Jump to content
Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd juanmoment, 3rd McG **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st Soi Bongkot, 2nd fischer21, 3rd chillymonster, 4th Pempi, 5th patriciamarc **
** October Naps Competition Result: 1st sirspread, 2nd kenisbusy, 3rd Artie77, 4th Mick33. KO Cup Winner: The Equaliser, Most Winners: CS333 **

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

I can see Harris getting the better of Opelka in the next round, will probably be betting it as well. He's outplayed him in both previous matches, but it's 1-1 because he choked big time once. After beating Shapovalov so cleanly, some of those mental blocks could be gone.

Alcaraz will get past Gojo and then felix/tiafoe who can both be terrible players as well as good players on a day. alcaraz will have to get past medvedev which I think is a bit too much to reach the finals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not too enthusiastic myself, Raducanu is playing energetically and with a great attitude, she's changed for the better since the Wimbledon. Not saying she'll win, but the odds look about right to me. Good luck if you're getting involved though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Teodore said:

Guys, what about Rogers win 2.26 and to win set 1.46. i know Raducanu play great but for me this is huge value. What do you think ?

It is really hard to know what to think from the evidence on display. Raducanu whilst in this tremenduous form is yet to be truly tested. She is yet to meet a true heavy weight ball swatter where her defensive and counter-punching skills will be better tested. Rogers is definately a step up on previous challenges looking down the list of Raducanu's past conquests. I am not convinced that Raducanu is playing at the standard worthy of being included in the second week of a grand slam. I do not rate Sorribes Tormo that high on hard courts and think she was caught out in a match-up problem. Rogers is home and might be rising into some authentic form. The beating of Cirtea and Barty really upholds this form well. The bookies will be hoping that they catch unsuspecting punters out with this Raducanu hype that really has no strong roots. Rogers to win a set deserves the wager of a house in the present circumstances.

Edited by liquidglass
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Zverev vs Sinner - Over 3.5 Sets $1.80

Sinner hasn't been playing too bad from what I've seen, and can see some rallies between the two. I expect Sinner to have a strong first set with over 10.5 games in the first set worth a crack at $3.40.

 

Thoughts?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, let's just hope that she won't play like she did against Brengle. That was poor from both despite the scoreline.

I hear what you say, well...depending on what page you are reading on that winning book. I have always noticed in the past that knowing how a person played in a previous game can sometimes severly impair one's judgement of the next game. Better to just stay with the score minus opinion most times. The Brengle game could really be where she found her mojo. Me thinks!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, liquidglass said:

I have always noticed in the past that knowing how a person played in a previous game can sometimes severly impair one's judgement of the next game. Better to just stay with the score minus opinion most times.

Shapo has been playing incredibly bad since Wimbledon. As I said, he was lucky to beat Carballes in the 1st set, despite the big difference that exists between them on this surface. Harris was playing really good but the bookies had him as the underdog against Shapo. What happened? Harris beat Shapo in straight sets. 
Halep was playing really bad, she even had problems to beat an injured Rybakina (7-6, 4-6, 6-3). Rybakina had a foot injury but she was able to win the 2nd set and she had options to take the lead in the 3rd set, despite the fact that she barely could move. Svitolina was playing really good. She won in Chicago and she has won all her matches here in straight sets. Despite all that, bookies still considered the Halep-Svitolina as a 50-50 match. What happened? Svitolina destroyed Halep (6-3, 6-3). 
I can give you many more examples of this.
How a player has played on previous matches has a big importance on tennis betting. It's much more important how a player has played than the final score, much more!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That being said. I wouldn't bet against Raducanu. I have seen her many times since her run in Wimbledon and I have to say that she's on fire. Her preparation for the USO has been really good and she has won all her matches in straight sets. Besides, Rogers' form before coming here was really poor. Only 1 win in her preparation tournaments (San Jose, Montreal, Cincinnati and Cleveland), and that win was against an injured Collins that could not finish the match. In relation to the match she played against Barty, the aussie played one of the worse matches I ever seen on her. If my memory serves me correctly, there was a game in which she did 4 DFs! She did a lot of errors and looked sluggish. It was a really poor match from Barty. It's a hard match to predict but I wouldn't bet against a player that comes here in such good form, too risky!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, darko08 said:

That being said. I wouldn't bet against Raducanu. I have seen her many times since her run in Wimbledon and I have to say that she's on fire. Her preparation for the USO has been really good and she has won all her matches in straight sets. Besides, Rogers' form before coming here was really poor. Only 1 win in her preparation tournaments (San Jose, Montreal, Cincinnati and Cleveland), and that win was against an injured Collins that could not finish the match. In relation to the match she played against Barty, the aussie played one of the worse matches I ever seen on her. If my memory serves me correctly, there was a game in which she did 4 DFs! She did a lot of errors and looked sluggish. It was a really poor match from Barty. It's a hard match to predict but I wouldn't bet against a player that comes here in such good form, too risky!

+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Harris making me happy twice in a row!

Aryna Sabalenka to beat Barbora Krejcikova at 1.61 with Pinnacle

As much as I'd like to see Krejcikova win this, she's the underdog and perhaps a bigger one than the odds suggest. She was absolutely tired at the end of the previous match and those fitness problems run deeper. Even if the physios produce a small miracle, she'll have an in-form opponent to beat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Harris making me happy twice in a row!

