** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Aug 14th

630.png                          295.png

For me, the matches are predicted much better based on the technical characteristics of the teams and with some special data and not based on the general statistics. Derby County has infinite coaching but it does have some experienced players who can lift the weight of a game like this. RAMS shoot, they have good passing game, they are good in aerial but they need more concentration in the defense. The main weapon is that they play better football away from home and against an newly enlightened team they also have the advantage of experience.

DERBY COUNTY to win (3.60)

Edited by THEODORE-007

Just done a little treble. Peterborough to beat Derby, even though Posh haven't made the best start I want to keep opposing Derby.

Fulham should have beaten Middlesbrough in the opening game and I'll give them another chance here, Wilson looked a real threat and should help give Mitrovic the ammunition he needs this season. 

West Brom looked good against Bournemouth and probably should have won, seems like they've adapted to the new manager immediately and I'd fancy them to beat most teams at home.

Treble better than 8/1 with SBK. Will reload with a double if Derby get something in the early kick off.

Blackpool vs Cardiff

Due to the chaos of the Premier League returning and us sorting out our Fantasy Premier League competition I'm just getting time to do a quick preview of Blackpool versus Cardiff in a 3pm BST kick-off this Saturday afternoon at Bloomfield Road. Both teams drew their opening league games of the season and then followed them up with victories in the EFL Cup 1st Round so what will happen here?

Blackpool started life in the Championship with a courageous 1-1 draw away to Bristol City. The home side opened the scoring just before half-time through Chris Martin before an injury-time equaliser by the visitors thanks to Shayne Lavery. This will be the Seasiders' first home league game at this level since 2015 and head coach Neil Critchley will be keen to see his team repeat the display in midweek that produced a 3-0 victory over fellow second tier side Middlesbrough. Lavery is a decent shout for anytime scorer having bagged 2 goals in 2 games to kick start this campaign.

Cardiff will be looking to get their first 3 points of the season with this away trip to the Lancashire club. Mick McCarthy was keen to point out that his team would be going to Blackpool with the aim of getting the win but the squad he's put out which includes a midfield three of Joe Ralls, Marlon Pack, and Leandro Bacuna not only screams mid-table mediocrity but also says that we have no intention of taking any unnecessary risks to try and snatch the win. Our performance in the 1-1 draw with Barnsley was underwhelming. Pack opened the scoring just after the hour in the second half but Toby Sibbick equalised for the Tykes not long after. The 3-2 win over Sutton United in the EFL Cup papered over a lot of cracks but it was nice to see the likes of Marley Watkins, Josh Murphy, Will Vaulks, and Ryan Wintle get some minutes on the pitch.

I am worried about this season. I look at our squad and it just doesn't get me excited at all. Even a game like this I look at Blackpool's team and think "they could likely have us here". McCarthy's managerial nous is likely to keep us mid-table but we're not going anywhere without some investment in the playing squad. This game is one that Blackpool should really be trying to win and should be disappointed if they don't. I can see us scabbing a draw but it's going to be very ugly for us to win it.

Draw @ 3.25 with Genting Bet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.67 with SBK