** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tipsters Challenge Football Competition Starting Weekend 17th FEB - NEW PLAYERS APPLY HERE

• avongirl unpinned this topic
  • 4 months later...

2023/24 season:

I was initially thinking we would start weekend of 12th August when the Premier League matches start rather than this weekend with the Championship and lower leagues, although I'm sure you are all disappointed not to have the 200 FA Cup Qualifying matches to pick from. :lol  However I notice that weekend the German and Italian matches are their cup competitions, so I may yet defer another week to weekend of 19th August if all the leagues will get going then.  Let me look into that to see how it pans out.  My plan would be to run 3 full seasons of 10 weeks again with a week off between restarts.  No doubt some international breaks will give us the odd rest too.

Everyone who completed last year will automatically be allocated a league place, and I will invite back those players who lost their 'all in' bets and were eliminated.  I'm hoping to tinker a little with the league structure, fewer Divisions with more players, but better prizes.  We will still have room for new players, or those who have dropped out previously, so please reply in this thread if you'd like to request to join in. :ok

On 8/3/2023 at 4:21 PM, Data said:

Did anyone step up to help you to at least try to semi-automate the massive task of collating weekly results, wins & losses?

I didn't follow up on the replies that were offering yet. I'm not sure how it could be done without having to input all the selections somehow, copy and paste I suppose but relies on everyone using the right format every week (which is probably never going to happen!) Manually I can dismiss a lot pretty quickly once I get a few common results in my head. It's a fairly basic spreadsheet (I made) and I just overkey the relevant odds in the formula for the winners.  The odds are from the screenshot at the time I snap it, so are not in a database format.

Based on your username, Data, you probably have a far better theory how it could be done! :lol