Aryna Sabalenka to beat Barbora Krejcikova at 1.61 with Pinnacle

As much as I'd like to see Krejcikova win this, she's the underdog and perhaps a bigger one than the odds suggest. She was absolutely tired at the end of the previous match and those fitness problems run deeper. Even if the physios produce a small miracle, she'll have an in-form opponent to beat.

Congrats. I also got Harris during live betting. What do you think about his chances against Zverev ? Was expecting higher odds for Zverev so hard to bet with those low odds 1.17, but it looks like Zverev should dispatch Harris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

She was absolutely tired at the end of the previous match and those fitness problems run deeper. Even if the physios produce a small miracle, she'll have an in-form opponent to beat.

Did she say something about what she had? Cause I still don't know what problem she had... I remember her touching her abdomen and it seems she had a respiratory problem. She had a stitch? An abdominal injury? Or was she faking and trying to disrupt Muguruza's rhythm? Muguruza was losing 4-0 in the 2nd set but then she won 5 straight games and she had 3 BPs/SPs opportunities in the next game. Then, she had no problems to hold her serve (6-5) and it was when Krejcikova used the MTO (6 minutes). And don't forget about all the time she was losing between points during the TB. She did something similar in Dubai. After losing the 1st set against Muguruza, she took a long bathroom break (more than 10 minutes). She repeated in the SFs of the FO against Sakkari (after losing the 2nd set). Honestly, at this point I don't believe her anymore. She's like Tsitsipas and others players who will keep using the MTOs and BBs to disrupt their opponents' rhythm.

Edited by darko08
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, it is what it is. She went to the medical facilities straight after the win, I don't think she was bluffing. She was gassed so many times this season already and she usually lost after claiming that. Tsitsipas started his antics mainly after Djokovic did it to him in the French Open, it's hard to say who's faking it and who isn't. I think what Brooksby did against Karatsev was worse, but Tsitsipas wasn't sportsman-like either. Krejcikova I trust, for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bencic to beat Raducanu @1.72

I find these odds too good to not take Bencic.

Raducanu is on a good run in the last months but, to be honest, she did not encounter any top player on the road. The highest ranked opponents of her were Sorribes-Tormo, Zhang, Rogers and Vondrousova (at Wimbledon).

Bencic, on the other hand, is a much more experienced and tested player. She is on fire lately. Won Olympics and, generally, has great results this year. According to https://live-tennis.eu/en/wta-live-ranking, winning this match she will enter top 10 WTA. To be mentioned that she defeated much stronger opponents (compared to Raducanu's) in the last couple of months - Pegula, Swiatek, Krejcikova, Pavlyuchenkova, Rybakina. I did not watch many of her games but I've watched that last one, against Swiatek. Bencic played very strong and showed character in many moments of the game (Swiatek had chances to take the first set in the tie-break).

Having said that, I think that the odds on Bencic should be closer to 1.4-1.5. Let's see if they will drop later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck with that @vvararu!

A.Zverev/L.Harris - Over 3.5 sets at 1.97 with Unibet

Harris has been my lucky charm so far, bringing me wins over Shapovalov and then Opelka. I don't see him beating Zverev, but his mentality seems to have improved over recent times and perhaps even with the addition of Malisse to his team. Zverev can throw sets away, he nearly did so out of the blue against Sinner. Sinner failed to capitalize with cheap errors, but Harris has been playing better than the Italian so far in this event.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raducanu for me folks! Sorry to go against our great tipster vvararu....But i never trust any wta tour favourite, and over and above, i never trust Bencic. To be straight, this is a bet against Bencic, but of course i fancy the young Briton who finally seems to be as the next big thing in WTA tour, even if some of you smile, and i understand the smile, because the nature of the WTA tour is something so uncertain and unpredictable 'league' material,  that no one can make a serious and well equipped prediction! Bencic might think that winning the gold Olympics medal is a passport visa to win every game, and according to my estimations, and because Bencic is not a huge player by any means- rather an every now and then player- she will be trapped today by the mind of the very strong young briton player, who i like very much, and i hope her will not kill my euros today.

5/10 stakes, in order to save money for the soccer matches, which are Sweden and Switzerland both to win in massive prices!

Good luck folks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, delfino said:

Raducanu for me folks! Sorry to go against our great tipster vvararu....But i never trust any wta tour favourite, and over and above, i never trust Bencic. To be straight, this is a bet against Bencic, but of course i fancy the young Briton who finally seems to be as the next big thing in WTA tour, even if some of you smile, and i understand the smile, because the nature of the WTA tour is something so uncertain and unpredictable 'league' material,  that no one can make a serious and well equipped prediction! Bencic might think that winning the gold Olympics medal is a passport visa to win every game, and according to my estimations, and because Bencic is not a huge player by any means- rather an every now and then player- she will be trapped today by the mind of the very strong young briton player, who i like very much, and i hope her will not kill my euros today.

5/10 stakes, in order to save money for the soccer matches, which are Sweden and Switzerland both to win in massive prices!

Good luck folks! 

Well... as I've read somewhere... always go with the player that is on fire. When both players are on fire, go with the one that is more experienced. :)  To be honest, that did not work for me with Svitolina yesterday. I'll put my hopes in the more experienced player today again.

Let the strongest win :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, delfino said:

Hello! I am the God of Tennis!

RAducanu proved tonight that she is the next big thing for sure.

Bencic, was exactly as i predicted; A loser and a very weak player who could not have any sufficient first serve

delfino =God of TENNIS!

'

Good shot!

It seem that you have something personal against Bencic, though. :) Did she upset you a few times?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...