** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - 6th August

Todays fun 40p Lucky 15 = £6.00

300 brighton           Bezzas Lad              12/1

825 Haydock          Whitehaven              11/2

638 Newmarket      Makram                    11/8

415 Clairfontane     Kertez                       9/2

3:00 brighton Bezzas lad was withdrawn so once again i have cashed out at no cost and so Obviously his can only be done if no selections have already run.

412 Muss               Three Saints Bay at  28/1     lost

825 Haydock          Whitehaven              11/2      2nd ran well

638 Newmarket      Makram                    11/8      2nd  ran poor although only btn a hd

415 Clairfontane     Kertez                       9/2      won

£4.00 returned for 1 winner so bank down to £86.60 - £13.40 from £100 after 5 bets at £6.00

Edited by Zilzalian
update

100 Thirsk - Taa Laa ( 14 /1 each way )

Should appreciate the 1f drop in trip & 1st time cheekpieces .

310 Muss - Bodyline ( 11/2 each way ) 2nd ?

Not ran for 323 days but Sir M Prescott is a master of these 14f races , tip is making 700 mile round trip & won class 2 over distance lto .

825 Hayd - Arabist ( 10/1 each way ) 3rd ?

Been dropping down the weights , has 1st time tongue tie & visior on , is a previous CD winner .

Edited by calva decoy
results update

My Trixie today is:

1.35 Thirsk Zebelle 11/10

3.35 Bri Katies Kitten 9/5 (A market drifter but it still seems the best bet to me)

4.10 Bri Merlims Beard 5/4

One £2 win Trixie = £8.00 Poss Return of £60.27

Single:

4.20 Muss Hayadh £2 win at 5.8 = £9.41 profit if it wins

Total stakes so far = £10

I have a possible plan B at the evening meetings if all goes pear shaped

Best of luck to all PL members today

1 hour ago, Wildgarden said:

except the good tipsters here such as yourself ? get ur life savings on hafit were buying money lol

Sounds like Irony to me ?.  Who do we listen to or take notice of?  If we had just a list of named horses for a race and no other information then backing a horse would be pot luck. We furnish them with form figures and ratings and then either follow someone else's advice or form an opinion ourselves before having a bet.  I believe that the markets are formed and developed by opinions.  The problem is knowing whether those opinions are founded on logic.  There was a horse in the 1.00 at Thirsk called Chanson D'Amour that I looked at.  The RP's spotlight said that it was no worry about it returning to 7 furlongs today.  I was worried about that and didn't back it.  I felt misled by the RP who are supposed to have professional people sizing up a race.  There are a lot of instances of the public being misled by the press.  I guess we need them but "let the buyer beware" is the motto and check some of this stuff out for yourself

30 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

This is my only bet today, surely it'll be a winner.  2.1 million for a horse is a lot, although that kind of money would be small change for  Godolphin! 

I hope that it does win for you Alex ?.  However, if I owned a £2m+ horse I don't think that I would allow a jockey to give it a hard race on its first outing on a racecourse

21 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I hope that it does win for you Alex ?.  However, if I owned a £2m+ horse I don't think that I would allow a jockey to give it a hard race on its first outing on a racecourse

I'm hoping that it will be a naturally fast horse with good stamina!

Edited by alexcaruso808

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

It didn't win by far but pre-race the commentators were saying what a terrific looking field of newcomers, oozing class all over

So it might turn out that he beat some very good horses

Good point. Is there a method of highlighting "good" races with a view to following the runners on subsequent runs.

The Cheltenham bumper used to be such a race but after Nick Mordin highlighted it the value subsequently disappeared.

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Trixie today is:

1.35 Thirsk Zebelle 11/10

3.35 Bri Katies Kitten 9/5 (A market drifter but it still seems the best bet to me)

4.10 Bri Merlims Beard 5/4

One £2 win Trixie = £8.00 Poss Return of £60.27

Single:

4.20 Muss Hayadh £2 win at 5.8 = £9.41 profit if it wins

Total stakes so far = £10

I have a possible plan B at the evening meetings if all goes pear shaped

Best of luck to all PL members today

RESULTS UPDATE

Katies Kitten  let me down for my Trixie but the other two won.  Not much return £9.45 so didn't pay for my £2 singles bet.  A loss of 55p on the day.  My new balance is £707.19 (Bank £1056.22)

Haven't had a chance to check the Saturday racecards; let's hope there aren't too many short priced favourites