** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday 15th August

Todays fun 40p Lucky 15 = £6.00

2:50 Deauville             Midtown                   14/1

3:25 Deauville             Baratti                       10/1

4:10 Chelmsford         Caribbean Spring      12/1

2:35 Pontefract           Boltaway                   13/8

had quite high hopes for this today but thats the way it goes Boltaway ended up 1/1 and got beat sums it up, barati ended up 4/1 did nothing but i was pleased with midtown.

bank slips to £92.80

Edited by Zilzalian
update

Chelmsford City

3.00 - Brazen Bolt - 11/2 - win non-runner

3.35 - Tomouh - 4/1 - win 4th

4.10 - Disarming - 7/1 - ew - 5th

4.45 - Doublethetrouble - 5/1 - win 2nd

Dynali - 6/1 ew 4th

5.20 - Fury - 7/2 - win 3rd

Southwell

1.35 - Elzaal - 9/2 - win - 8th

3.55 - Ventura Vision - 3/1 - win - 3rd 

Pontefract

2.35 - Possible Man - 15/8 - win - 2nd

3.10 - Valeria Messalina - 3/1 - win - 11th 

3.45 - Ready To Venture - 7/2 - win  2nd 

Duty Of Care - 15/8 - win - 1st ?

4.20 - Out Of Breath - 4/1 - win - 7th 

5.25 - Lady Nectar - 9/2 - win  non-runner

Edited by alexcaruso808
Results update

The big 3/4 who made a £1 profit yesterday from 4 winners have the following runners tomorrow

3.00 Chelm Sky Blue Thinking (GD5) 11/4

3.45 Pont Duty Of Care (KS) 7/4

4.10 Chelm Pop Favorite (AV5) 5/1 (Sportsbet)

4.55 Pont Alpha Cru (DN) 4/7

4.30 Sou King Viktor 9/4

Since the first 3 races have jockeys/apprentices that are on my radar I have combined them in a £1 win Trixie = £4 = Poss Return of £111.19.  I will be very surprised if I can get 5/1 about Pop Favorite tomorrow morning.

12 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

I think we may see an exciting new miler today. At the back end of last year i watched a couple of races where the horse in question didn't break sweat on its first outing and its second was quite impressive, there was obviously a problem thereafter because we didn't see it again until it turned up straight into the group 1 Prix Jean Prat in mid July where it ended up favourite and came a good 3rd you would assume it will come on a tonne for that race, this is the toughest G1 over a mile i have seen all year, Palace Pier, (has to give 6lbs) Poetic Flair, etc, Trained by the maestro Fabre ridden by Buick and owned by Godolphin the 16/1 available in places is far too big a price. I fully expect to see a big run from Midtown today at 2:50 Deauville and will be a tad disappointed and a tad poorer if it doesn't win.

13 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

I was wondering where Will Buick was today.  I have had a £1 win at 16/1 on Midtown.  Will take a peak at his other rides too

Had £1 win on all his other rides too.  12.58 Oneforthegutter 6/1, 3.25 Santorine 20/1 and 4.00 Sayida 11/1 this is a Charlie Appleby runner.  £4 well spent I hope.  Also had £1 win on Latest Genereation at 8/1 with James Doyle aboard.  I don't usually bet in foreign races as I don't have access to the info that I use to make bets.  However, I don't mind the occasional dabble.  Thanks for highlighting Deauville today

Edited by The Equaliser
update

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

The big 3/4 who made a £1 profit yesterday from 4 winners have the following runners tomorrow

4.30 Sou King Viktor 9/4

Since the first 3 races have jockeys/apprentices that are on my radar I have combined them in a £1 win Trixie = £4 = Poss Return of £111.19.  I will be very surprised if I can get 5/1 about Pop Favorite tomorrow morning.

Other bets today:

4.45 Chelm Doublethetrouble (OM) £2.50 win at 4/1 = £12.50.  Oisin has 3 rides today. He is odds on in the 1.50 and has Fury in the last.  Neither of these horses look like trail blazers so I'll go with Doublethetrouble

2.35 Pont Dash of Spice (TM) £1 win at 10/1

3.45 Pont Ready to Venture (TM) £1.20 win at 7/2 = £5.40 Ins bet for above Trixie

4.20 Pont Chocolate Box (TM) £1 win at 15/2 = £8.50 poss return. None of Tom's rides inspire too much confidence today and I have left out Mishal Star  in the 3.10

Had some speculative bets on Will  Buick's rides at Deauville.  12.58 Oneforthegutter £1 w at 6/1, 2.50 Midtown £1 win at 16/1, 3.25 £1 win on Santorine 20/1 and 4.00 £1 win on Sayida at 11/1 Charlie Appleby's runner.  Couldn't resist having £1 win on Latest Generation at 8/1 with James Doyle aboard in the 3.25

Got the best in the business riding for me today so I can't miss can I?

