** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cymru North 31 July

The Cymru North (Wales level 2) wasn't started last season, was curtailed in 19/20 with positions decided on PPG, and we're only on the third round of games this season.  So, any bets are tentative but there are a couple that have caught my eye with Bet365.

Conwy take on Llanidloes and are 10/11 to win.  Conwy finished upper mid table last time, and I expect them to be equally comfortable this time.  Their visitors were promoted last season which often means a year or so to adjust.  Conwy were evens last night so I'm obviously not the only one looking at a home win.

The big game is Airbus v Bangor, two sides I expect to be in the mix for the single promotion place.  Airbus fought valiently in their last campaign but were eventually relegated from the Premier.  Their start has been good with two wins, not against the strongest opposition, but a healthy goal difference shows a statement of intent.  Bangor changed manager half way through their last season, results improved, and they've  built on that with their signings over the last year.  I generally find it difficult to judge signings in this league because I don't know the players well enough but Bangor are my Welsh team so I try to keep a closer eye on them.  They've dominated both their games so far (according to their Twitter feed, anyway), losing against the run of play to Buckley then winning at Penrhyncoch despite a first half dismissal.  Bet365 have an Airbus win at 9/20 which is too short for me, possibly based on league position rather than quality unless there's something I don't know about.  No double chance available so I like a Bangor draw and win, both at 15/4 and around 2/1 overall.  Airbus may well win, but I struggle to make them this short so I see some value.