** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday 5th August

Todays fun 40p lucky 15 = £6.00 prices as taken

230 Brighton           Atalanta Breeze     20/1

515 Yarmouth         Persaria                 11/4

557 Sandown         Olivetti                    7/2

825 Doncaster        Amir Kabir              11/2

Cashed out see below for update.

Edited by Zilzalian
update

August +2 

1pt level stakes win only 

15.00 Bri Cobra Eye 7/2 Lost

18.20 Leo Morning Dew 20/1 Lost

Prices as of now b365 

August 0

Odds on acca , bet 3 

16.20 Redcar 

Bashoosh 19.50 with boost returns 34.75 Lost , poor very poor 

As a famous bard one wrote ;" Once more unto the breach dear friends once more ". 

Odds on acca bet 1 follows soon .

Edited by roger2256
Result

23 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Todays fun 40p lucky 15 = £6.00 prices as taken

230 Brighton           Atalanta Breeze     20/1

515 Yarmouth         Persaria                 11/4

557 Sandown         Olivetti                    7/2

825 Doncaster        Amir Kabir              11/2

2 Non runners so we cash that one out with no penalty and replace it with:-

720 Donc                  serenading                 12/1    last

557 Sand                  olivetti                         11/4    last

825 Donc                  Amir Kabir                   11/2   2nd

130 Brig                    rawyaan                       9/1    won

Just the one winner and a little bit of profit of £1.60

rtns £7.60 so the bank recovers a tad to £88.60

Edited by Zilzalian
update

Tough day with short prices for my selections in the Trixie:

2.10 Yar Lucayan 5/4

2.50 Red Sweet Believer Ev

4.00 Bri Camerily Joe 15/8

One £2 win Trixie = £8 = poss return of £59.31

Singles:

1.45 Red Mereside Pearl £2 win at 10.5 = £18.62 p if it wins.  Bad draw to overcome

3.30 Bri Day trader £2 win at 4.9 = £7.64 profit if it wins Plenty of competition to overcome

4.55 Red De Mazzaro £2 win at 4.2 = £6.27.  should have take 11/2 last night ?

Total stakes = £14.00.  Will try a recovery bet on Camerily Joe if the first two legs of my Trixie fail

Not a lot of wiggle room if all goes pear shaped today

No qualifiers for the evening meeting at Doncaster with all class 3 events

Good luck to all and keep your betting bank safe

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Tough day with short prices for my selections in the Trixie:

2.10 Yar Lucayan 5/4

2.50 Red Sweet Believer Ev

4.00 Bri Camerily Joe 15/8

One £2 win Trixie = £8 = poss return of £59.31

Singles:

1.45 Red Mereside Pearl £2 win at 10.5 = £18.62 p if it wins.  Bad draw to overcome

3.30 Bri Day trader £2 win at 4.9 = £7.64 profit if it wins Plenty of competition to overcome

4.55 Red De Mazzaro £2 win at 4.2 = £6.27.  should have take 11/2 last night ?

Total stakes = £14.00.  Will try a recovery bet on Camerily Joe if the first two legs of my Trixie fail

Not a lot of wiggle room if all goes pear shaped today

No qualifiers for the evening meeting at Doncaster with all class 3 events

Good luck to all and keep your betting bank safe

I sometimes wonder about these top jockeys; Kevin Stott let Ulshaw Bridge get too far in front.  And of course the opposite happened earlier with Will Buick giving Lucayan a pasting at 9/2, albeit my selection drifted out to 15/8!  

I have just got £3.60 matched at 3.30 on Betfair to receive £8.11 Trixie money back should Camerily Joe prevail in the 4.00 Brighton. 

Probably won't play any more today if that loses.  The Doncaster card looks like a bookies benefit meeting.  There is always tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I sometimes wonder about these top jockeys; Kevin Stott let Ulshaw Bridge get too far in front.  And of course the opposite happened earlier with Will Buick giving Lucayan a pasting at 9/2, albeit my selection drifted out to 15/8!  

I have just got £3.60 matched at 3.30 on Betfair to receive £8.11 Trixie money back should Camerily Joe prevail in the 4.00 Brighton. 

Probably won't play any more today if that loses.  The Doncaster card looks like a bookies benefit meeting.  There is always tomorrow.

Will add £3.50 to win on De Mazzaro.  Because of a non runner my odds were cut and subsequently went above my betting odds of 4.2 to 4.6; I hate it when Betfair do this; they should have a "cancel" facility so that people can play again if they wish.  Anyway Rainbow Gift is flavour of the race so I'll take a chance that I am still betting on the same horse as I did earlier.  Will net £18. 32 profit if my horse wins or lose £21.10 on the day.

Not a good day for me so far.  Some odds on shots have won like Aquaman & Super Proud but Blowing Wind let punters down.

I hope that Bashosh wins the 4.20 at Redcar for favourite backers but I didn't fancy puting about £21 quid on it to get the £18 that I am trying to win on De Mazzaro

6 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Will add £3.50 to win on De Mazzaro.  Because of a non runner my odds were cut and subsequently went above my betting odds of 4.2 to 4.6; I hate it when Betfair do this; they should have a "cancel" facility so that people can play again if they wish.  Anyway Rainbow Gift is flavour of the race so I'll take a chance that I am still betting on the same horse as I did earlier.  Will net £18. 32 profit if my horse wins or lose £21.10 on the day.

Not a good day for me so far.  Some odds on shots have won like Aquaman & Super Proud but Blowing Wind let punters down.

I hope that Bashosh wins the 4.20 at Redcar for favourite backers but I didn't fancy puting about £21 quid on it to get the £18 that I am trying to win on De Mazzaro

RESULTS UPDATE

No winners today but I tried really hard to get out at B/E from an initial investment of £14.00 extended to £21.10 which seems fair to me.  Three short priced favourites turned over and two odds on shots won from my list of possibles today; so no great rewards for even odds on backers.  The £21.10 loss means that my new balance is £707.04 (Bank £1056.22).  I was wrong about the Doncaster meeting, three favourites and a joint favourite went in so I hope that a few PL members won something. 

5 UK flat meetings tomorrow; the best class races are at Musselburgh and Newmarket.  I haven't had a chance yet to take a decent look