** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > August 14th

Darran

Eastbourne v Hampton & Richmond (National League South)

The prices in the NLN/NLS are pretty stingy on the whole this week. I guess I can't blame the bookies on that front and as a punter we are also feeling our way into the season. The one price that did standout was Hampton's who travel to Eastbourne tomorrow. Hampton looked pretty good last season and they certainly looked a play-off side. I think they will be strong again this season and certainly have a better chance than the 21/10 that is on offer. Eastbourne did well last season as well and were above Hampton in the table, but they look weaker this time around in my view so I am happy to take them on for their first game of the season.

Ashton v Matlock (Northern Premier)
The home side looked very poor last season in the few games they played and they face a very tough opening game in Matlock. They were basically the opposite to Ashton in that they looked a very good side and they look to be coming into the season with a side capable of mounting a play-off bid. I'm surprised Matlock aren't clear favourites and 6/4 looks very appealing.

Kingstonian v Haringey (Isthmian Premier)
I have to back the home side here given how well I think they will go this season. As I said in the ante-post preview they look a very strong squad on paper and really ought to be capable of pushing Worthing for the title. Haringey aren't terrible, but they aren't great either and in a couple of months I reckon the home side would be odds on to win this game. Therefore the odds against is well worth taking.

Nuneaton v Biggleswade (Southern Premier Central Premier)
Biggleswade look likely relegation candidates this season so happy to oppose them on the opening day of the season. They travel to a Nuneaton side who weren't great last season, but they look to be a stronger position this time around and I can easily see them mounting a play-off bid. At the very least this looks a nice game for them to get off to a winning start.

Double
In the Northern Premier I am putting in Radcliffe to beat Grantham. Grantham have made a very odd choice of Carlton Palmer as manager and he looks like he has a pretty awful squad at his disposal. They have been pretty bad in pre-season and Radcliffe shouldn't have too many worries in getting off to a winning start. The other team in the double is Farnborough in the Southern Premier South to overcome Walton Casuals. If I have got Farnborough right then they really should be beating a poor looking Walton Casuals side.

Hampton & Richmond 1pt @ 21/10 with Paddy Power and Betfair (take up to 6/4)
Matlock 1pt @ 31/20 with BetVictor (take up to 5/4)
Kingstonian 2pts @ 11/10 with William Hill and BetVictor (take up to 4/5)
Nuneaton 2pts @ Evs with William Hill and Bet365 (take up to 8/11)
Radcliffe/Farnborough 1pt @ 2.34/1 with William Hill (Oddschecker doesn't have the Farnborough match up so have checked myself with Hills, 365, Betfred and Skybet and Hills were biggest. Take up to 15/8)

well Southern League Central what can i say

Leiston who were battered week in week out  go and beat Bromsgrove 4-0
Royston beat Tamworth 3-0 
Stourbridge only drawing 1-1

Peterborough Sports v Rushall Olympic  Att: 217    2-0 Sports
first half not much to note apart from Rushall getting a soft penalty for a 50/50 aerial challenge which was saved quite possibly the worst penalty youll see taken this season (justice done?) and the referee looked like a rabbit in headlights, 2nd half  Sports make a sub and within 2 mins force Rushall to score a own goal with a header then Gash who played at Kings Lynn last season nets a 2nd , what followed a few mins prior to the 2nd goal can only be described as a moment of madness  a Rushall player threw the ball in the face of a sports player earning himself a early shower

Edited by ipswich45

Bit after the event but Marcus Maddison ex Peterborough United , Hull City , Charlton , Bolton scored Spalding United's first goal in a 2-1 victory over Loughborough Dynamos .

Spalding hosted a Posh team on Wednesday evening in front of just over 1,400 fans at Sir Halley Stewart losing 3-2 after going in at half time 2-0 up , Spalding are managed by Gabby Zakuani who's played for several Championship / League 1 & 2 clubs .

Bromsgrove 0 Leiston 4

Bromsgrove have lost all their best players and replaced them with mainly kids, be a season of struggle unless a few experienced signings are made. Leistons number 9 who scored two, one a belter looked a very good player. No disrespect to Leiston who played us off the park but if they're walloping us then I fear for us against the more experienced sides who will bully us to death. 

On a side note, I can't believe the price on Alvechurch to beat Bromsgrove tonight, 12-5!! 

Definitely value as the bookies seem to be pricing us up on the last few seasons rather than this seasons squad

@bromsgrovegreen  doesnt look great   4-0 defeat to Leiston and 3-0 tonight to Alvechurch,  Tamworth only drew again tonight and Stourbridge lost last night to Hednesford   very strange start to the season

i steward for Pboro Sports and couldnt be happier personally lol   good win saturday 2-0 agains Rushall  and 3-1 tonight against Barwell

Sports v Barwell      3-1 Sports    Att: 183

A decent crowd for a Tuesday night with Peterborough Utd playing at home, Brad McGowen scored the opener on 18 mins for sports with a header from a corner, Gash should have scored 10 mins later but the cross from Dion Sembie-Ferris was just too much for him and 2 mins later a header from Gash hit the post,  31st Minute sports went 2-0 up through Jordan Nicholson and thats how the first half finished up

47th Minute sports win a penalty through a clumsy challenge by a Barwell defender which Dan Lawlor slotted into the net 3-0 now, 58th min Gash hit the post again with a brilliant shot after being passed through by Jordan Nicholson,  Barwell got a consolation goal on 67 mins through Bower however you could see they were frustrated with how the game was going given the sort of tackles they were committing

Barwell were lucky the number 8 wasnt cautioned in the first half for excessive gobbing off to the referee the player was called out for a chat with the man in black within the first 30 minutes