** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Gooner’s 21/22 Picks

JdsGooner90

7 hours ago, JdsGooner90 said:

Up until now a lot of the bets have been backing another goal in the first half, this doesn’t seem to be working so will reduce these bets to see if i have more success on other markets.

Good luck. I must admit when I look in on this thread my gut reaction (and I appreciate we're talking about personal taste here) is far too many bets on far too many selections in too many obscure competitions. I also noticed that most bets were on another goal being scored in running and wondered why you felt you had an edge in that particular area or whether it's just a matter of you enjoying betting that way. (I largely shy away from in running bets as I don't have any handle on assessing "true" odds in running.)

I appreciate that the modest stakes ensure you can have a lot of bets without risking "ruin" but (ironically, given comments I've made on other threads) I find myself thinking the stakes are too small to be worthwhile at the odds in question, unless the objective is just regular "action" with minimal risk.

I'd say less bets, with more time to research them, and to slightly bigger stakes would give you a better chance of a positive return.

I tend to prefer the in play bets and would rather back another goal then hope for no more goals. I don’t just pick any game i do check league position, shots on goal etc. 

I know I would have a better success rate if stuck to purely games I know but its hard when there are so many games available to bet on! 

I am going to use this weekend to see how I do not betting so much and focusing more on games I at least know a bit about.