah, Antonio or A N Other? I need to do something or I could be in line for the wooden spoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I stuck my 3 Arsenal players and was rewarded with their 1-0 victory and a valuable 18 points for my team. A 26 point return from captain Lukaku meant a 73-43 victory. Good luck Dave for the rest of the season. Week 5 and its Sam's McMuffin Rovers with Ronaldo as their key player. He scored 71 points and with just one place separating the teams and both on three points, it should be close. Do I change a winning team?

14 hours ago, PercyP said:

Well I stuck my 3 Arsenal players and was rewarded with their 1-0 victory and a valuable 18 points for my team. A 26 point return from captain Lukaku meant a 73-43 victory. Good luck Dave for the rest of the season. Week 5 and its Sam's McMuffin Rovers with Ronaldo as their key player. He scored 71 points and with just one place separating the teams and both on three points, it should be close. Do I change a winning team?

congrats on the win. I'm still not sure about Arsenal and so I'll be keeping only Ben White in my team.

You know your lucks out when you outscore Fade X Ones and Rocket Lettuce LIlo only to lose 67-66. What made it worse was I was winning until the bonus points given to Benrahma.  Could be worse I could have Mark Noble’s luck.

congrats to Sam.

This week I play Lee’s Little Islanders who won their first game last weekend with 63 points, could have been more but for Mark Noble’s penalty. With my team getting 66 points it should be close.

The best thing about the head to head league is the random results. Lee wins with 63 points, PercyP united lose with 66 points.

Looking back the lowest winning scores / luckiest players were

Week 1 Mo Mane Mo Salah won with 68 points, I lost with 82 points

Week 2 Broxi Bears won with 54 points, with just 50 I lost again

Week 3 Likeabagofspuds City won with 47 points, I lost with 57

week 4 Mo Mane Mo Salah won with 54, I won with 73

Week 5 Bruno’s Going Lage won with 54, I lost win 66

Mo Mane Mo Salah appears to be the luckiest fantasy football player.

I will report on the most unluckiest players next week.

These players failed to win despite scoring high

Week 1 both Frankel and Keith Curles Perm scored 100 lowest winner 68

Week 2 Cognitive Dias 83 points lowest winner 54

Week 3 The Wild Ones 68  - LW 54

Week 4 McMuffin Rovers 67 - LW 54

Week 5 Frankel 68 - LW 54

Frankel is the most unlucky player failing to win twice despite having high scores.