** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

British Open

Fader

Nice to get a tournament started with the new season, however it's a "first to 5" and so it still has alittle bit of a lottery feel to it. It's a random draw each round, also. I'm going to take a few big priced outsiders below and then we'll have a look at the match ups 

1pt e/w Carter 33/1 skybet
1pt elw Gilbert 33/1 willhill
1pt e/w Yupeng 50/1 paddypower
1pt e/w Un Nooh 125/1 paddypower
-----------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w Craigie 200/1 skybet
0.5pts e/w Carrington 250/1 skybet
0.5pts e/w Ursenbacher 250/1 skybet

4 hours ago, charliepie said:

Are they seriously playing best of 5 for the British open? Madness!

Yeah, really ruins it, doesn't it?

One match to watch tonight is Allen against his ex girlfriend, Evans. That should be a very awkward match as they finished on bad terms haha :D 

20/1 on Evans? lol

She was one red away from getting over the line but before, during & after the game she acted like an immature, petulant child refusing his fist bump at start of match whilst Allen was entirely polite & decent. I know whose side I'm on in that disagreement, women and emotions, eh! But I'm sure he could have afforded more than £100 a month child support for his own daughter, poor show there. Looks like he is getting a divorce from current wife Kyla so he's probably had enough of women for the foreseeable future!

On 8/17/2021 at 2:27 AM, charliepie said:

She was one red away from getting over the line but before, during & after the game she acted like an immature, petulant child refusing his fist bump at start of match whilst Allen was entirely polite & decent. I know whose side I'm on in that disagreement, women and emotions, eh! But I'm sure he could have afforded more than £100 a month child support for his own daughter, poor show there. Looks like he is getting a divorce from current wife Kyla so he's probably had enough of women for the foreseeable future!

irony is, it affects his game, which in turn means he earns less money :D

We're down to the Last 16 then. Once again, Ali Carter gets a hard draw. He had Selby last time out and now he has potentially, Judd Trump. These matches get played tonight (7pm onwards) I'll be cheering on 33/1 shots Gilbert and Carter, hoping they make tomorrow's Quarter Final.

J.Robertson Vs Maguire
Gilbert Vs Miah
Carter Vs Slessor 
Walden Vs Muir
Ning Vs Kleckers
Jiankang Vs Williams
O'Connor Vs Yuelong
Vafaei Vs G.Wilson

*edit Slessor beats Trump to really open the tournament. 

58 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Every chance with them so good luck! Who would have picked that line-up for the last 16 though?! Very random.

That’s what happens when it’s “first to 3”  don’t like it atall but you can find some big prices in it. 

Well... despite hitting a 147 to go 1-1 against Slessor, and then going 50 odd up in the third frame, Carter went out. Gilbert, however, went through 3-0. Here is tomorrow's Quarter Final, in which it will be "first to 4" The Semi-Final will also be played in the evening. Mark Williams is the new favourite despite playing pretty rubbish against Jiankang, who bottled it at 2-1 up. I fancy Walden to beat Williams tomorrow. I think for me, Ning/Slessor/Walden/Gilbert Semi-Final.

Lu Ning Vs J.Robertson
Yuelong Vs Slessor
Williams Vs Walden
Gilbert Vs G.Wilson

4pts Walden to beat Williams 5/4 paddypower
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt 4-fold Lu Ning, Slessor, Walden & Gilbert 16/1 bet365