Total stakes £14.70

I only pick it as the nap if the best price available is with one of the bookmakers that is used as part of the naps competition. Amortentia was available at 7/2 with 888sport but only 5/2 with Bet365 so not good value for the naps competition.

The nap was available at 7/2 with Bet365 last night but only 3/1 with other bookmakers so potentially good value for the naps competition.

For the daily racing chat I take BSP so bookies odds are not relevant.

4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

I think we may see an exciting new miler today. At the back end of last year i watched a couple of races where the horse in question didn't break sweat on its first outing and its second was quite impressive, there was obviously a problem thereafter because we didn't see it again until it turned up straight into the group 1 Prix Jean Prat in mid July where it ended up favourite and came a good 3rd you would assume it will come on a tonne for that race, this is the toughest G1 over a mile i have seen all year, Palace Pier, (has to give 6lbs) Poetic Flair, etc, Trained by the maestro Fabre ridden by Buick and owned by Godolphin the 16/1 available in places is far too big a price. I fully expect to see a big run from Midtown today at 2:50 Deauville and will be a tad disappointed and a tad poorer if it doesn't win.

Not too sure what to make of that race to be honest it was true run and probably the result reflected the chances, Midtown well i'm not sure, it looked ok travelled ok but just didn't finish as well as i thought it would but thats racing for you. the only suggestion is that the ground dried up a lot but class should win on most ground in my opinion. For me the jury is still out but i dont think anyone could argue that the first 2 didnt have the outstanding form because they did on any measure.

41 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

@Offramp @The Equaliser Did you and others notice Tilsworth Rose win at 8/1 today in the 225 chelmsford given it was a non runner last time out after a bit of amusement on the 11th August in our discussion? this bloke missed it today.

Missed it completely, however, it would have been on my radar with Ray Dawson claiming 3lbs had I gone down the top jockey/apprentices food chain.  Sorry you missed it

26 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Missed it completely, however, it would have been on my radar with Ray Dawson claiming 3lbs had I gone down the top jockey/apprentices food chain.  Sorry you missed it

i did it couldnt remember where i saw it the other day on here lol

19 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Well chosen but the horse was 4th! I was impressed that you got that selection. One for the future.

19 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

I gave a few free bets a go as you've been pretty on the ball with decent odds, unfortunately I jinxed you, lol. Sorry. 

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Other bets today:

4.45 Chelm Doublethetrouble (OM) £2.50 win at 4/1 = £12.50.  Oisin has 3 rides today. He is odds on in the 1.50 and has Fury in the last.  Neither of these horses look like trail blazers so I'll go with Doublethetrouble

2.35 Pont Dash of Spice (TM) £1 win at 10/1

3.45 Pont Ready to Venture (TM) £1.20 win at 7/2 = £5.40 Ins bet for above Trixie

4.20 Pont Chocolate Box (TM) £1 win at 15/2 = £8.50 poss return. None of Tom's rides inspire too much confidence today and I have left out Mishal Star  in the 3.10

Had some speculative bets on Will  Buick's rides at Deauville.  12.58 Oneforthegutter £1 w at 6/1, 2.50 Midtown £1 win at 16/1, 3.25 £1 win on Santorine 20/1 and 4.00 £1 win on Sayida at 11/1 Charlie Appleby's runner.  Couldn't resist having £1 win on Latest Generation at 8/1 with James Doyle aboard in the 3.25

Got the best in the business riding for me today so I can't miss can I?

Total stakes £14.70

RESULTS UPDATE

HO,HO,HO the big 3/4 came across today tipping 4 out of 5 winners

HE, HE, HE I Won £100.77 ON A £1 win trixie by backing three of them as I posted up last night. Upon reflection I think that I have been frustrated by the short priced losing favourites that these media tipsters have posted up recently.  When I saw what looked to be a bit of value, luckily I had the good common sense to follow them.  I will try and post these up nightly from now on and it's up to anyone looking at them to see if they feel that the selections are worth another look

Of the Deauville selections I feel a little unlucky that Will Buick didn't win on Oneforthegutter, beaten a head.

Tom Marquand did win on Splash Of Spice for me at 10/1, Apart from the jockey, which is why I backed it, the only clue I had was that it had come down 17lbs in the weights, the sort of thing that @TheBrigadierlikes.  

It is difficult for me to decide whether to back or not to back the outsiders of my favourite jockeys/apprentices as all seem so complicated.  However, I have decided to work through the top ones downwards such as Oisin Murphy's rides and then move on to the next best e.g. Will Buick etc  It is a bit more tricky with the apprentices because one can't expect them to be up in the 20%+ winners bracket but none the less the trainers engage them to take off valuable weight.

My net win on the day is £97.07 which at least increases my balance to £784.76 (Bank £1056.22)

I will look at tomorrows card later

Have a good evening all.

19 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

4.30 Sou King Viktor 9/4

Superb, many thanks...

IMG_20210815_185921.jpg